DFW Mustang Forums banner

Tool concert

1K views 60 replies 18 participants last post by  R1Psycho 
#1 ·
I heard yesterday that Tool will be playing at the Fort Worth Convention center in early May. I heard the date, but I can't remember it. I didn't hear who will be opening, but should be cool either way. :D

#28 ·
Tyrone Biggums said:
Their show at the Bronco Bowl for the Aenima tour was the best concert I've ever attended.

the bronco bowl? crap...haven't heard anything about it since I was about 6!

#32 ·
Checked on Ticketmaster for tickets to the OKC show, and they still have plenty., Decided not to take a chance on the Ft Worth show. They ALWAYS sell out DFW within a few minutes. Besides, I'm sure tickets to Ft Worth are going to be insanely priced, as they always are. OKC show was $54 each, plus convenience charges. So we picked up ten. Will be a nice getaway for a day or two. I need to check out Winstar still, so we will probably do so on the way back.

#33 ·
I got 2 tickets to the Fort Worth TOOL show today through the TOOLARMY presale. It is a great thing to have those pre-sales every concert. I am sure I will log on tomorrow and try ticketmaster as well for my friends who want to go. I will have a set of nice seats through the presale though:) Can't wait.

#34 ·
bcoop said:
Checked on Ticketmaster for tickets to the OKC show, and they still have plenty., Decided not to take a chance on the Ft Worth show. They ALWAYS sell out DFW within a few minutes. Besides, I'm sure tickets to Ft Worth are going to be insanely priced, as they always are. OKC show was $54 each, plus convenience charges. So we picked up ten. Will be a nice getaway for a day or two. I need to check out Winstar still, so we will probably do so on the way back.
Where are the seats located? Thanks for picking up mine! :D

#36 ·
TorchRedStang said:
Looks like it sold out in 9 minutes!

Luckily I logged on and started buying tickets right at 10am and bought 4 pairs... 2 in section 100, 4 in section 200, and 2 in section 300.

Those bastards were expensive though! Like $70 each after all the BS fees!

I am damn glad I got pre-sale tickets through TOOLARMY yesterday. I logged on at 9:55am today and refreshed till they went on sale. I asked for 4 and got section 304 row P, lol. That is some BS for logging on the second they go on sale. I hate Ticketmaster.

My TOOLARMY seats better be better than that shit.......

#39 ·
mikecobra95 said:
I am damn glad I got pre-sale tickets through TOOLARMY yesterday. I logged on at 9:55am today and refreshed till they went on sale. I asked for 4 and got section 304 row P, lol. That is some BS for logging on the second they go on sale. I hate Ticketmaster.

My TOOLARMY seats better be better than that shit.......
Section 304 is located on the west side of the arena and it is about 3 sections from the end. Row P isn't that great, the seating in that section goes all the way to row DD or EE so you will be a little bit past the middle.

#40 ·
FastFord19 said:
I got 2 for section 307.

My gf got them for my birthday.
Section 307 is also on the west side towards the north end. It will be a smaller section and it will be kinda angled toward the stage. Shouldn't be too bad.

#41 ·
If you got any tickets for the 300's then they will be in the upper level.
If you got 200's then they will be closer to the floor.
If you are lucky enough to get the floor seats then congrats.

If you haven't been to the convention center then expect to pay 6 bucks for parking if you park in the garage. Concessions are high, 3 bucks for a 20 oz drink and I think beer will be in the 5-7 dollar range.

I will be there, but I won't be sitting anywhere, instead I will be standing on the ramp (which is the walk way) as close as I can get. I still have no word on who will be with them, but I heard that they might be by themselves.

Also on a side note I think there will be 37-40 cops working so watch out. You will be screened with metal detectors so don't bring any chains, cameras and depending on the fire marshall they might take your lighters.

If you have any questions about anything at the center then let me know and I will try to answer them.

#42 ·
R1Psycho said:
If you got any tickets for the 300's then they will be in the upper level.
If you got 200's then they will be closer to the floor.
If you are lucky enough to get the floor seats then congrats.

If you haven't been to the convention center then expect to pay 6 bucks for parking if you park in the garage. Concessions are high, 3 bucks for a 20 oz drink and I think beer will be in the 5-7 dollar range.

I will be there, but I won't be sitting anywhere, instead I will be standing on the ramp (which is the walk way) as close as I can get. I still have no word on who will be with them, but I heard that they might be by themselves.

Also on a side note I think there will be 37-40 cops working so watch out. You will be screened with metal detectors so don't bring any chains, cameras and depending on the fire marshall they might take your lighters.

If you have any questions about anything at the center then let me know and I will try to answer them.
Forget the pay parking. Park in the free garage by the Bass Hall, and walk down. It's not like you're in downtown Dallas.. This is Fort Worth.

#43 ·
fordracing19 said:
How does it sell out if ticketmaster still shows seats?
Well damn! Yesterday it showed sold out by 11am... guess the made more tickets available?? Still, section 30X row W is nothing to get excited about. I'm gonna wait another ten days or so and then throw them on e-bay. They are already selling for a decent profit... Floor seats look to be selling for a little over double face value.

#45 ·
Having seen Tool once back in 1997 at the then Coca Cola Starplex, I vowed to see them again, and to make sure my wife did as well.. Decided a Wednesday night concert wouldn't be ideal, I looked on Ticketmaster for tickets to the OKC show on Saturday night.. First five times, it tried to give me seats in the uppermost section of the Ford Center, directly stage right where'd we'd have a sweet ass (sense the sarcasm) profile view of the band from 200 yards..

One last try before going to Ebay, and voila.. stage center, 7 rows off the floor, seats 1 and 2 on the aisle..

Life is good, and we get to see Tool.

Todd

#46 ·
Setlist

Browsing around I found the common setlist they used a bunch in Japan this spring..

Stinkfist
Swamp Song
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Right In Two
Sober
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

Interesting enough, no "The Pot"

Pretty amazing setlist.. just under 1.5 hours..

#51 ·
kinski, i think that is the way it is spelled, anyway will be the opening band. They are scheduled to go on at 8 and play for 30 min. then tool plays at or around 9pm.
I don't think there will be a mosh pit, since we were told to put zip ties on all of the chairs on the floor. If anyone wants to say hey I will be standing in front of section 318 or 317 wearing jeans and a black steeda hat and my name is Justin. Enjoy whoever is going. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.