I'll buy someone a case of beer if they will come show me how to burn a DVD - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2003, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Mr. Baiter

I'll buy someone a case of beer if they will come show me how to burn a DVD

This DVD burning crap is hard I have been trying now for 2 days to figure this shit out. I think I am making it out to be harder than it is. Let me try to explain what I am doing and then yall tell me what I am doing wrong. First off I am using DVD Decryptor and also have on hand DVD Shrink. First I take Shrink and rip the file to ex.. C:\dvd_video. After getting the size of the movie down to 4482 mb I transcode it to above folder. After everything is thru I go to Decryptor and change the mode to write and select the source folder with the destination being the dvd burner. When I find the file, it says unable to read, reached end of file. I keep getting .vob files and .bup files and .ifo files but no .iso files which is what all the websites that I have read said that I should be sending to the burner. Why the hell can't I save the fucking file as one whole .iso file. So I tried it on my laptop. I decrypted it first then shrank it. I then opened Roxio EZ cd/dvd creator. I added all the tracks that were in the folder that I had created from DVD Shrink. Again no .iso file. Lots of .vob files and a couple .ifo's. I went ahead and burnt it to disk but after the burn I tried it in my desktop and it only opens up the files that were in the folder that I burnt. Not the movie.

What step am I missing? I am about ready to take this burner out and make a trot line weight out of it. I've tried www.dvdrhelp.com but their guides are sorta vague. Anybody wanna help me??????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 07:51 AM

what version of windows are you using?? i dont think fat32 can read a file over 4gb...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Mr. Baiter

I am using XP on both laptop and PC.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 12:52 PM
Timmay

VOB files are the files that you are supposed to burn to the DVD. I use Nero to burn my DVDs.. Select the new DVD Video option.. Drag and drop all of the files (VOB etc) into the VIDEO_TS directory.. burn and then you're done. ISO files are images.. I am not sure about Decryptor but I think DVD shrink will just extract the VOB files.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Mr. Baiter

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiny Tim
Drag and drop all of the files (VOB etc) into the VIDEO_TS directory.. burn and then you're done.
How do I do that?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2003, 09:41 PM
Lifer

here... read this.. hope it helps

http://users.auth.gr/~ichatzim/shrink.htm

Newbies, please watch THIS before posting.
www.Lewisvillefishing.net
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2004, 02:54 PM
date +%H:%M | grep 4:20

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaithis
here... read this.. hope it helps

http://users.auth.gr/~ichatzim/shrink.htm
nerd

"I live my life a 1/4 bag at a time."
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2004, 02:20 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by evilmonk
nerd

my car is faster.. slowpoke

Newbies, please watch THIS before posting.
www.Lewisvillefishing.net
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2004, 09:17 PM
Lifer

Dude - it really is easy

and the key thing is to buy good media if you expect it to play on your home settop player. If you are just gonna watch it on the PC, buy some good ole Fryes GQ brand. BTW, I have some Imation and some Princo DVD-R for you if you are interested in buying/trading.

Here's what works for me, YMMV

1. Use DVD Decyptor and rip the files from the original DVD to your HD
2. Use DVD2One and re-encode/compress the movie files you just ripped. This program is so easy, a monkey could use it. You will have a new set of VOB's, now totalling 4.3GB
3. Use ImgTools and create an ISO
4. Use DVD Decryptor to burn the image to DVD

Works beautifully, have done several with excellent audio and video quality. No animals were harmed during the making of this DVD and all the software mentioned above is freeware. (except DVD2One)

EDIT: I have also heard that DVD Shrink works well too but have never tried it. I had been trying to make backups of my DVD's for over a year now. Once I found a method that works, am sticking with it.

Last edited by miketyler; 01-03-2004 at 09:22 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2004, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Mr. Baiter

I finally figured it out and I used nothing but freeware. Where I was getting hung up was making an image to burn to disc. The way that I do it now is first I use DVD Shrink and either compress the Full Disc or Re-Author the DVD and just backup the main movie without any extras, commentaries,etc..... After that I make another folder with two sub folders inside which would be Audio_TS and Video_TS. I take the VOB's and everything else that Shrink made for me and copy them to the Video_TS folder of my new folder that I made. I then use IMGTool to make and ISO image of that folder and save it as______.iso. I then go to Dvd Decryptor and select the ISO file that I made under my new created folder as my source. Then I just burn to disc.

It really is easy, it was just the step of making an image that threw me off.

I'm rolling tonight though. I am on my third movie and got three to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement