DFW Mustang Forums banner

Need help on HP computer

217 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  SSMAN 
#1 ·
I got on last night and out of the blue.......all my icons are real small. I opened up AOL and Explorer and they come up real small. I think my son (5yrs old) must have done it some how. Screen parameters seem to be right as far as the background, but everything is itty bitty! What the hell can I do to restore it back to its orginal state?

#4 ·
I Stang U said:
check the attached screen shot and check that he didn't select something funny there that makes the icons small...

I looked in to this...........I could enlarge the icons.........but the programs were still small. Keep in mind that I am computer challenged. Tool bars and writing on them are all real small.

#5 ·
GTChick01 said:
Or it could be the resolution.
How could the resolution make the stuff small? On aol the sign in box is like 2" x 1". The tool bar for the start menu and everything is really really small.

Is there not a default I can click on to restore this to its orginal state?

#6 ·
I will tell you this..........I did go into all the content folders and empty everything except the things that said they had programs related to them. There was like 5500 ipg and other poop in the recycle bin that I dumped. But I have done this before.

#8 ·
Ok.............I pretty sure its the resolution. I cranked my work computer all the way up on the resolution and got the same result. Its really nice to have some smart MFr's like your selves to help us dumb sob's out. I want to thank you very much:)

#10 ·
Thomas99GT said:
Ya the higher the resolution the smaller everythings gonna look. Switch it back to 800*600 or so and it will be back to normal
Thanks........my work screen is at 1024 x 768.........I think thats where it needs to be, but we will see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.