What do you think what hell is like? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-16-2002, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

What do you think what hell is like?

Just wanting to know ya'll guys opinions of what you think hell is like and what you think will happen to those that go there?

I am sure glad I dont have to worry about going there.

PS: Here is a get out of hell pass for anybody. It will work for anyone who believes in what it says.

Stand by or fight while Obama wages his war against capitalism...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-16-2002, 02:28 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Isa 66:24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcasses of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Doesn't sound very pleasent.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-16-2002, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

I think of it as the most scary thing about it is that all good comes from God and hell being without God's presence will be darkness and goodness will not exist. The absence of God is what would scare me the most.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-16-2002, 04:07 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog
Isa 66:24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcasses of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.
Who wrote that? Someone who has been to Hell before? If not, then how do they know?

And exactly what part of your being is supposed to go to heaven / hell?? If it's your soul, then I wonder why some 'bad' souls are going to 'heaven' and some 'good' souls are going to 'hell'...

If the only deciding factor is whether you accept JC as savior in this life, then it doesn't really matter how much 'good' or 'evil' you've done as to where you go. If you are reincarnated (some Christians believe, others don't) then which lifetime is the one that counts?

And can you get kicked out of heaven for being bad? And can you get out of hell with good behavior?

Can you ever 'get used to' hell? Even when you are in terrible pain, you eventually get where you can live with it. I wonder if fire and brimstone and torture and screaming is the same way.

Some people live hell on earth. No one to love them, no one to hear their cries at night, nowhere to sleep. It hardly seems fair to send them to hell if everyone in their community is Muslim and they have rejected the Christian faith.

Or what if the Muslims are right and you are wrong and you are the one going to hell? That will suck for you won't it!?! And that's exactly what they believe. Somewhere out there is a website for Islam where someone is asking what souls like yours are going to be doing in 'hell'.

Hmmmm...

All points broken up for easy replying
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-16-2002, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

Quote:
Originally posted by 46Tbird
Who wrote that? Someone who has been to Hell before? If not, then how do they know?

And exactly what part of your being is supposed to go to heaven / hell?? If it's your soul, then I wonder why some 'bad' souls are going to 'heaven' and some 'good' souls are going to 'hell'...

If the only deciding factor is whether you accept JC as savior in this life, then it doesn't really matter how much 'good' or 'evil' you've done as to where you go. If you are reincarnated (some Christians believe, others don't) then which lifetime is the one that counts?

And can you get kicked out of heaven for being bad? And can you get out of hell with good behavior?

Can you ever 'get used to' hell? Even when you are in terrible pain, you eventually get where you can live with it. I wonder if fire and brimstone and torture and screaming is the same way.

Some people live hell on earth. No one to love them, no one to hear their cries at night, nowhere to sleep. It hardly seems fair to send them to hell if everyone in their community is Muslim and they have rejected the Christian faith.

Or what if the Muslims are right and you are wrong and you are the one going to hell? That will suck for you won't it!?! And that's exactly what they believe. Somewhere out there is a website for Islam where someone is asking what souls like yours are going to be doing in 'hell'.

Hmmmm...

All points broken up for easy replying
No need for easy replying b/c we have already anwsered your questions in the "Mustangs in 70's thread" and in other threads. Must we say more. Everyone is a bad person, if you are not? Then how are you so good? Just be glad God wants to save His bad and corrupt creation. Accept it or dont is your choice. Enough said.

Last edited by 281R; 12-16-2002 at 04:57 PM.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-16-2002, 06:36 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:

Well, I think that would be God talking here, and I think He would know all about Hell since He created it.

Quote:
Your spirit is what goes, while our flesh is mortal, our spirit is immortal and will live forever, either in Heaven or Hell.

I am glad that God does not define "good" and "bad" the same way you do.

Quote:
I have never met a Christian that believes in reincarnation. God says that it is appointed man to die once and then he is judged.

Quote:
There is no bad in Heaven and there is no good in Hell. And no, you can not get our of Hell on good behavior. There are no second chances after your die. God speaks of eternal life and eternal damnation. Last time I checked, eternal meant forever and ever.

Quote:
Would it really matter if you started to get used to it? Seperation from God is punishment enough even with out fire and brimstone.

Quote:

Hmmmm...

The Koran rejects the notion of redemption; salvation depends on a man's actions and attitudes. However, tauba or repentance, can quickly turn an evil man toward the virtue that will save him. So Islam does not hold out the possibility of salvation through the work of God but invites man to accept God's guidance.

On final day of reckoning every man will account for what he has done, and his eternal existence will be determined on that basis: "Every man's actions have we hung around his neck, and on the last day shall be laid before him a wide-open book" (17.13).

Muslims recognize that different individuals have been given different abilities and various degrees of insight into the truth. Each man will be judged according to his situation, and every man who lives according to the truth to the best of his abilities will achieve heaven. However, infidels who are presented with the truth of Islam and reject it will be given no mercy.

The Koran has vivid descriptions of both heaven and hell. Heaven is depicted in terms of worldly delights, and the torments of hell are shown in lurid detail. Muslims disagree as to whether those descriptions are to be taken literally or not.

So Danny, unless you are Muslim, you are going to Hell also.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-17-2002, 08:42 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Well, I think that would be God talking here, and I think He would know all about Hell since He created it.
I thought that was the word of an inspired man.

I seem to remember being told that the only words written directly by God were the Ten Commandments. It's all very confusing to me.
Quote:
I am glad that God does not define "good" and "bad" the same way you do.
I define 'bad' as 'bad' and 'good' as 'good'. What that means, is the priests that sexually assaulted young boys are 'bad', and I hope you agree with me in saying that they ARE NOT worthy of heaven. If a Christian walks into your home and slays your family, can we both agree that he does not get to go to heaven? Can you live eternity with that person's soul that caused you so much pain and grief? Isn't that hell for you? Hmmmm.... think about that.
Quote:
I have never met a Christian that believes in reincarnation. God says that it is appointed man to die once and then he is judged.

Click here...
http://www.near-death.com/origen.html
Quote:
Muslims recognize that different individuals have been given different abilities and various degrees of insight into the truth. Each man will be judged according to his situation, and every man who lives according to the truth to the best of his abilities will achieve heaven.
That sounds more like it! You're going to convert me to Islam!
Quote:
So Danny, unless you are Muslim, you are going to Hell also.
See, that's what's so funny to me... that people believe you have to 'belong' to a particular spiritual group to 'truly' appreciate God. There's a much bigger picture you miss when you feel this way. God made all existence for us to appreciate. I refuse to narrow my sights by following the words of another man to appreciate God and creation.

We still see it differently I guess.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-17-2002, 09:43 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:

I seem to remember being told that the only words written directly by God were the Ten Commandments. It's all very confusing to me.
The Bible is the whole Word of God through inspired men. And if you want to get technical, there are plenty of quotes of God's spoken words, just like the TCs are transcribed from his writing. It's still all God's words.

Quote:

See, that's what's so funny to me... that people believe you have to 'belong' to a particular spiritual group to 'truly' appreciate God. There's a much bigger picture you miss when you feel this way. God made all existence for us to appreciate. I refuse to narrow my sights by following the words of another man to appreciate God and creation.

We still see it differently I guess.
Danny- You aren't following the words of man persay. You are following the Men who walked with Jesus and had relationships with God and Jesus.

This is why I quit debating lately. I have come to the conclusion that some people just can't accept the fact that God has ONE way of salvation. A belief in the Father,Son and Holy Ghost. That's it. I'm not gonna debate anymore about it. It's not closed minded either. True Christianity isn't a locked up closeminded frame of mind. It is very liberating. The only hard part is realizing that God is sovereign and if he says there's one way then by golly that's what it is. If you choose to believe that all paths lead to Heaven then "keep on truckin" there are too many things developing right now in the world that show me that the Bible and it's prophecies are correct.

So have fun.

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-17-2002, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

Quote:

I seem to remember being told that the only words written directly by God were the Ten Commandments.
This is correct in a literal since
Quote:

I define 'bad' as 'bad' and 'good' as 'good'. What that means, is the priests that sexually assaulted young boys are 'bad', and I hope you agree with me in saying that they ARE NOT worthy of heaven. If a Christian walks into your home and slays your family, can we both agree that he does not get to go to heaven? Can you live eternity with that person's soul that caused you so much pain and grief? Isn't that hell for you? Hmmmm.... think about that.

Now you are playing god judging by your own standard and not God's
Quote:

Click here...
[url]http://www.near-death.com/origen.html[/url

Now you are quoting misunderstood scripture. But you would never know b/c you have never studied it.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-17-2002, 10:32 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by 281R
Now you are playing god judging by your own standard and not God's
I don't play God. And... since I would consider spending eternity with someone who killed my family 'hell', then... yes, I am judging by my own standard. Don't kid yourself into thinking any differently... all experiences are about a state of mind. I bet going to the drag races is fun for you and miserable for your wife. So is there drag racing in heaven? It's a hypothetical question...
Quote:
Now you are quoting misunderstood scripture. But you would never know b/c you have never studied it.
I'm not quoting scripture at all. MoonDog had never heard of a Christian that believed in reincarnation, and that was the first link that appeared when I put 'Christian reincarnation' into Yahoo. I'm not saying I believe it...

JC, there are plenty of passages in the Quoran that allude to what is happening in the world now that make a Muslim man's faith stronger too. How I see it is that God created us all and wants us all to love and appreciate Him. So continue to do so (however you have been taught to) and I will do the same.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-17-2002, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

Quote:
[B]I don't play God.
you just did by judging others salvation on your own bias
Quote:
I'm not quoting scripture at all.
Well, the link points to scripture of the Bible that is misunderstood by a minority of people and they may be believers of Christ, but they are confused. Plus not everyone that claims to be a Christian is one.

Last edited by 281R; 12-17-2002 at 01:29 PM.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-17-2002, 02:06 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
If you tell me to post something on this board and I do it and tell everyone that you said it. Is it your words or are they mine? The Bible is the same thing, God told these men to write certain things down, so they did. It didn't at that time become the words of man, they were and still are the words of God.

Quote:

Like I said God sees 'good' and 'bad' differently then we do. God says that there is none that is good but One, Jesus Christ. And if it meant for me to spend eternity with someone that slayed my family, then I would. It is my wish that everyone would be saved and allow to enter into Gods presence. I dont hate the person, I hate the act.

The biggest thing they talk about here is John the Baptist and Elijah being one in the same. But guess what, if John and Elijah was the same person, my answer to that would be that Elijah never died the first time. God took him up into Heaven on a chariot of fire. Then if he did come back as John, he was beheaded by Herod and died for the first time. So I still say there is no reincarnation and stand by the scripture I stated before about men only dieing once and then they are judged.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-17-2002, 02:10 PM
Lifer

OK.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-17-2002, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

Quote:
OK.
lol Its ok man, I still like ya. Back on subject though, any body else, what do you think hell is like? Feel free to post scripture also.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-17-2002, 03:06 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
lol Its ok man, I still like ya. Back on subject though, any body else, what do you think hell is like? Feel free to post scripture also.
Got another.

Luk 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

Luk 16:23 And in hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Luk 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Luk 16:25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

Luk 16:26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-17-2002, 03:47 PM
Lifer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Luk 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
Just use this stuff. They must have some in hell - it sure tastes like hell anyway....
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-17-2002, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

lol
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 02:02 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

You guys ought to check out Memnoch The Devil, by Anne Rice. It's got a pretty interesting take on what Heaven and Hell are like ... and the roles God and the Devil play.

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 06:39 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkWolf
You guys ought to check out Memnoch The Devil, by Anne Rice. It's got a pretty interesting take on what Heaven and Hell are like ... and the roles God and the Devil play.
You want us to read one of the Vampire Chronicles? I'll pass.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 09:06 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
You want us to read one of the Vampire Chronicles? I'll pass.
K. You're loss.

But it is a good book, and it presents an interesting take on this particular subject, for anyone else who might be interested.

DarkWolf
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

Quote:
K. You're loss.

But it is a good book, and it presents an interesting take on this particular subject, for anyone else who might be interested.
k, but back on topic. What do you DW think hell is like?
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 09:22 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
k, but back on topic. What do you DW think hell is like?
I think it's the complete and utter abesense of God. You're reduced to that of a frightened child, and all of you're fears, regrets, and wrongs are magnified. And they relentlessly torment your soul. God is not there to comfort you, and guide you through, and that makes the agony that much more unbearable. In that way, Hell is different for everyone.

I don't think it's "fire and brimstone" ... because those are physical pains, and you can/will become accustomed to them. The emotional and spiritual pain however, is not so easily overcome, and your torment is that much greater in the absense of God.

Oh, and the book is on the subject, btw

DarkWolf
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

I know, just wanted to hear what u think or post a quote from the book if that is what u think

Last edited by 281R; 12-18-2002 at 11:05 AM.
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 12:12 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
I think it's the complete and utter abesense of God. You're reduced to that of a frightened child, and all of you're fears, regrets, and wrongs are magnified. And they relentlessly torment your soul. God is not there to comfort you, and guide you through, and that makes the agony that much more unbearable. In that way, Hell is different for everyone.

I don't think it's "fire and brimstone" ... because those are physical pains, and you can/will become accustomed to them. The emotional and spiritual pain however, is not so easily overcome, and your torment is that much greater in the absense of God.

Oh, and the book is on the subject, btw
I can agree with this to an extent. The absence of God, absolutely. The one thing I sorta disagree with is the "fire". I think that when the Bible speaks of fire and brimstone it is speaking in a spiritual sence. This is a spiritual fire that is burning, that is something that you will not be able to get used to and become accustomed to.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 06:46 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
I know, just wanted to hear what u think or post a quote from the book if that is what u think
Nah, the book actually plays off the question of "can you ever get out of Hell?" It presents a good mix of contemporary "fire and brimstone" with emotional and spiritual torment. I just think it's an interesting take on the subject

Quote:
I can agree with this to an extent. The absence of God, absolutely. The one thing I sorta disagree with is the "fire". I think that when the Bible speaks of fire and brimstone it is speaking in a spiritual sence. This is a spiritual fire that is burning, that is something that you will not be able to get used to and become accustomed to.
I can see that. Though then I'd have to say the "fire and brimstone" is allegorical for all your fears, regrets, and wrongs magnified to torment your soul.

DarkWolf
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-18-2002, 10:45 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Nah, the book actually plays off the question of "can you ever get out of Hell?" It presents a good mix of contemporary "fire and brimstone" with emotional and spiritual torment. I just think it's an interesting take on the subject

I can see that. Though then I'd have to say the "fire and brimstone" is allegorical for all your fears, regrets, and wrongs magnified to torment your soul.
Well, all I can say is that it is no place I want to go and I wished that no one would ever have to endure it, but I know that is not going to happen.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 12:11 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Well, all I can say is that it is no place I want to go and I wished that no one would ever have to endure it, but I know that is not going to happen.
Ditto that!

DarkWolf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement