missing file? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-20-2003, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

missing file?

when xp home booting up, comes up with "could not find winlogi file"...but runs fine after that if i just click ok. Never heard of this file. Anyone know what this file does or where i can get it to stop the annoying error. When i do a search for it on any search engine it does not find anything nor does windows tech have any info on it. Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-21-2003, 09:25 AM
98 SVT Cobra

I am assuming that you get this error once you have logged into Windows and your services are starting. It sounds as though what could be happening is that a program that was recently deleted is still trying to start up but displays an error once the file cannot be found. Windows programs are notorious for not getting rid of all the registry setting when a program is uninstalled. I would suggest doing a search in your registry for winlogi and deleting every instance of it, then reboot the computer. That should take care of your error.

I did a search on all my computers and found no file named winlogi. I did however find a program on the internet called winlogi but the page was in german. The best I could tell is that it is sometype of program that logs alarms and system messages across a network.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-21-2003, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Didnt even think about the registry. Will try that, thanks so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement