Computer problems PLEASE DONT MOVE - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
my name doesn't mean coke

Angry Computer problems PLEASE DONT MOVE

ok now, this is going TO take a little bit.

I AM HAVEing major computer problems.

1st i have two pop-up stoppers that don't stop the hidden popups that install shit on yoUR COmputer. so all this shit is always intalling shit on my computer. now i know SOME OF THE programs that have been installed are seriously fucking some shit up. if you have noticed some of my type is in lower cased and upper cased. well that is one of the programs that does this. I am not hitting the caps lock or the shift button. Another thing sometimes when i am on a web page for to long i can't click anylinks at all. i have to close IE and open it up again. sometimes when i click my mouse instead of placing the cursor (for instance in here so i can type) it goes back in history to previous pages. also if i have an error and i hit the backspace it will sometimes delete the whole word or even the whole paragraph.

now with the programs. i go into the conrol panal and click the add/delete programs button and 90% of the time it won't let me in there. when it does, i remove programs i know are not supposed to be on there and they will not remove off of the computer. some of the programs aren't even on this list. they are some where hidden on the c:/ drive

then some times my coputer just wont work it will freeze and the only way to start it back up is to unplug it cause the manual restart button won't even work half of the time.

this is only half of my problems. What do i need to do?

MODERATORS please don't move this to the computer tech forum as most people don't go there and I need as much help as possible

*side note* 45 minutes later and 3 tries i finally get this all typed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 11:49 PM
Moved to dfw mustangs.net

must suck to be you! LOL!

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 11:51 PM

Have you tried running a program like Adaware that finds and removes spyware? You can d/l it free Here

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

been there done that have two programs that do it
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 11:58 PM

c:\ format *.*
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 11:59 PM
F=W x A / g

I had all of the same problems once.

I opened the case and ants had been living in my tower.....NO B.S.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

what the HELL iS that

damn it
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 12:02 AM
93 Blk Coupe

dam that sucks...
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 12:13 AM

Start the Registry Editor:
Start-> Run -> regedit

Then look for the key:
\My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACNINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Win dows\CurrentVersion\Run

There will probably be something in there that shouldn't be. Don't remove your virus software, of course, but if you aren't sure, do a google search for the name of the program and you should find some clues as to what it's for. When you find something that shouldn't be there, either delete the item (from the window on the right), or if you're not sure, rename the value in the key from 'program.exe' to '_program.exe' or something like that. You'll get an error when you boot, but it will be easy to change it back. if needed.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 02:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by INTP
Start the Registry Editor:
Start-> Run -> regedit

Then look for the key:
\My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACNINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Win dows\CurrentVersion\Run

There will probably be something in there that shouldn't be. Don't remove your virus software, of course, but if you aren't sure, do a google search for the name of the program and you should find some clues as to what it's for. When you find something that shouldn't be there, either delete the item (from the window on the right), or if you're not sure, rename the value in the key from 'program.exe' to '_program.exe' or something like that. You'll get an error when you boot, but it will be easy to change it back. if needed.

Hey man thanks I appriciate what you did. I sat here for probably 2 hours going through all this shit.

This works trust me. Oh and a good site to check your system for you to see what is on there is here

Hey thanks all for the imput
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 06:25 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by lowthreeohz
/\
Time to start clean.

I'd do an F-Disk and rebuild the partition table than follow the instructions above.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lowthreeohz
what is that going to do?
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by xtremcoder
what is that going to do?
if you add /y, nothing.
it reinstalls windows, honest!
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 10:01 AM

its not going to do anything man... the comman you are looking for is format c:
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 10:40 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯

Re: Computer problems PLEASE DONT MOVE

Quote:
Originally posted by c8ball9
I AM HAVEing major computer problems.
I'm going to assume you are running some windows distribution.
Quote:
1st i have two pop-up stoppers that don't stop the hidden popups that install shit on yoUR COmputer. so all this shit is always intalling shit on my computer. now i know SOME OF THE programs that have been installed are seriously fucking some shit up. if you have noticed some of my type is in lower cased and upper cased. well that is one of the programs that does this. I am not hitting the caps lock or the shift button. Another thing sometimes when i am on a web page for to long i can't click anylinks at all. i have to close IE and open it up again. sometimes when i click my mouse instead of placing the cursor (for instance in here so i can type) it goes back in history to previous pages. also if i have an error and i hit the backspace it will sometimes delete the whole word or even the whole paragraph.

Ya know, out of all the pop ups, and 'hidden popups' out there, I've never heard of any that screw up typing and mess up typing like you claim. Perhaps you have a virus, faulty keyboard, or something else. Popups weren't made to screw up your computer rather than to get you to buy things. Why don't you try increasing your security settings in internet explorer, running a virus scan, and being a little bit wiser when you go surfing the internet.
Quote:
now with the programs. i go into the conrol panal and click the add/delete programs button and 90% of the time it won't let me in there. when it does, i remove programs i know are not supposed to be on there and they will not remove off of the computer. some of the programs aren't even on this list. they are some where hidden on the c:/ drive

When a program is installed, it doesn't necessarily go in the add/remove options in control panel, honestly it sounds like you need a good old fashion virus scan, or perhaps a reinstall.

Quote:
then some times my coputer just wont work it will freeze and the only way to start it back up is to unplug it cause the manual restart button won't even work half of the time.

If the restart button is fucking up, then you either have a bad switch, bad connection, or a bad motherboard, sounds like your computer is a piece of junk that needs to be fixed, you didnt build it did you?
Quote:
this is only half of my problems. What do i need to do?

1. Turn off the computer and bring it to me so I can fix it.
2. Come pick the computer up after its fixed.
3. Learn how to use and keep a computer maintained.
Quote:
MODERATORS please don't move this to the computer tech forum as most people don't go there and I need as such help as possible

??? There is a lot of people in here all the time, if you have a computer question post it in here, chances are you'll get a better and faster response then if you post it in the back porch, what your computer is doing isn't anything major, its just a bunch of small problems created by the user.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

virus scan ran, nothing popped up.

computer is a Sony VAIO and is a year old.

I did not do this, when I got back from San diego the computer was like this , it just has not been this bad. i used to think that it was the computer and didn't know what to do. but since i posted this and INTP posted what he did, that fixed what ever was wrong with the computer. THanks for you imput Cruz apprciate it. but computer is fixed.

Thanks INTP
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 11:40 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯

Thumbs up

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

Download, and run that, for the sake of god!
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 12:48 PM
Lifer

So what entry did you have to modify?
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

I ran the registry and every single program that was on there i checked with a google search. I then found out which ones were supposed to be there, and removed the ones that were not supposed to be there, with this website click here

it helps trust me
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 07:59 PM
Rolling with the homies

Re: Computer problems PLEASE DONT MOVE

Quote:
Originally posted by c8ball9
MODERATORS please don't move this to the computer tech forum as most people don't go there and I need as much help as possible
Actually putting it in the Computer Support Forum will probably get you better help than on The Back Porch. Obviously you need help and you don't frequent this forum so you don't know that it is very active for these kinds of topics.

Now, I'd suggest maybe doing an Internet Explorer Repair from Add/Remove Programs if it's listed there or if you are running Windows XP Restore from a previous date before you were having this problem. Restore should be listed under Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

Sponsored Links
Advertisement