Abortion Discussion - DFWstangs Forums
View Poll Results: What do you think about abortion?
Always wrong 8 80.00%
Always ok 0 0%
Ok, if in the proper situation 2 20.00%
Not sure 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

Abortion Discussion

What are you thoughts on abortion?

Stand by or fight while Obama wages his war against capitalism...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 03:12 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Re: Abortion Discussion

Quote:
Originally posted by 281R
What are you thoughts on abortion?
You come up with these questions that make people think, you need to stop it!!

I will respond later when I get home.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 03:12 PM
FORMER LS1 OWNER

OK if in the proper situation.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 04:13 PM
Blessed

I don't think that there is a proper situation. Even rape. Because I believe that God makes good out of bad situations. You could bless someone that can't have kids by putting the child up for adoption. If the kid is retarded then I think the parents need to suck it up and love the kid anyways. Nobody said that it would be easy. Have you ever seen a retarded kid? They are very nice and loving. They may not know how to do alot of things but they can love. What else do you need?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 04:49 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by StangTamer
I don't think that there is a proper situation. Even rape. Because I believe that God makes good out of bad situations. You could bless someone that can't have kids by putting the child up for adoption. If the kid is retarded then I think the parents need to suck it up and love the kid anyways. Nobody said that it would be easy. Have you ever seen a retarded kid? They are very nice and loving. They may not know how to do alot of things but they can love. What else do you need?
Well put Chad.

I fully believe that it is wrong and against everything that is holy. There is no right situation for it to be OK. But in todays world if we had a law that stated that it would be OK under such and such situation, who would be the one to define the situation. Government? No, no one is going to let congress say what they can do to "their own bodies". Let the people decide the right situation, we do that now and all we have is another form a birth control. Dont get me wrong, like I stated, I am against it. My wife was adopted and I thank God that she wasn't a statistic. I dont believe that killing an unborn child is the right way to handle a rape or incest situation, or even becuase the child may be an inconvenience. The child has the same right to life as you or I.

Bottom line, in the society that we live in today, I do not ever see the government changing the law because people have gotten so acustom to it that they see nothing wrong in what they are doing.

Just remember, when Moses was born, babies were being killed. When Jesus was born, babies were being killed. Today, babies are being killed....could The Deliverer be coming?

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 05:04 PM
Renegade Vette owner

I agree with StangTamer. Abortion is murder if you believe life begins at conception.

First off, if you read the statistics the women who get pregnant from rape or incest are like 1%...so this #, even if all these pregnancies were aborted, is TINY.

However, this is the argument typically used by those who say its ok "in certain circumstances". I'm not saying the 1% isn't valid, or it NEVER happens, but there is too much emphasis being put on that small %, IMHO.

Most abortions are out of convenience. Someone is still in school, there is no father, "not the right time"... sheesh. Children are a "blessing from the Lord". If you didn't want them, you should have been a heckuva lot more responsible.

Anyway, with regards to the 1% that get pregnant from rape or an incestual relationship.... I have had this disussion with my wife and even with our adult small group at church. If she were to be raped and conceive a child, then I take that as God telling me I need to raise that child as my own. After all, that child would be in my house and under our care as the parents. That would be just another little life that God wants me to nurture. Just b/c one horrible act was committed (the rape), another horrible act (murder, in my opinion) is not right.

Sounds crazy to some...maybe even like a martyr complex, but that's really what I, as a man, should do in my mind. My wife might want to abort the baby at the time, but I would need to keep her from committing an act that we both believe is murder.

As far as people who abort kids b/c they are retarded or missing a limb or whatever...they are cowards. Period. Who on this earth is to say one life is worth MORE than another (at least when we're talking about the unborn)?

We all deal with circumstances that we don't "like" in our lives. Changing our moral structure to benefit ourselves in the short term when these bad circumstances arise is NOT the way to go on living. It's a cop-out, and if you're living in accordance with God's Word, then you stay the course.

90 LX 5.0 (10.xx @ 135)...SOLD 9/3/02...my original "baby"...Super Ford feature 1/00
Current Stable:
04 SVT Lightning
02 Lingenfelter Twin Turbo Z06
05 Ram SRT-10
08 Yukon Denali 6.2
09 GT500 'vert

Last edited by WA 2 FST; 10-10-2002 at 05:08 PM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 12:29 AM
Extreme Edge

Location: Revival land, come on in and see what the fuss is all about!
abortion is wrong. that is the bottom line. i agree that God makes good out of a bad situation. my sister is a living example. we adopted her when she was 3 months old from two very young parents with 2 other kids already. the reason is she has spina bifida and hydrocefalis(sp?) which means she was born with a hole in her spine and is paralized from the waust down with some very slight retardation and some emotional problems. she wasn't suppose to live past 3. she is nine now goin on her 10th birthday and after many sergeries she is still goin, with one kidney and all. she is the happiest, most cheerfull blessing to any person she evr comes in contact with and isn't ashamed about praising God at all. we have never regreted adoption and she is in evry way part of our family. we all love her very much. that is my standing for it. i could never imagine having a life like that or any staind on my hands
john
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 06:25 AM
98 SVT Cobra

That is cool. One of my best friends that lives up in Chicago now, had a child with spina bifida. I think he lived to 5 before he died about 4 years ago, but you are right, he was one of the best kids I have ever known. I would love to meet you sister sometime.

It is sad that some poeple think that just because a child is "less than perfect" (is anyone perfect?) they are not worth having. I am thankful God thought we were worth keeping around.

Disclaimer:
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 07:19 AM
Crash Test Dummy

It is wrong at any time.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Boost is Good

I voted wrong, but have a good verse for it.
Exodus 21:22-24
"When men strive together, and hurt a woman with a child, so that there is a miscarriage, and yet no harm follows, the one who hurt her shall be fined, according as the woman's husband shall lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. If any harm follows, then you shall give life for life, hand for hand, foot for foot."

Stand by or fight while Obama wages his war against capitalism...
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 09:12 AM
Banned

I also voted for it always being wrong. It is murder.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 12:28 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Same as murder.
Even in rape.
God dosnt give you something you cant handle if you trust in Him
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 12:32 PM
Ice Ice maybe.....

Always wrong, even in rape. A child is a blessing, no matter what.

R.I.P. 05/24/03
Jeremy "Lethal" Snow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement