Ark of the Covenant - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Ark of the Covenant

http://www.wyattmuseum.com/ark-of-the-covenant.htm

This is a link to the Ark but the whole site is well worth checking out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 06:20 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Question for everyone. Where do you think the ark of the covenant is located at? I have my own idea but want to see what you all think first.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 06:39 PM
Time Served

Good read...

Awesome theory of the blood of Christ draining from the cross to and in the Ark after the earthquake.

Where do I think it is? In a wooden crate in some big FBI warehouse (Indiana Jones.) Seriously, I can't imagine it ever leaving Israel.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 09:18 PM
Time Served

As long as I am mentioning the blood of Christ, has anyone ever read Blood of Heaven by Bill Myers?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 10:13 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by NoBikeMike
As long as I am mentioning the blood of Christ, has anyone ever read Blood of Heaven by Bill Myers?
I have the one volume Fire of Heaven Trilogy. It includes Blood of Heaven, Threshold, and Fire of Heaven. The only one I have is Blood of Heaven and it is one of the best books I have ever read. Bill Myers is one heck of a writer.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 10:57 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Revelation 11:19
Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a great hailstorm.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 11:27 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog

I have the one volume Fire of Heaven Trilogy. It includes Blood of Heaven, Threshold, and Fire of Heaven. The only one I have is Blood of Heaven and it is one of the best books I have ever read. Bill Myers is one heck of a writer.
I have Books 2 and 3...Threshold and Fire of Heaven? If you want to borrow/have let me know. I've also read Myer's ELI one of my favorite books ever. (Along the same lines of "Threshold"/gives you a good understanding of what living w/ Jesus would be like)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 06:17 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by NoBikeMike

I have Books 2 and 3...Threshold and Fire of Heaven? If you want to borrow/have let me know. I've also read Myer's ELI one of my favorite books ever. (Along the same lines of "Threshold"/gives you a good understanding of what living w/ Jesus would be like)
Sorry, I ment to say the only one I have read is Blood of Heaven, not the only one I have. I have the other two, just haven't read them yet.

Madcat: You win the door prize. Sometimes I have to laugh when I see some of these programs on TV and guys are spending there whole life and thousands of dollars trying to find the ark and its been in heaven the whole time.

Disclaimer:
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally posted by MadKat
Revelation 11:19
Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a great hailstorm.
Interesting point. However the Ark was in Heaven before it came down here. Is that what it is talking about or does it say the Ark was retrieved and placed in Heaven ?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 04:01 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by outatime

Interesting point. However the Ark was in Heaven before it came down here. Is that what it is talking about or does it say the Ark was retrieved and placed in Heaven ?
This was a vision seen by John just after the second woe during the Great Tribulation. So, either the ark is in heaven now or it is still on earth and soon will be in heaven. I dont think it is still here because as much value that Israel placed on the ark I dont think it is something that they would misplace, yes, it has been stolen before but they always got it back because death came to those who stole it. It is just strange that the last time it is mentioned is in 2 Chronicles where Israel is told to place it in Solomans temple. Then in Jeremiah:

Jer 3:16 And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith the LORD, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of the LORD: neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit it; neither shall that be done any more.

So, my thought is, that somewhere between 2 Chronicles 35 and Jeremiah 3, God took it, and it is in heaven right now.

Disclaimer:
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2002, 05:01 PM
Boost is Good

it was estimated in US dollars that the Ark would have taken 50 million dollars to make.....

Stand by or fight while Obama wages his war against capitalism...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement