i hate foxpro - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2003, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Timmay

i hate foxpro

it is the WORST database system ever developed.

and i HAVE to work with it.

i hate it
i hate it
i hate it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2003, 12:42 PM
Time Served

i hate it too.......

Lucky we switch to Access and just import the database from Foxpro....

01 Gray Silverado
89 White Coupe
05 GSX-R 1000
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2003, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Timmay

yeah, The foxpro engine is dirt slow as is the Access engine. Our dialer uses foxpro so there isn't any way around it. We are looking to get a SQL based dialer, which will make the world sooooooo much better.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2003, 04:59 PM
Crackalack!

Wow!! Nice to hear that I'm not the only bastard that has to deal w/ this shitty program....My company uses it customized as part of our estimating software. Foxpro has got to be the absolute worst!!! It is ridiculously slow, drops off items and is in general a giant PITA!! I've used other estimating programs like Estimation Inc., QuickPen and a couple of Excel Based programs. My company is actually shit-canning Foxpro hopefully by the end of the year. We're going to another program (the name eludes me right now) but it should be much better. We are constantly "attext'ing" from AutoCad into Foxpro and the new program will actually be linked to AutoCad and will revise the quote itself as the drawings are revised! Sweet! Can't wait for the change. Sounds like a setup nightmare though huh??

Last edited by Doug Hatton; 11-06-2003 at 05:03 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 05:36 AM
Warden

I have to deal with foxpro too. My company uses come crappy telco management software called Phonebizz. They wanted a way to create new reports and a web front end, so I am exporting all the data to a Mysql database nightly. I then use a PHP front end to display data. Everyone now uses my frontend that doesnt have to enter new data, since I cant write back to foxpro. They are saying my stuff is like 10 times faster than the Phonebizz GUI.

BTW, there is a cool program called cdbflite that will export foxpro table info to a bunch of different formats. It will go to CSV, html, sql, etc,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement