win xp pro and/ or help....... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

win xp pro and/ or help.......

my friend just ordered a system from ibuypower.com computer came blank with nothing on it, because it was going to be 300 more to put xp on there, i have a copy of xp pro so i just put it on there for him, the copy of xp pro has been on my computer for a few months nar a problem with it, well we install it on his computer he loads all his drivers and age of mythology, well it comes up with a corrupt system file and to press r yadda yadda...well all you can do it reinstall windows everytime, ok so we did it twice then decided not to load the game, computer worked a few days...loaded the game and worked the first few times then today when he goes to boot it up had ot reinstall again for like the 5th time, im thinking its a driver erroe causing it, how could that game corrupt a system file? expecially when all the games are on D and all windows stuff is on Cwhen the computer is working everything seems to work great so im sure its not his system, seems to me like the game is somehow messing it up? im un aware of how, we thought it was the usb driver so we didnt load the printer or scanner this last time but it still did it...so im completely and utterly lost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

i truely appreciate all the support and help received, but i handled the prroblem myself.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 03:40 PM
Big Fundamental

Sorry, support.microsoft.com didn't turn up any responses for "yadda yadda"

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-03-2003, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

prob cause microsoft doesnt know wtf they be doing neway, it was a hardware problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement