Motherboard and ATI Radeon 7000 prob... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2003, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down Motherboard and ATI Radeon 7000 prob...

Anyone have any ideas on this situation.... Im trying to slap a video card in my nephews computer. However i gots a problem.

When i put the Radeon(AGP) in.. the computer will not boot... my question is.. before i tell myself this is a bad video card...

He has been using the onboard video (SIS 630/???) and it has problems changing resolution via directx when launching games... (this is why im trying a better ATI card), the computer boots fine with the ATI card out... but once it is in none of the vga slots work (or the DVI slot on the card)

anyone run into this kind of problem.. maybe a jumper setting?? or is this a bad video card.

MB= EliteGroup K7SEM
VideoCard= ATI Radeon 7000

thanks
trey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2003, 08:22 PM

sounds tupid but alot of times, its the simplest things that bite you in the butt the longest. With the computer turned off, hold down the insert key. This is bypass the bios settings. If it boots, you know its something in the Bios. Also, have you tried the new video card on another machine. You also will definitley need to turn off the onboard VGA before attempting to insert the new card. Another possibilty would be the previous drivers are conflicting with the new card. Hope some of that helps.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-09-2003, 10:23 AM
Lifer

also go into the bios and disable the video manually. the onboard vid that is. another thing i had to do on one board was to disable all onboard stuff like vid and audio and then install the card. get the vid working and go back and reenable the sound in bios.

Newbies, please watch THIS before posting.
www.Lewisvillefishing.net

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-09-2003, 03:02 PM
El Camino

the newer video cards require more power. Make sure he has a decent power supply. I would say 250W or more. Wasn't sure what brand PC or if it was a home built.

2007 Taurus SEL - daily driver
1974 El Camino SS - 400sb

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrrfectstang
Umm.. what is the ID-10T settings?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-09-2003, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

did some checking.. tried all options (there is actually no way to disable the onbaord in the bios ) nothing seems to be working at all...
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-09-2003, 05:37 PM
Googlist-Wikipedian

Quote:
Originally posted by Stang2be
the newer video cards require more power. Make sure he has a decent power supply. I would say 250W or more. Wasn't sure what brand PC or if it was a home built.
True. Also much sure your mobo can support the cards voltage. I have a kt400 Black Dragon, and it has a big sticker on it that says, Only 1.5v supported.

2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan Ivory Pearl Premium

2006 Infiniti FX45 Liquid Platinum

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-09-2003, 06:46 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯

Most motherboards shut off onboard when you plug in a video card. Tell it to init agp first.

I'd have at least a 300watt power supply.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-10-2003, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

heheh.. i fried my first motherboard.... i said fuk it and gave my nephew my computer.

I did some searching and found that everything should work perfectly with a bios version one step lower, so i flashed with an older bios.. everying actually worked perfectly.. except i lost the keyboard , so no go there.. unable to restore the flash because the keyboard no longer works.

any ideas on that? btw, the power supply was a 250....
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-10-2003, 09:22 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯

reset the bios using the jumper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement