DFW Mustang Forums banner

Texas continuing its recruiting DOMINANCE

2K views 126 replies 29 participants last post by  HookEm 
#1 ·
Even with A&M and OU trying to get a leg up on Texas by holding their Junior days a full week earlier than Texas, they still couldn't stop the freight train that is the Texas Longhorns/Mack Brown recruiting machine.

Texas landed 9 commits today after holding their first Junior day, which include:

(Rankings from Rivals.com Lone-Star Recruiting 100 for 2008)

http://texas.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1688&Year=2008

#6 WR - Dan Buckner

#9 OL - Justin Snow

#10 DB - D.J. Monroe

#17 DB - Aaron Williams

#18 RB - Jeremy Hills

#55 RB - Ryan Roberson

#61 ATH - Brock Fitzhenry

#79 OL - Mark Buchanan

Not to mention the fact that they are heavily favored to land #1 OL -Stephen Good, #2 RB - Jermie Calhoun, and #8 DE - Chancey Aghayere.

Looks like Frantastic and Visor Boy need to head back to the drawing board.

See less See more
#52 ·
bert89coupe said:
maybe his grades hadn't come out yet for that six weeks?
You forget, Cartman is getting up there in age and that whole 6-weeks thing didn't exist back in his time. :p

#53 ·
Visor boy just landed Landry Jones ... yeah he needs to really go back to the drawing board

#54 ·
unkoricky said:
Visor boy just landed Landry Jones ... yeah he needs to really go back to the drawing board
Another stiff to compete with the likes of Halzle, Bradford, or Nichol after they bomb out this year.

#56 ·
SVTVenom said:
Another stiff to compete with the likes of Halzle, Bradford, or Nichol after they bomb out this year.
:p what happen to your post thinking Landry Jones was an Offensive Linemen :rolleyes:

You deleted that post real quick ..

Texas sure is continuing their recruiting DOMINANCE :rolleyes:

#58 ·
#60 ·
unkoricky said:
:p what happen to your post thinking Landry Jones was an Offensive Linemen :rolleyes:

You deleted that post real quick ..

Texas sure is continuing their recruiting DOMINANCE :rolleyes:
I was thinking about another player that OU was looking at with the same last name who is an offensive lineman.

Texas is DOMINATING OU and everyone else in the Big XII for the '08 class. OU now is up to 7 commits while Texas is already at 17 commits and looking to close their class out here in about the next 1-2 months while Visor Boy tries to convince recruits they aren't going to get hit by the NCAA here in a few weeks.

#61 ·
SVTVenom said:
I was thinking about another player that OU was looking at with the same last name who is an offensive lineman.

Texas is DOMINATING OU and everyone else in the Big XII for the '08 class. OU now is up to 7 commits while Texas is already at 17 commits and looking to close their class out here in about the next 1-2 months while Visor Boy tries to convince recruits they aren't going to get hit by the NCAA here in a few weeks.
are we talkin about quanity or quality, cause OU has how many Top 10 from Texas + one of the best QB Prospects next year from NM.

#62 ·
unkoricky said:
are we talkin about quanity or quality, cause OU has how many Top 10 from Texas + one of the best QB Prospects next year from NM.
We are talking about both. You can go ahead and add another one onto Texas' list which now stands at 18.

Also, those rankings will change several times over the course of the year so depending on how those guys do this season, they may or may not even be in the Top-10. Either way, Texas is already close to closing out their class while OU is still scrounging around for whats left over.

#63 ·
LMFAO @ the absolute MELTDOWN occuring in College Station. 'Ole Francakes has had 5 recruits de-commit just in this month alone.

The 'Wreck-ed Crew' continues its legacy.

#64 ·
Make it 19 commits as 'ole Mack stole one way from Francakes this past weekend.

LB - Dravannti Johnson, currently #20 on the LSR Top-100.

Thats now 7 out of the Top-20 players in Texas with Texas also in the lead for the services of both Chancey Aghayere and DeSean Hales.

Also watch for 2 more signings here pretty soon in LB's Lynn Katoa and John Major.

I think Texas rounds the class out with Aghayere, Hales, Katoa, and Major. Maybe throw another surprise guy in there if Mack feels like it, but I doubt they go over 23 commits for this year.

#65 ·
SVTVenom said:
Damn that Sam Bradford for bombin out this season... he just set an NCAA record for Most TDs thrown by a Freshmen & won the big 12 championship :D

Oh btw Venom aka "im offline but still surf this board..."

OU is #7 in recuriting right now... Visor Boy needs to really step his recruiting game up... Oh and the best WR name Julio Jones is visiting this weekend along wit his buddy..The #3 ATHLETE in the Nation.. ;)

SVTVenom said:
Texas is already close to closing out their class while OU is still scrounging around for whats left over.
:rolleyes:

#69 ·
RPM said:
i guess we know where noel devine went after the fiesta :(
yes.... WVU...

aka OU gets killed by anoter midget :(

Sproles and Now Devine

Whoops we are at #5 in recruiting now after we signed a 4 star juco yesterday...

#71 ·
WhoaTX5.0 said:
Isnt oklahoma still in the runing for julio jones? That will improve there rankings more if they get him

But texas is still in the lead for the #1 RB in the country- Same have him #1 and some have him # 2
darrell scott(between Texas & colorado)

yep, this past tuesday Major and Mack went to visit Scott. Signing day ought to be interesting at least.

i bet Jones ends up at Alabama, i can't see Saben letting this kid out of the state.

hey ou guys, how many OLinemen do y'all have coming back next year?

#72 · (Edited)
silvero3cobra said:
yep, this past tuesday Major and Mack went to visit Scott. Signing day ought to be interesting at least.

i bet Jones ends up at Alabama, i can't see Saben letting this kid out of the state.

I hope texas gets darrell scott. I think that would be huge!
He could come in right away as a freshmen and start/play and make an impact.

From the footage of julio jones, thats a pretty talented guy, but I still like the group of wrs texas has coming in, with grant and buckner and the others.

#73 ·
WhoaTX5.0 said:
I hope texas gets darrell scott. I think that would be huge!
He could come in right away as a freshmen and start/play and make an impact.

From the footage of julio jones, thats a prett talented guy, but I still like the group of wrs texas has coming in, with grant and buckner and the others.

yeah, buckner should be the next big bodied go to guy for Texas like Roy and Limus. Grant's not to shabby either.

#74 ·
silvero3cobra said:

I think its 50/50 on Scott going to Texas and the same for OU with Julio..
Dunno how CU is doing so well in recruiting this year, if i were Scott i'd choose Texas...

Fumble boy is gone and that Rb position is wide open.

#75 · (Edited)
unkoricky said:
I think its 50/50 on Scott going to Texas and the same for OU with Julio..
Dunno how CU is doing so well in recruiting this year, if i were Scott i'd choose Texas...

Fumble boy is gone and that Rb position is wide open.

Word is that scott is leaning towards texas. I saw that he said if Jamal Charles left for the NFL that it would be huge on him going to Texas. Said that he wanted to start or play as a freshman and create chaos...It was something to that affect.
Yeah fumble by is gone.
But if it wasnt for him, Texas more than likely would have had more than 3 losses. But if it also wasnt for him, we probably would've beat OU!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.