Win XP Problem - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Win XP Problem

I built my computer about 3 or 4 months ago, and now I am having problems. I recently moved, and no longer have cable internet. The computer has not been hooked up to the internet for about 2 months now. Any time I try and listen to music, look at pictures, or videos, I get a message that says "this module is using a trial version of Delphi. The trial period has expired."

I never ran in to this problem before, and have no clue what to do about it. Also, I can't get into the my documents folder.

The machine is a AMD XP2500+ with an Asus A7N8x Deluxe mother board. A gig of RAM, and is running WinXP Pro. Nothing is pirated on the pc. I ma using the default Windows Media Player for audio and video.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Do you think that an update will correct it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 11:48 AM

a friend of mine had this same problem... however, his computer was infected w/ tons of virii so i just reinstalled the OS on it and it was fixed. dont know what else to tell you, i can look around when i get home to see if i can come up with anything.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

The only thing I can think of is that I may have forgot to register some software. But I know for a fact I registered the OS. I have never even heard of Delphi.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

O.k. I got on to try and find the problem last night, and now I can't get into anything. I can't get into My Computer, vids, audio, pics, My Documents, nothing. The only thing I can do, is Add/Remove Programs, and MSDOS prompt. I tried to format the hard drive, and it will not let me. I have done numerous searches on the Windows XP site, and I can't find anything helpful. I did a Yahoo Search for "Delphi" and it popped up a few things. One of the results, was a Matrix screen saver, which I have on my computer. I am goign to try and uninstall it tnoight, and see what happens. The only thing I can think of, is that maybe whoever designed the screensaver, was using a Trial version of Delphi. I have never heard of this shit in my life.

A more detailed description of what is going on.....

I can not get in to any Office programs.
I can't use Internet Explorer, but I can use Outlook Express.
I can sign on to AIM, and chat, but that is it as far as an internet connection goes.
I can use AutoCAD 2000, as well as both versions of AutoQuotes (a program I use for work). I can also run my updates for Autoquotes, but when I try and do a Windows update, I get the same damn error message. I really don't know what to do here.

ANY suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated. TIA
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Resident Epicurean

Nevermind. Looks as though I have found the culprit. Here are some links, and a fix in case anyone else runs across this problem.

Borland Tech Article

DevShed Forums

Borland explanation

Search Results from Yahoo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement