Got hit up by Jehovah Witness this morning - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

Got hit up by Jehovah Witness this morning

They handed me some pamplet about numbers having hidden meaning and a bunch of other weird stuff.

Stand by or fight while Obama wages his war against capitalism...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 12:26 PM
Lifer

Yeah, my aunt is one of them.

I went with her once to the Kingdom Hall and she pointed out a doctor. She told me, "He's one of the 166,000." Meaning, he's one of the chosen 166,000 souls that gets into heaven. She didn't even believe she gets to go to heaven! Did I mention the doctor's Porsche had a plate that said CHOSEN on it?

What a crock of [email protected]#$. This one experience showed me that people will believe anything you tell them.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2003, 07:54 PM
98 SVT Cobra

A good friend of mine is a "Witness". We have conversations every once in awhile and they sure do have some strange ways of twisting scripture around to suit what they believe.

The 144,000 the get to go to Heaven is a crock. After Armagedon, during the New Millinium and Eternity, we will all be living here on Earth, not in Heaven. All you have to do is read the last couple of chapters in Revelation and it will tell you where people will be living. The 144,000 refer to the faithful Jews that are sealed by God, He doesn't care what they do for a living.

That guy has some pretty big balls to flaunt that he is one of the "chosen". Yes, I believe I am saved and chosen by God, but the last thing I want to do is throw it in someones face like I am better then they are.

Quote:
Pro 16:18 Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2003, 08:46 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog
The 144,000 the get to go to Heaven is a crock.
Oh. My bad. Hey, at least I can spell millennium.
Quote:
I believe I am saved and chosen by God, but the last thing I want to do is throw it in someones face like I am better then they are.
LOL
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2003, 11:09 AM
Geaux Saints!!

Well, can someone please explain why their Kingdom halls never have any windows in them??
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2003, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

Quote:
Originally posted by Kris
Well, can someone please explain why their Kingdom halls never have any windows in them??
I would like to know also

Stand by or fight while Obama wages his war against capitalism...
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2003, 09:37 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
I've often wondered that also.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2003, 12:06 AM
FORMER LS1 OWNER

I am too lazy to research, but what exactly do JW's believe in? Beliefs? Thoughts? Similarities/Differences to Traditional Christianity/Judaism/Islam?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2003, 06:53 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by Y2K_WS6_T/A
I am too lazy to research, but what exactly do JW's believe in? Beliefs? Thoughts? Similarities/Differences to Traditional Christianity/Judaism/Islam?
http://www.paulblizard.com/reasons.html

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 02:02 AM
None

Quote:
Ironically I had a conversation with a kid (who was a JW) in highschool about this.

Basically, there was a religous and a practical reason. The religous reason was that when the End of the World (Armageddon) comes, people would realize that the JW's were right and it would prevent the masses from storming and entereing the building. The practical was that they build the buildings in very short order, and it's much easier and cheaper to build a solid wall than a wall with several windows.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2003, 07:36 AM
Geaux Saints!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris98GT
Ironically I had a conversation with a kid (who was a JW) in highschool about this.

Basically, there was a religous and a practical reason. The religous reason was that when the End of the World (Armageddon) comes, people would realize that the JW's were right and it would prevent the masses from storming and entereing the building. The practical was that they build the buildings in very short order, and it's much easier and cheaper to build a solid wall than a wall with several windows.
Thanks for the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement