DFW Mustang Forums banner

Whats the best pre-workout supplement

717 views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  nicotino15 
#1 ·
Whats yalls opinions on the best pre-workout supplement. I want something to give me a lot of energy so i can work out for hours.

#2 ·
Before working out get some protein and carbs but in "snack portion" not meal portion.

Maybe a protein shake and some oatmeal.

It takes awhile for protein to breakdown and be ready for use so taking in some protein before you workout will allow your body to utilize the pre-workout protein.

Oatmeal is awesome for energy during workouts. Cut it with some berries and or other fruit.

Basically you want 200 or so calories in a 25% protein, 60% carbs, 15% fat mix up.

Based on 200 calories:

~ 12 grams of protein
~ 30 grams of carbs
~ 3 grams of fat

I typically have 8 ozs of skim milk, small bowl of oatmeal and some Fish Oil tabs 30 minutes before working out.

After working out I'll mix 16 ounces of skim milk with 6 teaspoons of sugar and 5MG of glucosamine and some aminos.

#4 ·
I'll have half a Detour Oatmeal bar before and half a Clif or Powerbar after with a protein and glutamine shake. Bar form is easy for me, but you can do what you want. They key is low-glycemic before, higher glycemic after. Keep the snacks around 200 calories, low fat, and anywhere from a 4:1 to 2:1 carb to protein ratio.

#10 ·
If your working out for hours that is a big waste of time. Anything past 45 minutes to 1.25 hour(s) has depleted all your natural testosterone and you are actually doing worse for your body than good. If you want something to make you feel like a damn animal, take NoXplode or HD-17. The NoXplode made me sick for the first week because I was not used to the caffeine, but now it's great. The HD-17 had awesome affects and helped me put on some serious muscle. I only took HD-17 for 1 month and put on 2 lbs compared to my average and put on 10lbs to my max bench press. Everyone is different though.

#13 ·
poopnut2 said:
For the most part, people who claim to work out for multiple hours a day, are the same people who take 5 minutes rests between sets. A good workout can be had within an hour if you plan it out and keep the rests to a minimum.
Depends on what you are doing. Not all workouts are "weights".

Me running for 2-3 hours or biking for 4-5 hours or swimming for 2 hours isn't uncommon (one set). Matter a fact, if I spend less than an hour it is because I'm injured.

As far as the lol, I'm trying to place testosterone in the whole energy cycle and I... just... can't... find... it.

As far as the weights, weight training isn't my main focus and I do a full body workout 2x a week. 3 sets with reps depending on which phase I am in (prep, base, build, race) ranging from 5-6 to 15-25. 3 sets with a minute rest inbetween leaves me right at 75 minutes.

Again, the laughter was more about your test getting used up by working out more than 45 minutes.

#14 ·
I put in 2 hours at the least in the gym on two muscles.
I always make good gains so i think the anything past 1.5 hrs saying or the no more than 3 different exercises per muscle is bullshit.

Oh, and im still liking Animal Pump for the best pre workout supp. No Explode was a good one for me also.

#17 ·
94black5.0 said:
were can you find animal pump? and has anyone tried full blown?
You live by my son's old babysitter. I would drive down your street on my way to pick up my son after work just to check out your car. I love 03/04 Cobra's and that color. Ok, so not to jack this thread, I'm pretty sure you can get Animal Pump at GNC or from www.bodybuilding.com.

#20 ·
My pre-workout meal consists of a protein shake with 1/2 cup Fiber One in it (ground up in a coffee bean grinder) and three Redline caps. Dude the redline caps get me wired, mucho energy.

I'd recommend trying one of the drinks before buying the caps, especially if you are sensitive to caffeine. You can get them at most convenience stores.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/vpx/redcaps.html

#22 ·
bigbirdbryan21 said:
NO-EXPLODE it works great!!!
i agree with this, either that or creatine will be the best motivational tool you can use, it will make you physically get results very quickly even if its only temporary it will easily become permanent just by motivating you to workout even harder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.