<<<paging Moondog>>> - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Banned

<<<paging Moondog>>>

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog
You really want to know who I think Jesus was? I will tell you what I believe.

Jesus was born to a virgin. He was fathered by the Holy Spirit. He was a man and Son of God.

Now, comes the tricky part. Was he God? I dont believe so. Jesus never once said he was God. Did God dwell within Him. Yes. I believe everything that God is and all His Glory was in Jesus. What we as christians have in the Holy Spirit is only a small fraction of what God is. Jesus had it all, everything that God is was in Jesus. God calls Jesus His Son, He doesn't call Him Himself. Jesus allowed God to speak through him.

Maybe that sounds alittle wacky, there is alot more to it but in a nutshell that is what I think. But, that wasn't what my previous post was about. It stated that through Jesus was the only way into Heaven. God said, that if you deny His Son then He will deny you.

Now don't start slamming me guys!
OK, brother. You got me to studying and seeking the truth in this matter. I have some more questions for you about this issue, because I feel as thouh it is essential to the Christian faith the Jesus Christ is God, as only God could provide eternal redemption for us, not with human blood but with God's Holy blood. Let me know how you respond to just a few verses below:

Matthew 1:20-23
But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
--You see, there has to be something different about Jesus or I could do nothing but pray and always walk in the fullness of God's Spirit and never sin. Then I could be killed for the sins of the world. It would be impossible, yet with God all things are possible.

Matthew 26:26-28
And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Matthew 26:63-64
But Jesus held his peace, And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God. Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Matthew 27:54
Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

Matthew 28:5-6
And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

Matthew 28:17-20
And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

You see, these are just a handful of sctiptures taken from Matthew that clearly point to Jesus being God. I can't see how anyone could read the gospels and say otherwise. Please fill me in and let me know what this says to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 10:08 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Guys we have to remember the Hiearchy of the trinity.

1) God
2) The Son
3) Holy Spirit

Try to understand one entity being split into three individuals but, still unified as one.

Jesus never called himself God
God never called himself Jesus
Holy spirit never said anything. LOL

But from careful reading and studying of the scriptures we come to conclusion that Jesus was more than a mere human.

good discussion!

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Some of you may be happy to know that I am revisiting this subject of Jesus and God. I had overlooked this passage. To me it seams that Jesus is making a claim to be God. The people that he was talking to knew what he had just said and wanted to stone him. Back to the drawing board I guess.

Good find there Randy. I didn't think to include that one. Let's talk about it more!

Lee

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 10:26 AM
98 SVT Cobra

I just posted this in another thread but I will repost it here.

Some of you may be happy to know that I am revisiting this subject of Jesus and God. I had overlooked this passage. To me it seams that Jesus is making a claim to be God. The people that he was talking to knew what he had just said and wanted to stone him. Back to the drawing board I guess.

Quote:
Joh 8:56 Your father Abraham leaped for joy that he should see My day, and he saw, and rejoiced.

Joh 8:57 Then the Jews said to Him, You do not yet have fifty years, and have You seen Abraham?

Joh 8:58 Jesus said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Before Abraham came to be, I AM!

Joh 8:59 Because of this, they took up stones that they might throw them on Him. But Jesus was hidden, and went forth out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 10:36 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by speedpro50

Good find there Randy. I didn't think to include that one. Let's talk about it more!

Lee
I used to believe that Jesus and God was the same, but there were somethings that did not add up. Sometimes I take the bible to literal. I know that there are somethings that cant be. I agree with everything that you posted Lee. It is a confusing subject in that Jesus is always refered to as the Son of God or the Anointed, or the Christ. He always speaks of God in third person.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:

I used to believe that Jesus and God was the same, but there were somethings that did not add up. Sometimes I take the bible to literal. I know that there are somethings that cant be. I agree with everything that you posted Lee. It is a confusing subject in that Jesus is always refered to as the Son of God or the Anointed, or the Christ. He always speaks of God in third person.
I agree...an we won't know everything here on earth anyways. Remember is it like ONE WHAT AND 3 WHOS.

Lee
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 11:00 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by Monsoon X
Guys we have to remember the Hiearchy of the trinity.

1) God
2) The Son
3) Holy Spirit

Try to understand one entity being split into three individuals but, still unified as one.

Jesus never called himself God
God never called himself Jesus
Holy spirit never said anything. LOL

But from careful reading and studying of the scriptures we come to conclusion that Jesus was more than a mere human.

good discussion!
I have always thought of Jesus as being more then just a mere human. Gods only begotten, come on, that is saying something. I am doing smoemore studying on this. Any verses that would help out in my search would be welcomed guys.

Disclaimer:
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 11:16 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally posted by speedpro50

Remember is it like ONE WHAT AND 3 WHOS.

Lee

hahahaha Yeah! I like that.

<------stealing again

Advertisement