An email from Ken Ham - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-27-2003, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

An email from Ken Ham

Dear AiG supporter,

Incredibly, a professor from the University of Texas (Dallas) recently instructed on-line students (on his university’s Web site) with this:

'Never cite a religious science source such as ICR, Answers in Genesis, or anything else like that ... if the thesis of your paper is anti-evolutionary (akin to arguing against the germ theory of disease or against the atomic theory of matter) you will receive a failing grade.'

A professor at Texas Tech University has written some alarming anti-creationist comments about letters of recommendation, which are required for students to enter medical school. It also shows the degree of anti-Christian bias which now pervades the secular education system:

'[Someone who denies evolution] has committed malpractice regarding the method of science … how can someone who denies the theory of evolution—the very pinnacle of modern biological science—ask to be recommended into a scientific profession by a professional scientist?'

He and his university are now being questioned by the Justice Department on the grounds of religious discrimination.

I believe this anti-Christian bigotry is really just the tip of the iceberg. Across the US, many students have told me of similar things being said by their professors. And some have been denied their degrees because they were discovered to be creationists.

I believe as America continues to lose the foundation of the authority of the Word of God, the increasingly secular worldview will produce an increasingly blatant anti-Christian philosophy. The humanists know that one of the major threats to their agenda is the creation movement as it proclaims the truth of the historical record of the Word of God.

The real battle for the minds and souls of people is at the foundational level of the authority of the Word of God versus the theories and opinions of man—in essence, the creation/evolution issue.

Answers in Genesis is not only equipping the church to fight the battle, it is also challenging the world’s system—a massive spiritual battle.

Your gift of any amount this month will be prayerfully applied, trusting that it will be mightily used by God to change society.

As things heat up, please help uphold the authority of God’s Word, answer the skeptics of the age, and proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ so people will listen, understand, and respond.

Sincerely,

Ken Ham
President

Stand by or fight while Obama wages his war against capitalism...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 08:32 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by 281R
Your gift of any amount this month will be prayerfully applied, trusting that it will be mightily used by God to change society.
Is Ken Ham telling us he is inspired by God?
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 09:59 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by 46Tbird
Well, God is our inspiration and He does inspire us. So I guess the answer to your question would be yes.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 10:55 AM
Lifer

Smile

Was Jim Bakker inspired by God?
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 11:26 AM
98 SVT Cobra

At one time I believe that he was, but later on in his ministry, he became inspired by the all mighty dollar.

But I see where you are going with this. Just because someone asks for money does not mean that that is what drives them. Money can be a powerful tool if used for the right purposes.

Everyone gives money in support for things they believe in whether it be aids research, cancer research, farm aid, and even religious organizations. The money must come from somewhere.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 12:14 PM
Lifer

Oh, I agree. I gave a to let you know I mean it in jest.

But take another look at that quote I used. That is awfully strong language there.. he is not God, but says the money will be used "by God".. for Ken Ham's purpose. hmmmm..........

It's that kind of language I hate to see. Who is he to say he knows how God wants that money to be used? Why wouldn't he just come out and say he needs money to get the word out about his agenda? (not a negative term here) When I see ideas presented this way ("God needs money" instead of "my cause needs money"), I go into shutdown mode and automatically assume the money is going to be used for selfish reasons. But hey.. that's just me.

And BTW, Medicine is a scientific field, so it should go that theses should be written based on scientific data. There is a place for faith and the Written Word, but I don't see it in a scientific field.

PS for you Christians...

I recently read a book called God the Evidence: The Reconciliation of Faith and Reason in a Postsecular World. If you read the details, it talks about how he has come to his conclusions, but ulitmately the author talked about Jesus, and how the only societies that can exist are those based on "real" Christian fundamentals (as expressed in the Written Word.. not as expressed in modern church culture). It also told that all major divisions of religion have essentially similar core values and ideas, and this is evidence that God has sent us all the same basic message. This is very much in line with my way of thinking and it has sparked something in me. I'll be taking some time to read the Bible - for myself - and see if I can learn anything from it. I sure hope so.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 04:01 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Thumbs up

I haven't read it but I have heard of the book, Danny. I heard that it was pretty good. I may need to pick it up and see for myself. I am glad to see that it sparked alittle interest in you.

By the way, are you going to make it to the cruise on Sunday? I would like to meet you.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 04:23 PM
Lifer

I'm gonna try to make it.

I'll bring the book with me.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 06:30 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Thumbs up

Quote:
I'm gonna try to make it.

I'll bring the book with me.
No need, the family and I went to the mall and I picked it up myself. I am going to start reading it, looks interesting.

Hope to see you Sunday. PM me and let me know for sure whether you can make it or not. I will just be driving down, I cant stay for the racing. But I would still like to hook up.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-01-2003, 03:55 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Quote:
Well damn! You got to it before I did

Quote:
It also told that all major divisions of religion have essentially similar core values and ideas, and this is evidence that God has sent us all the same basic message.
Exactly what I've been saying. May just have to check that book out myself.

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-01-2003, 11:21 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkWolf
Exactly what I've been saying. May just have to check that book out myself.
I thought of you immediately when I read that quote Jay.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-02-2003, 01:55 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog
I thought of you immediately when I read that quote Jay.

Naw ... needs to be bigger ...

DarkWolf
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-02-2003, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

lol, but he is missing part of his smile Jay

Stand by or fight while Obama wages his war against capitalism...
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2003, 03:12 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Originally posted by 281R
lol, but he is missing part of his smile Jay
It's a swanky smirk He thought he'd change it up a bit.

DarkWolf
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2003, 10:57 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Hope to see you Sunday. PM me and let me know for sure whether you can make it or not. I will just be driving down, I cant stay for the racing. But I would still like to hook up.
I didn't get this before Sunday, but I was out there with the book!

I'm the guy with the blue Nike hat and brown flannel. Did you see me there?
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2003, 12:36 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
I didn't get this before Sunday, but I was out there with the book!

I'm the guy with the blue Nike hat and brown flannel. Did you see me there?
Talking to, looks like, Duff and Chris? I made it as far as Mariana's, then I had to get the family back home, so we were not at the track. So, to tell you the truth, I cant be sure that I saw you at all. Sorry I missed you though, we will have to try to plan something sometime though.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2003, 08:05 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Talking to, looks like, Duff and Chris? I made it as far as Mariana's
Yeah I'm talking to Duff there and Chris' ghost white hand is there in front of me.

You didn't see me at all then because I didn't make the cruise, just the track.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2003, 02:12 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Yeah I'm talking to Duff there and Chris' ghost white hand is there in front of me.

You didn't see me at all then because I didn't make the cruise, just the track.
LOL @ Chris's hand. He's a redneck, what do you expect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement