Rapture, when? - DFWstangs Forums
View Poll Results: When will the rapture happen?
Pre-Tribulation 3 27.27%
Mid-Tribulation 1 9.09%
Pre-Wrath 1 9.09%
Post-Tribulation 3 27.27%
The rapture is man made, just like the bible. 3 27.27%
I have never heard of the rapture, what is it? 0 0%
Who cares, JC's car is slow anyway. 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-11-2002, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
98 SVT Cobra

Rapture, when?

There are several views as to when the rapture will happen. When do you think it will and what verses do you think there are that support you view?

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-11-2002, 04:58 PM
Lifer

LMAO! I see I'm not the only one.

So MoonDog, do you think you'll be one of the ones taken?
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-11-2002, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
98 SVT Cobra

I am waiting for the results to come in before I say what I think. I will just leave it at that for now.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!

Last edited by MoonDog; 11-11-2002 at 08:04 PM.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-11-2002, 07:23 PM
None

Rapture won't happen. It's a figment of an overactive imagination trying to grasp the concept of the end of time intertwined with the meaning of life.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-11-2002, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
98 SVT Cobra

Wow, so far the "no rapture" group is leading the polls.
Let me throw this into the mix for those who don't believe in a "rapture"

rapture

1. The state of being transported by a lofty emotion; ecstasy.
2. An expression of ecstatic feeling. Often used in the plural.
3. The transporting of a person from one place to another.

Source: The American HeritageŽ Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

1Co 15:52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, in the last trumpet, for it shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we--we shall be changed:

1Th 4:16-17 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

What would you say is the meaning of these verses?

Disclaimer:
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-11-2002, 09:03 PM
None

Well lets put it another way.

I believe that since I have accepted Christ as my saviour that I will go to heaven.

Rapture reads to me as God saying "I love all my children, but some more than others. I will summon those before the end of the world so they don't suffer. Of those left, you will suffer and then join us in Heaven."

Well that's bullcrap IMHO. Of the men that initially wrote the bible "inspired by God", they worked to define and explain the end of the world and existance in such a way as the followers of Christ would strive for perfection. What better way to encourage that stuggle than with fear. Not just any fear, but fear of painful suffering and agony by the hand of God.

As for now, I see Revelations and Rapture as a scary fairy tale on the same level as the boogyman and bed bugs.

watch the language

Last edited by Monsoon X; 11-21-2002 at 06:24 AM.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 06:53 AM Thread Starter
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris98GT
Well lets put it another way.

I believe that since I have accepted Christ as my saviour that I will go to heaven.

Rapture reads to me as God saying "I love all my children, but some more than others. I will summon those before the end of the world so they don't suffer. Of those left, you will suffer and then join us in Heaven."
Actually, that is not what the rapture is Chris. God will not take some believers and leave others. His intention is to take all the faithful believers and the non-believers/heathens will be left here. If God finds that you are one of the faithful then you will be taken also. It has nothing to do with who He loves more. It has to do with who loves Him at all.

So, are you saying that those verses were put there just to install fear in those that read it and really in no way should be considered part of the Word of God?

Disclaimer:
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 08:38 AM
Boost is Good

Through God all things are possible, so I believe there is no reason to rule it out. Chris, dont be caught off guard if it really happens.

Stand by or fight while Obama wages his war against capitalism...
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 08:40 AM
Boost is Good

man, I cant vote twice. I was also wanting to vote that JC's car is slow anyway! Oh well

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 09:32 AM
None

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog
So, are you saying that those verses were put there just to install fear in those that read it and really in no way should be considered part of the Word of God?
Yes.

And if rapture does happen, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to worry about any "I told you so's" either.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 11:33 AM
Lifer

Wink

Quote:
As for now, I see Revelations and Rapture as a scary fairy tale on the same level as the boogyman and bed bugs.
Except there really are bed bugs.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-12-2002, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
98 SVT Cobra

My view.

Mat 24:31 I believe is discribing the "rapture"
Rev 7:9 I believe is the church that was "raptured"

Disclaimer:
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-13-2002, 01:32 PM
Banned

For the longest time I was "sure" it was a Pre-trib rapture, but the older I get the less I know! I am not sure about this subject, but in the past year or two, I am leaning towards a mid-trib rapture. Scripture to show this may come later IF I have time to get arounf to it.

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-13-2002, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by speedpro50
For the longest time I was "sure" it was a Pre-trib rapture, but the older I get the less I know! I am not sure about this subject, but in the past year or two, I am leaning towards a mid-trib rapture. Scripture to show this may come later IF I have time to get arounf to it.

Lee,I used to be a bigtime pre-trib believer but there were things that I didn't think added up. But I read a book about 10 years ago called "The Pre-Wrath Rapture of the Church" and it was amazing who well things fell into place. By the chart that I posted above you can see that it is close to a mid-trib outlook. I think that in Matt. 24, Jesus tells us exactly what will happen before the rapture with the rapture happening in verses 30 and 31. I would encourage anyone to read the book. It is written by Marv Rosenthal a Jewish believer. I have a copy for anyone wanting to borrow it.

Disclaimer:

Last edited by MoonDog; 11-13-2002 at 01:50 PM.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-13-2002, 07:51 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Aye.

I remember reading somewhere when I was doing some studies on various religions, that the whole chapter of Revelations was a dream St. John had.

Just like the Quar'an came about because of a dream Mohammad had.

Hmmmmmm.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-13-2002, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkWolf
Aye.

I remember reading somewhere when I was doing some studies on various religions, that the whole chapter of Revelations was a dream St. John had.

Just like the Quar'an came about because of a dream Mohammad had.

Hmmmmmm.
Rev 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet.

There is a BIG difference between being "in the Spirit" and "dreaming".

Besides, this is a rapture thread, if you have no view on it then dont post.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-13-2002, 11:08 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Rev 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet.

There is a BIG difference between being "in the Spirit" and "dreaming".

Well, I'm sorry that religious historians feel that St. John saw these revelations in a dream. If you feel that revelations has nothing to do with rapture, that's you're perogative. However, I will continue to post here if I feel like providing my opinion. But thanks for the vote of confidence anyway.

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-13-2002, 11:49 PM
None

Quote:

When you post options of : "The rapture is man made, just like the bible." You invite dissenting opinions. If his support to that statement is that the book of rev has been proposed to be a dream, I think he's well within his rights to post that.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-14-2002, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
98 SVT Cobra

When you said you were studying "various religions" IMO you were not talking about christian historians, but were talking about people that have a bias toward Christianity. I welcome others opinions, just not sarcastic remarks like that one. And that is exactly what it was.

If someone is meditating/or whatever they do, and they astral project, are they dreaming? If you say yes, some would say you have no idea what you are talking about. If you say no, then why would John have to have been dreaming. The difference with John and others though is that others do it themselves, with John, God took him into Heaven.

To answer another question, Revelation does not have to do with the rapture. It has to do with endtime events, the end of the secular society, the new millinium, and eternity. The rapture is discribed in other areas of the bible. Some people believe all this takes place after the rapture.

Last edited by MoonDog; 11-14-2002 at 06:53 AM.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-16-2002, 11:33 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
When you said you were studying "various religions" IMO you were not talking about christian historians, but were talking about people that have a bias toward Christianity. I welcome others opinions, just not sarcastic remarks like that one. And that is exactly what it was.

If someone is meditating/or whatever they do, and they astral project, are they dreaming? If you say yes, some would say you have no idea what you are talking about. If you say no, then why would John have to have been dreaming. The difference with John and others though is that others do it themselves, with John, God took him into Heaven.

To answer another question, Revelation does not have to do with the rapture. It has to do with endtime events, the end of the secular society, the new millinium, and eternity. The rapture is discribed in other areas of the bible. Some people believe all this takes place after the rapture.
It was sarcastic because I have studied various religions, and on a number of times, both with Christians, and with non-Christians, Revelations is said/believed to have been a dream. When I conduct a study, I'm sure to be thorough, and look at it from all angles/sides/opinions/facts that I can get my hands on. I'm not going to study religions from a non-Christian bias and then base my opinions/beliefs on those findings. That would be akin to the blind leading the blind. It was also sarcastic, because I don't believe in an "end time" in the same sense as it's presented in revelations (and revelations is one of my favorite parts of the Bible ... odd). I've become a bit jaded the past few years with all this talk of "The end is near", and people so sure it's going to be in 1998 ... oh wait! No, I meant 2000! ... Oops... I mean 2005. Everyone running scared because "the signs of the apocolypse" are everywhere. Sometimes it takes a lot to restrain myself from laughing out loud at the rediculousness. If the end is near, so be it ... why worry about it? There's not a whole helluva lot you can do about it anyway.

Astral Projection and a dream are two entirely different things, I'm well aware. It's pretty clear the authors intent when it is written "The account of revelations was given to John in a dream".

As for rapture, I know that it's spoken of at other times, however, it is linked with revelations, because whether you believe it's before, during or after revelations, it's connected.

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkWolf
I've become a bit jaded the past few years with all this talk of "The end is near", and people so sure it's going to be in 1998 ... oh wait! No, I meant 2000! ... Oops... I mean 2005. Everyone running scared because "the signs of the apocolypse" are everywhere. Sometimes it takes a lot to restrain myself from laughing out loud at the rediculousness. If the end is near, so be it ... why worry about it? There's not a whole helluva lot you can do about it anyway.
A local priest and a pastor were fishing on the side of the road. They thoughtfully made a sign saying, "The End is Near! Turn yourself around now before it's too late!" and showed it to each passing car.

One driver who drove by didn't appreciate the sign and shouted at them, "Leave us alone, you religious nuts!"

All of a sudden they heard a big splash, looked at each other, and the priest said to the pastor, "You think maybe we should have just said "Bridge Out" instead?"

Quote:
It's pretty clear the authors intent when it is written "The account of revelations was given to John in a dream".
Where the heck is this written? Because my bible says that John was "in the Spirit on the Lords day". Doesn't sound like he was dreaming to me. More like prayer and meditation.

Quote:
As for rapture, I know that it's spoken of at other times, however, it is linked with revelations, because whether you believe it's before, during or after revelations, it's connected.
I am aware that it is somewhat connected. It just doesn't mention it. Somepeople think that the rapture is what triggers the events listed in Revelation. I personally dont beleive so. I think the "great multitude in Heaven" refered to in Rev 7:9 is just after the rapture.

Last edited by MoonDog; 11-18-2002 at 02:34 PM.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 06:55 PM
Thread Kill

God tells us we wont know when it's coming so I'm not going to bother trying to guess
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-18-2002, 07:01 PM
Boost is Good

Quote:
Originally posted by 99SVTour
God tells us we wont know when it's coming so I'm not going to bother trying to guess
Vote for JC's car is slow then,,, lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement