Discussion: Does God still have a covenant with Israel? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Discussion: Does God still have a covenant with Israel?

I haven't really studied the in and outs of Judaism, as of now I am sure that the covenant has been made obsolete because of Jesus. (you guys should know the scriptures)

The reason I ask is because I do feel like Israel is still "special" in God's eyesight.

But let's review something. God had the Israelites conqured or assaulted or ostracized by another civilization everytime they went against his will. But when they lamented and became aware, cried out and atoned he brought them out of their condition(Ex: all through the OT)

My little theory is that I feel that one reason for Israel's constant modern struggles is an exilement because they did something against God's will.

Now for the discussion topic: Do you feel that Israel is in exilement now? If so it seems it has been this way longer than any other time of exilement. What do you think they did that was so bad that it would cause them to be in strife for almost 2k years?

hmmmmmmm. I think I know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 11:07 AM
Boost is Good

I think Irsrael is in punishment for rejecting Christ. But I do know that God has given all authority over earth to Christ and the church is Christ's bride and He loves it dearly. I think the Church is now God's people.

Stand by or fight while Obama wages his war against capitalism...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 12:20 PM
98 SVT Cobra

God made a covenant with Israel 4,000 years ago, and since God is unchanging, that covenant still stands today. Is He ticked at what was done to His Son? Yes, but He also knew that it would happen long before the covenant was made with Abraham.

The church has a special place in Gods heart but so does Israel. Just like we as christians go through trials and are punished for things we do against His will, the same holds true for Israel. Whenever the tribulation occurs Israel will be subject to the same trials right along with the church. Then those of us that are able to endure, will be with him forever and ever.

Ezekiel 39:25 - Therefore thus says the Lord God, "Now I shall restore the fortunes of Jacob, and have mercy on the whole house of Israel; and I shall be jealous for My holy name. 26 "And they shall forget their disgrace and all their treachery which they perpetrated against Me, when they live securely on their own land with no one to make them afraid. 27 "When I bring them back from the peoples and gather them from the lands of their enemies, then I shall be sanctified through them in the sight of the many nations. 28 "Then they will know that I am the Lord their God because I made them go into exile among the nations, and then gathered them again to their own land; and I will leave none of them there any longer. 29 "And I will not hide My face from them any longer, for I shall have poured out My Spirit on the house of Israel," declares the Lord God.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

It is obvious that Israel has a place in the endtime prophecies so that makes me wonder about their place in religion. If a jew didn't take on Jesus Christ as their saviour they will be judged by the law (see book of Romans)

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 12:46 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by Monsoon X
It is obvious that Israel has a place in the endtime prophecies so that makes me wonder about their place in religion. If a jew didn't take on Jesus Christ as their saviour they will be judged by the law (see book of Romans)
Judged by the law. WOW! I know I would fail.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

That's why they are so interested in that Red Heifer that was born.

The last one was deemed not Kosher because it eventually grew two or three grey hairs. The one they have now they are still watching it.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 04:15 PM
IA2

Quote:
Originally posted by Monsoon X
That's why they are so interested in that Red Heifer that was born.

The last one was deemed not Kosher because it eventually grew two or three grey hairs. The one they have now they are still watching it.
What's interesting about the heifer is that it has to
be sacrificed between it's 2nd-3rd year (or in it's 3rd year;
can't remember exactly) inside of a temple to
ritually cleanse it.

The bible says that there will be a 3rd temple
built. There is a group in Israel that already has
the cornerstone ready and plans drawn for it.

Perfect red heifers are extremely rare.

If the heifer is deemed perfect this could get
interesting if you follow middle east events.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 08:47 PM
Time Served

the heifer was a clone by the way...
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 09:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog
God made a covenant with Israel 4,000 years ago, and since God is unchanging, that covenant still stands today. Is He ticked at what was done to His Son? Yes, but He also knew that it would happen long before the covenant was made with Abraham.

The church has a special place in Gods heart but so does Israel. Just like we as christians go through trials and are punished for things we do against His will, the same holds true for Israel. Whenever the tribulation occurs Israel will be subject to the same trials right along with the church. Then those of us that are able to endure, will be with him forever and ever.

Ezekiel 39:25 - Therefore thus says the Lord God, "Now I shall restore the fortunes of Jacob, and have mercy on the whole house of Israel; and I shall be jealous for My holy name. 26 "And they shall forget their disgrace and all their treachery which they perpetrated against Me, when they live securely on their own land with no one to make them afraid. 27 "When I bring them back from the peoples and gather them from the lands of their enemies, then I shall be sanctified through them in the sight of the many nations. 28 "Then they will know that I am the Lord their God because I made them go into exile among the nations, and then gathered them again to their own land; and I will leave none of them there any longer. 29 "And I will not hide My face from them any longer, for I shall have poured out My Spirit on the house of Israel," declares the Lord God.
There is much to be discussed here. Israel is and will always be God's chosen people. That is an everlasting covenant that will never be obselete no matter how much they disobey...aren't you glad??? What if our covenants with God could be made obselete??? Praise the Lord that they cannot be!

MoonDog is right in what he says above. Israel is God's chosen people and we have been grafted in with them.

Romans 11:17
And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Also, Israel is the seed of Abraham and us gentiles are also now the seed of Abraham BY FAITH, not birthright.

Romans 4:16
Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all

READ ALSO THE REST OF ROMANS 4.

I hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement