DFW Mustang Forums banner

J.D. Quinn - "I only took money"

1K views 59 replies 12 participants last post by  SVTVenom 
#1 ·
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2825084

Man, what an idiot.

"All I did was take cash. I didn't break any laws and I get kicked off the team, but there's people on the team that are breaking laws and failing drug tests and stuff like that, and there's nobody getting kicked off the team for that type of stuff."

After saying that, Quinn declined to provide details of his allegations about other players, but said it was not necessarily about players on the OU team.

"I was just saying around the country. I wasn't saying it in the context of Oklahoma. There's just people I've heard of doing things."

:rolleyes: Sounds like he let the cat out of the bag, but realized he probably violated a deal he had with OU to not talk about the subject. Thats exactly why Rhett Bomar went as far as to not even say a word and issue a "No comment" through a Sam Houston State official.

How OU fans can sit there and say that they are not worried about April 14 is beyond me with all this plus Adrian Peterson and his world's longest test drive.

See less See more
#27 ·
ya two need to get a room

#33 ·
01WhiteCobra said:
Why is he an idiot? What he stated was absolutely true. He didn't break any laws of Oklahoma or the United States he broke a rule by the NCAA which is a civil matter.
He's an idiot because he broke a rule he already knew about and understood that it would cause him to be kicked off the team and quite possibly cause OU to have sanctions placed upon them. If you don't agree with the rules or can't abide by them, don't play and put others careers at risk.

Lets not forget the fact that he is basically throwing his former team under the bus and then backtracking on his statements only seconds later.

An idiot takes thousands of dollars while he is in college and then gives up the millions he could have had after he got out of college and played in the NFL.

Failing a drug test would indicate a law has been broken in most circumstances. If you test postive for weed in Oklahoma, at some point, you broke the laws in Oklahoma.

And given he's about 6' 5" and 310 pounds I'm not going to argue with him. :D
While I don't believe he ever tested positive for drugs, I do believe he does have some other arrests in regards to MIP's or public intox.

#34 · (Edited)
SVTVenom said:
He's an idiot because he broke a rule he already knew about and understood that it would cause him to be kicked off the team and quite possibly cause OU to have sanctions placed upon them. If you don't agree with the rules or can't abide by them, don't play and put others careers at risk.

Lets not forget the fact that he is basically throwing his former team under the bus and then backtracking on his statements only seconds later.

An idiot takes thousands of dollars while he is in college and then gives up the millions he could have had after he got out of college and played in the NFL.

While I don't believe he ever tested positive for drugs, I do believe he does have some other arrests in regards to MIP's or public intox.
So, what you are saying is he is acting like any other 19 year old? If we counted up all the cars and "donations" NCAA football players make you would have more the the GDP of most third world countries. Oh fucking hell, HE DRINKS BEER! SHIT! CALL FUCKING CNN!

JD Quinn is good but I doubt he is NFL good. And you are full of shit... he has never been arrested. He may have received a misdemeanor ticket for MIP but it certainly doesn't equate to an arrest, dumbass.

Oh yea, I forgot. You haven't had any success in football since you were in pee wee league. And being a homer fan of UT... this is certainly much worse than breaking into someone's apartment or smoking a little dope here and there.

Your homerism for UT only pales in comparison to your "The Ticket Host" wannabe persona. You don't know shit about anything but what you read in the papers and you think that makes you some fucking expert. Guess what, everybody else reads the same shit.

And yea, I've known JD for about 12 years. So I know a little something that is going on.

#35 ·
01WhiteCobra said:
So, what you are saying is he is acting like any other 19 year old? If we counted up all the cars and "donations" NCAA football players make you would have more the the GDP of most third world countries. Oh fucking hell, HE DRINKS BEER! SHIT! CALL FUCKING CNN!

JD Quinn is good but I doubt he is NFL good. And you are full of shit... he has never been arrested. He may have received a misdemeanor ticket for MIP but it certainly doesn't equate to an arrest, dumbass.

