what do you think about this? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
Moved to dfw mustangs.net

what do you think about this?

Quote:
New York Times Magazine of Sunday, March 9.2003
it is reported that Mel Gibson is making a film of the last 6 hours of the life of Jesus Christ in which he purports to tell the "truth", namely that the Jews are responsible for his death! This canard has been discredited by all people of good will including the Pope.
Yet Gibson, who is a member of an extreme Catholic sect called "Holy Family" which has distanced itself from the main body of Catholicism and is not affiliated with the Roman Catholic Diocese is using his money and his high profile to finance and film this retrogressive and defamatory story.
Gibson, whose father, Hutton Gibson is a notorious Holocaust denier and who claims the World Trade Center was destroyed by remote control and not by alQueda; that the Second Vatican Council was a Masonic plot backed by the Jews and that all popes going back to John XXIII have been illegitimate "anti-popes."
and a link regarding this:

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/news/030...<br /> <br />

oh, and please no jewish flames, they get old quick..

Last edited by lowthreeohz; 03-19-2003 at 08:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 08:41 AM
Boost is Good

No Jewish flames here The Jews are our neighbors and I will speak highly of them. Jesus was a Jew too you know The majority of Jews are still waiting for something that has already come that they have missed, but acording to Revelations, God still has plans for the Jews in endtimes. So only He can open there eyes.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 09:01 AM
Time Served

not flaming the jewish community...

Mat 27:12 And when he was accused of the chief priests and elders, he answered nothing.
Mat 27:13 Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not how many things they witness against thee?
Mat 27:14 And he answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly.
Mat 27:15 Now at that feast the governor was wont to release unto the people a prisoner, whom they would.
Mat 27:16 And they had then a notable prisoner, called Barabbas.
Mat 27:17 Therefore when they were gathered together, Pilate said unto them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or Jesus which is called Christ?
Mat 27:18 For he knew that for envy they had delivered him.
Mat 27:19 When he was set down on the judgment seat, his wife sent unto him, saying, Have thou nothing to do with that just man: for I have suffered many things this day in a dream because of him.
Mat 27:20 But the chief priests and elders persuaded the multitude that they should ask Barabbas, and destroy Jesus.

The jews were responsible for His death, as prophecied in the old testament and fulfilled in the new. As to the movie's portrayal/interpretation of these events I cannot speak. I do however feel a movie about Christ should emphasize His love rather than the evils of this world. (I also fully agree with 281R's statement in that I will only speak highly of them)

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 09:14 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Read Matthew 27. The film will put the blame for the death of Christ where it belongs -- which some believe means the Jewish chief priests and elders who were over his trial and delivered him to the Romans to be crucified.

Mel Gibson was asked whether his movie might upset Jews.
Quote:
"It may," he said. "It's not meant to. I think it's meant to just tell the truth. I want to be as truthful as possible. But when you look at the reasons why Christ came, why he was crucified -- he died for all mankind and he suffered for all mankind. So that, really, anyone who transgresses has to look at their own part or look at their own culpability."
The rest of the quotes in the article are selective, lopsided, and the tone suggests without evidence that the opinions of Hutton are those of Mel. Hutton Gibson, is a crackpot but you cant say from his quotes, that Mel Gibson shares any or all of his father's more controversial beliefs.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

...all of your opinions i respectfully take. I just wondered what your take was on this, obviously the people that i get it from (people from my temple) are a bit more biased than I, so why not get both sides right? keep the comments coming, i suppose...
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 09:32 AM
98 SVT Cobra

I would like to know how you feel about this and what others are saying in your temple.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

if you would like the honest truth - i dont go to temple anymore. I got this through an email list. I'm really not sure where i stand on all of this, and it would be immature of me to form an opinion without understanding it all fully. I've heard stories of the Romans being the ones who turned Christ over to be killed, and again how it was Christ who said to save 2 other lives and let his be taken...

I am really not sure about my stance on this, hence posting it to get some responses..but i know that this isn't going to do anything to help rid our world of anti-semitism...i just get sick and fucking tired of people blaming the jews for everything, and seriously, we've been blamed for a lot.

scapegoats
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 12:23 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by lowthreeohz
if you would like the honest truth - i dont go to temple anymore. I got this through an email list. I'm really not sure where i stand on all of this, and it would be immature of me to form an opinion without understanding it all fully. I've heard stories of the Romans being the ones who turned Christ over to be killed, and again how it was Christ who said to save 2 other lives and let his be taken...

I am really not sure about my stance on this, hence posting it to get some responses..but i know that this isn't going to do anything to help rid our world of anti-semitism...i just get sick and fucking tired of people blaming the jews for everything, and seriously, we've been blamed for a lot.

scapegoats
According to the scriptures that we have, Jesus said nothing during the trial process. So I would disagree with Him saying save two lives over His. But I do believe that the Romans had alot to do with His death along with Israel. Both Pilate and Herod could have easily let Him go but they were playing a political game and wanted to do what the people wanted. I would find that both the Romans and the Jews of that time were the ones at fault for His death.
This is not to say that we can sit here and blame the Jewish people of today for what was done 2,000 years ago. I dont blame you or any other person of your nationality. It is the same as blaming the white people of today for slavery that ended 150 years ago. It is crazy, I had nothing to do with slavery just like you had nothing to do with the death of Christ.

God gave Abraham a covenant and I believe that covenant is still in effect today.
Quote:
Gen 12:2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
Gen 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
I have alway thought highly of the Jewish people and their nation. What has happened and still happens today to Israel and her people is sad and I believe one day God will make the nations that curse Israel pay for their actions. That is why I am glad America is allies with them.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Just to clarify - Judaism is my religion, I'm an American
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 02:05 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by lowthreeohz
Just to clarify - Judaism is my religion, I'm an American
Sorry, is one of your parents Jewish? It isn't everyday that an American chooses Judaism.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2003, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

yea, my mom is...she kinda pushed me into doing the whole barmitzvah thing and all that when i was younger, but now i dont go to temple or anything, like i said before i dont like organized religion..but i was just being a smartass above, nothing serious
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-20-2003, 03:44 PM
Lifer

God killed Jesus! It's true!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-20-2003, 11:41 PM
TWIN SPINNER

Eloi, Eloi, Lama Sabachthani

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-21-2003, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

.....shalom....
Sponsored Links