Originally posted by Tiny Tim
lol, I have never had any problems with Windows that took me more than a couple hours to fix.
Me neither, but when it comes down to 'hardware' issues, MS doesnt really give you any way to track what the fuck is going on, all this time I've been going at it likes its a software problem:
1. Tried to turn the PC on, it would get halfway through the splash screen and lock.
2. Installed Win2k Server CD and tried to run repair tool, it asked for my raid arrary drivers, I had them on a floopy, it would get to right before it lets you say install, repair, and would just rebooted.
3. Removed drive from raid array and installed it in hda0 and turned off raid array
4. Box would boot, but if you rebooted, you had to hard power off and on, rebooting would get it to lock on the splash screen.
5. Uninstalled Service Pack 4 as event log showed that it had recently been installed, and I assumed that was the problem.
6. Rebooted, and it would come back up, but nothing worked, eth0 was installed correctly, it had its ip but would not ping out, it had a network connection, and the nic was going crazy, even though we're on a switch, the ethernet properties said 0 sent 0 recieved.
7. Replaced nic, still no luck.
8. Formatted, reinstalled, eth0 still doesnt work.
9. Pulling my hair out trying to fix hardware now.
Its a brand new gigabyte mobo GA-7VAXP, 1gb of crucial, raid 40x2 gb drives, all name brand and top notch shit.
VetEtr says I dont know what I'm doing, you're right, I dont, if this shit was happening in linux I would've been told right away what the fuck was the problem, in windows you have to walk in circles because no one knows what they are doing.