Oh yea, I forgot. You haven't had any success in football since you were in pee wee league. And being a homer fan of UT... this is certainly much worse than breaking into someone's apartment or smoking a little dope here and there.

Your homerism for UT only pales in comparison to your "The Ticket Host" wannabe persona. You don't know shit about anything but what you read in the papers and you think that makes you some fucking expert. Guess what, everybody else reads the same shit.

And yea, I've known JD for about 12 years. So I know a little something that is going on.

Weak......BOOOO!!!

#37 ·
01WhiteCobra said:

You sound like every other dumbass that gets caught and says "Well, everyone else is doing it."

He knew the rules, he broke them, and he got busted. Plain and simple.

Its not my fault if everyone else is either clean or is too smart to get around the people that are monitoring the teams. I just find it funny that these guys were stupid enough to get caught and then complain about it.

#38 ·
SVTVenom said:
You sound like every other dumbass that gets caught and says "Well, everyone else is doing it."

Its not my fault if everyone else is either clean or is too smart to get around the people that are monitoring the teams. I just find it funny that these guys were stupid enough to get caught and then complain about it.
what about benson, he got caught, or taylor, or williams?

#39 ·
Cartman said:
what about benson, he got caught, or taylor, or williams?
Benson spent time in jail, RT got kicked off the team for grades and then subsequently him having pot in his car, and Ricky never got busted for anything until he got to the NFL.

#40 ·
SVTVenom said:

He did break the rules dumbass. He did pay the ultimate price dumbass. He will have his restitution paid for this summer dumbass.

No you are just a dumbass wannabe DFWStang reporter that hasn't ever played under the umbrella of the NCAA so wouldn't know anything about it unless you read about it in the paper. Hell I doubt you even played under the UIL umbrella.

And yes, I think it is fucking stupid that other than the clergy or social work, is the only other industry that discourages financial gaina and reward. I also don't act suprised or morally superior when these things happen when dealing with college age kids.

Sure, if rules are in place then you should follow them. But it certainly isn't fair to lump a cheater and law breaker (failed drug test) with someone who didn't break any conceivable law. To put the Bomar/Quinn situation on par with the Miami situation or the USC situation (when Ting failed his steroid test) is stupid. Fact of the matter is not every scandal is on par and not every rule broken is a crime.

What I find total bullshit about the entire pay situation is the NCAA is basically saying, "Yes, we as the NCAA will make money off your name and likeness through TV and the BCS and anything else we can but dammit you cannot make money off your name."

It's also the partisan bullshit the NCAA doles out.

#41 ·
01WhiteCobra said:
He did break the rules dumbass. He did pay the ultimate price dumbass. He will have his restitution paid for this summer dumbass.

No you are just a dumbass wannabe DFWStang reporter that hasn't ever played under the umbrella of the NCAA so wouldn't know anything about it unless you read about it in the paper. Hell I doubt you even played under the UIL umbrella.

And yes, I think it is fucking stupid that other than the clergy or social work, is the only other industry that discourages financial gaina and reward. I also don't act suprised or morally superior when these things happen when dealing with college age kids.

Sure, if rules are in place then you should follow them. But it certainly isn't fair to lump a cheater and law breaker (failed drug test) with someone who didn't break any conceivable law. To put the Bomar/Quinn situation on par with the Miami situation or the USC situation (when Ting failed his steroid test) is stupid. Fact of the matter is not every scandal is on par and not every rule broken is a crime.

What I find total bullshit about the entire pay situation is the NCAA is basically saying, "Yes, we as the NCAA will make money off your name and likeness through TV and the BCS and anything else we can but dammit you cannot make money off your name."

ummmmm, so now people have had to play in college in order to talk about college football? Maybe i'm just reading your statement wrong, cause i bet 99.9% of the people in this forum haven't even suited up for a NCAA team.

#51 ·
01WhiteCobra said:

Where did I ever say it was on par with someone breaking the law? :confused:

I simply stated the fact that the guy is a freakin moron for saying he shouldn't have gotten punished for breaking rules he knew about before taking the money.

If you don't like the rules or can't abide by them, simply don't play. Simple solution to a simple problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.