Asus A7v133 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2003, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Asus A7v133

I recently purchesed an ASUS A7V133 (used). I got the board out of the box and connected a video card, working memory, and the CPU/Heatsink/Fan, and then connected to power. Everything worked fine. I then proceeded to connect my hard disk drives and cd-roms. However, this time I got no video or beeps. I disconnected everything and went back to memory, video, cpu, and power. I still get no beeps or video. I looked on ASUS' website and found out that there might be something grounding the mobo to the case, and it suggested that I take the mobo out of the case and do everything on a table somewhere. I followed the directions and still got no video or beeps. What could I be doing wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2003, 02:07 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Did it let the smoke out somewhere?

Take it down to bare board, and see if you get any kind of beeps. And work your way up from there.

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2003, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

I disconnected everything from the board and still got no repsonses. No smoke came out. I'm on the phone with ASUS right now to see if i can send the mobo in. But before I do that I want to buy a processor and make sure that it is the board thats bad. If I hook a good processor to a bad board, can I ruin the processor?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2003, 12:25 PM
Time Served

Anything is possible but I wouldn't worry about it just make sure to get a boxed processor just for a worst case scenario. And if you can by the proc at Fry's as they will take anything back for any reason with in 15 days of purchase.

New Car;
2007 Shelby GT 500
Steeda CAI
SCT Tuner

Previous car;
2003 Black Cobra

Mods...
Diablo Predator
2.8 upper pully
Steeda Blower Belt Tensioner
AFT-CAT Bassani Exhaust Sytem
Bassani X
Kenne Bell CAI
MGW Shifter
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2003, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the info neo...

i just sent the mobo back to Asus and they are sending me a new one if they cant fix this one, assuming its bad. when i get it back ill try out the processor i have here and if all else fails ill go to fry. thanks.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2003, 05:14 AM
3rd shift sloucher

another thing to check with Asus, is that assuming that your video card is AGP make sure that you have seated it frimly and the Retaing foot i cliped, i had the a sim problem and that fixed it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement