DFW Mustang Forums banner

Mikey burnet first anual submission tournament

467 views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  onemeangixxer7502 
#1 ·
Saturday weigh ins @ 830 starts @ 930 in tulsa,ok.Hopefully I can come home w/ a win.even though i had to fucking drain my bastard ear today.headgear ftw

See less See more
#5 ·
i drained about another 1.5 cc's.....welp here i go!@!!@ill try to take some pics

#6 ·
mother fucker,I had some dude and i wentinto a clench and went for a drop single and had myfucking head on the outside.Got caught in a freaking guiliotine....
daaaaaamniiiit

#8 ·
Wario said:
That sucks man. Was it single elimination?

BTW If your ever in Dallas hit me up, your welcome to come workout.
fuck ya,and i mean no disrespect to the guy i was up against but i should have rrolled him w/ ease.Any other tournaments in dallas here soon.Id still fall under the novice/beginer but im not all that bad.I just figured i could catch him w/ a drop single and hung my neck out like a noob

#11 ·
Juiced89lx said:
was One Man Army there? (Beau)

Did you happen to get any video?
im not sure if "beau" was there or not.I do have some video ill be posting up shortly.It was kind of weird after the fact they said they didnt have enough spread out over the experience levels so they mixed people w/ over 2 years experience w/ people who had under 2 years.My buddy layne was doing pretty good and the 3rd match he had he got caught in a flying armbar.The guy who did it submitted the guy before w/ the same thing

#12 ·
onemeangixxer7502 said:
mother fucker,I had some dude and i wentinto a clench and went for a drop single and had myfucking head on the outside.Got caught in a freaking guiliotine....
daaaaaamniiiit
Did he get just your head or did he get your arm in there too? Was he able to pull full guard for the choke? How did you try to defend once you were caught? I'm just curious.

#13 ·
PWTRTXSS said:
Did he get just your head or did he get your arm in there too? Was he able to pull full guard for the choke? How did you try to defend once you were caught? I'm just curious.
fyi that beau guy was there,well to tell u the truth id have ot look at the video to remember if my arm was in.i shot for the single and he caught my neck.I got the two for the take down once i hit the ground i was in his half gaurd and i imediatly passsed to go to side control to try to spin around trying to pull my head out.BUUUUT some how i got sweept and kept shrimpin in a circle and trying to keep him from locking in some sort of gaurd.Finally he kind of tweaked my neck around and i couldnt snake my hands through to get ahold of anything.THe choke lasted a good 15-20 seconds because some of the time i was able to get some sort of air then i just gave up

#15 ·
StangTamer said:
That blows man. In the finals of my first tourny I got caught by the same thing while going for the take down. It's one of those subs that pisses you off when you get caught in one.lol It's effective as hell though.
yah i was pissed as shit. Especially when i think im better than that.I hardly ever get caught in chokes oh well i guess next time i wont hang my neck out therwith a sign on it that says "choke me"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.