Does anyone know how to change a program so that it doesn't need a "dongle"? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-11-2003, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
How you doin'

Question Does anyone know how to change a program so that it doesn't need a "dongle"?

i use this stupid program, at work, that has one "dongle" key for multiple users, so when i work somewhere else, on my laptop, i can't open the program. i asked the software company to give us several single user dongles, but they said that they wouldn't do that, unless we actually purchased several additonal single user dongles... there's only a few people that use this program, and we have a dongle for more users than we really need, but i can't take it with me, because other people can't use the program. anyway, i've looked up some stuff on the internet, but it all sounds like greek to me. they act like it's an easy thing, but i just don't have the experience to undertake that kind of task. anyway, if someone, on here, knows how, let me know, and if you fix it, i'll buy you lunch, or something...

brad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 12:54 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯

OK, I'll ask first.... What the fuck is a dongle
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 10:28 AM
Super Jew

THE HISTORY OF DON GAUL

Once there was a developer named Don Gaul who’s software application was being used wherever he traveled around the world, without his knowledge or compensation! “What is this!” he said! “I need to secure my software!” And, so was born the “dongle”. A hardware device or key that can be integrated in to your application to ensure that your property is protected and your license revenues secured!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 10:45 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯

yeah, I'm gonna have to lock this thread if its about priacy...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 11:15 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Dongle is a Deskey that plugs in to the parallel port. We use them at Nokia to prevent unauthorized acess to a program that can change setting inside the phones.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 11:38 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯

Re: Does anyone know how to change a program so that it doesn't need a "dongle"?

Quote:
Originally posted by STANGGT40
ii've looked up some stuff on the internet, but it all sounds like greek to me. they act like it's an easy thing, but i just don't have the experience to undertake that kind of task. anyway, if someone, on here, knows how, let me know, and if you fix it, i'll buy you lunch, or something...

brad
Show me the links, and maybe I can help.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2003, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
How you doin'

Re: Re: Does anyone know how to change a program so that it doesn't need a "dongle"?

Quote:
Originally posted by AbecX
Show me the links, and maybe I can help.
http://fravia.anticrack.de/fp_dong1.htm

here is one, and there are a ton more, if you do a yahoo search, but most of them are in german or some other language. i'm not really trying to pirate, because we pay for way more licenses than we really need, but i can't use the program away from work! i could take the dongle with me, but then if someone else is here, they can't use it either. it sucks!!! anyway, i just want to be able to use the program, away from the office, without having to put anyone else out. the only other way that i can think of is to somehow connect to our network via some sort of internet connection.

brad

brad
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 10:21 AM
El Camino

those are also called software keys and used by companies to do what it is doing now. Most likely they wrote their code to look for the device and if its not there to either not run or run in a licesned mode. If you need multiple users to use it at the same time you could look at setting up a terminal server but the hardware costs/software/licensing etc will possibly be more than buying more "dongels"

I vote this one should be locked and falls under the category of piracy.

2007 Taurus SEL - daily driver
1974 El Camino SS - 400sb

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrrfectstang
Umm.. what is the ID-10T settings?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement