C&C Generals Tips - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2003, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies

C&C Generals Tips

I've been getting into the game lately and I'm still getting used to things. I'm a diehard Total Annihilation player and C&C is kind of a departure from what I'm used to playing. I usually play as the US and I'm wondering what kind of tips and strategy you guys can offer. Also, how do you get the A-10 as a plane? I've seen the computer USA player come out with it but I've never seen it as an option. What other weapons are out there?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 02:18 PM
Floored...

Im not sure about any cheats. But as a US player, I can tell you a few things.

1) You can beat brutal in a matter of minutes (under 5) if you place your bases right next to him.

2) The farther away you place bases from the computer, the harder the game will be.

3) Get some Money drops as soon as you can.

4) Get 2 choppers made first. And 2 SAM sites close together at the most likely place the computer will attack you from. After a few games, you will figure out the AI's idea of routing. Keep your choppers a bit behind the SAMs. Any approaching ground units will target your SAMs and lock onto them. Then, your choppers can move forward to take out hte ground units.
Upgrade your choppers after making a 3rd one to have the rockets. This makes a big difference.

Dont worry about taking over oil wells that are out on the field any time soon. If its not in your base, the best thing to do is blow the fucker up. the computer will defend it better than you can, and it will lead to your demise in the game.

When you get your first "1 star" upgrade, use it for the Drones. When you get your 2nd one, save it. When you get your 3rd, spend it and get the A10 2nd level upgrade. Now you will have the A10s. You have to be a 3rd star general to get it, and by saving the 2nd upgrade star, when u get your 3rd, you have A10 second level. And it is bad ass.

Now, if you want to take out an opponent (computer) in just a few minutes, put the 2 bases next to each other. Build 2 dozers. Have the first dozer build a power station and money depo next to your resources. When your 2nd dozer pops, send him directly to the computers main center. Build a sam site first, then a barraks, then another sam site. Pump out 2 gunsmen and the rest are all rocket guys. You will figure it out. Make sure to take out their barracks first because they will pump out rifle guys and rocket men to counter you.

Fun game, I just played it too much.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies

Good tips Shane, thanks.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2003, 04:05 PM
11-05-09

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Evil
Im not sure about any cheats. But as a US player, I can tell you a few things.

1) You can beat brutal in a matter of minutes (under 5) if you place your bases right next to him.

2) The farther away you place bases from the computer, the harder the game will be.

3) Get some Money drops as soon as you can.

4) Get 2 choppers made first. And 2 SAM sites close together at the most likely place the computer will attack you from. After a few games, you will figure out the AI's idea of routing. Keep your choppers a bit behind the SAMs. Any approaching ground units will target your SAMs and lock onto them. Then, your choppers can move forward to take out hte ground units.
Upgrade your choppers after making a 3rd one to have the rockets. This makes a big difference.

Dont worry about taking over oil wells that are out on the field any time soon. If its not in your base, the best thing to do is blow the fucker up. the computer will defend it better than you can, and it will lead to your demise in the game.

When you get your first "1 star" upgrade, use it for the Drones. When you get your 2nd one, save it. When you get your 3rd, spend it and get the A10 2nd level upgrade. Now you will have the A10s. You have to be a 3rd star general to get it, and by saving the 2nd upgrade star, when u get your 3rd, you have A10 second level. And it is bad ass.

Now, if you want to take out an opponent (computer) in just a few minutes, put the 2 bases next to each other. Build 2 dozers. Have the first dozer build a power station and money depo next to your resources. When your 2nd dozer pops, send him directly to the computers main center. Build a sam site first, then a barraks, then another sam site. Pump out 2 gunsmen and the rest are all rocket guys. You will figure it out. Make sure to take out their barracks first because they will pump out rifle guys and rocket men to counter you.

Fun game, I just played it too much.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 11:42 AM
Lifer

I've been playing the shit out of this game. beat china and USA on all levels. Fuck playing the GLA... they're boring as hell to play as.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally posted by Leif
I've been playing the shit out of this game. beat china and USA on all levels. Fuck playing the GLA... they're boring as hell to play as.
Damn, I have a little trouble playing against 3 Hard Level computer players but I'm starting to take full advantage of when your General gets promoted. Fuel Air Bomb's and A-10's kick ass!

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 05:17 AM
Floored...

3 brutals in an open map is suicide. I can beat 3 in a map where I can control their entry way good. Otherwise, its just a good old fashioned kamakaze run.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Evil
3 brutals in an open map is suicide. I can beat 3 in a map where I can control their entry way good. Otherwise, its just a good old fashioned kamakaze run.
No shit, I can handle 3 Hard Army's but it just takes longer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement