DFW Mustang Forums banner

vista questions after purchase

424 views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Tx Redneck 
#1 ·
who has used it? have you used 32bit or 64bit? why doesnt a pci port work?

can i use xp64 drivers for vista and make my stuff work?

o and btw the printer drivers work awsome. but the nvidia stuff sucks

#2 ·
franks said:
who has used it? have you used 32bit or 64bit? why doesnt a pci port work?

can i use xp64 drivers for vista and make my stuff work?

o and btw the printer drivers work awsome. but the nvidia stuff sucks
Have you checked the Manufacturer's site for Vista Drivers? There are ALOT of companies who haven't updated yet.

#3 ·
RedHornet said:
Have you checked the Manufacturer's site for Vista Drivers? There are ALOT of companies who haven't updated yet.
i did check nvidia and asus and found no vista stuff, although it works(kinda) in the device manager there are several things that are unknown that i have no clue what they would be,

i cant get my audio to work at all with any driver. luckly i didnt reload my old hd.

if i had another hd i would load it with the 32bit version to see what happens :cool:

and i cant update since i cant get the pci card to work to run my internet. :mad:

#4 ·
XP's 64bit version was horrible for drivers, and Vista's 64bit version is no better. It's a night and day difference between Vista's 32 and 64bit copies. I'm on a 64bit proc, but run the 32bit version simply because I'm not willing to deal with the bullshit.

#5 ·
I have been running vista RC1 since december. The 64 bit version and the only problem I've had with a driver or hardware compatibility has been a modem. I'm running an ASUS M2N-E board, AMD 64 bit dual core processor, 256 MB graphics card and 2 gigs of ram. All of the drivers worked perfectly from my memory to my video card. I've yet to install an aftermarket driver for anything I've attached to my computer

#6 ·
32 bit here. Nero doesn't work, even the latest build. Adobe reader doesn't work and Lexmark doesn't have drivers. So other than losing my network printer/scanner, not being able to view pdf files and not having the ability to burn CDs it's great so far!

#7 ·
BP said:
32 bit here. Nero doesn't work, even the latest build. Adobe reader doesn't work and Lexmark doesn't have drivers. So other than losing my network printer/scanner, not being able to view pdf files and not having the ability to burn CDs it's great so far!
You can burn CD's with a lot of other programs. I had not trouble using media player 11 to burn music, and just a drag and drop for data disks. Strange that Adobe didn't work. It worked just fine for me in RC1

#8 ·
black2002ls said:
You can burn CD's with a lot of other programs. I had not trouble using media player 11 to burn music, and just a drag and drop for data disks. Strange that Adobe didn't work. It worked just fine for me in RC1
Itunes also tries to reinstall everytime you shut it down.

#10 ·
it is quite amazing the issues that I am seeing that I did not have any trouble with with RC1. I was also running itunes, with no issues.

#11 ·
BP said:

The latest Nero (I believe 7.4.5.0, or there-abouts) works fine under Vista, except for image mounting (I prefer Virtual CloneDrive anyway). I'm using version 7 of Adobe Acrobat, and have no issues with it, either.

#13 ·
I liked it a lot. much faster and seemed more user friendly than XP. However, since it doesn't like my new modem, I am in Linux. I need to reinstall XP as there are some things that I need to do in windows

#15 ·
I did a clean install of the 64 bit version last night and the only problem I had was finding sound card drivers. Everything else works perfectly and it runs slightly faster than the upgraded 32 bit version I had some many problems with.

#17 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.