DFW Mustang Forums banner

Turco arrested??????

410 views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  ma67cpe 
#1 ·
A coworker told me that he heard the turco got arrested in florida last night. But I cant find the story of course Im blocked from anything but yahoo :rolleyes: I figured if anybody could find it it would be the guys on dfwstangs :D

#3 ·
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Florida Panthers goalie Ed Belfour was arrested at a popular South Beach bar early Monday after a scuffle with a police officer.

Belfour and teammate Ville Peltonen were at the bar when security guards from the club asked police to make Belfour leave, police said.

The 41-year-old goaltender from Carman, Man., refused and walked towards the officer "in a fighting stance" and pushed him, a Miami Beach police report said.

Belfour pulled away from the officer trying to arrest him and grabbed his shirt. Belfour then fell forward on the ground, kicking and refusing to place his hands behind his back, the report said.

Belfour had slurred speech, blood shot eyes and smelled of alcohol, police said. He was charged with disorderly intoxication and resisting an officer without violence.

Peltonen, 33, was charged with criminal mischief after he broke a metal pole off a fire rescue truck parked in the area, a police report said.

Belfour is being held at Miami-Dade County Jail on $1,500 bond. Peltonen is being held on $500 bond.

While playing for the Dallas Stars in 2000, Belfour pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest following a scuffle with a security guard at an upscale hotel. He was sentenced to two years' probation and a $3,000 fine.

The Panthers, who missed the NHL playoffs, completed their schedule Saturday with a loss to the Hurricanes in Raleigh, N.C. Belfour did not play in the game.

#8 ·
97blkpny said:
I wonder if he offered the cops 100 million to let him go like he did here. I bet he is great to party with.
Can you imagine the parties he had with Dime Bag and the rest of Pantera back in the day? :eek:

#11 ·
ma67cpe said:
A stanley cup :p
You don't have to go that far . . . Playoff success is enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.