What kind of music? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
98 SVT Cobra

What kind of music?

I saw on some ealier posts the 281R and StangTamer mentioned Pillar, Seven Day Slumber, and others as bands that they like. I was wondering what bands/groups/artists is everyone into right now.

I am listening to Kutless right now. You can hear all their music at their website. They are probably a close second to Thousand Foot Krutch as my fav. band right now. I saw them both last Friday at The Door and that was one jammin place all night. I am also into Pillar, Project 96, Skillet, Spoken, POD, 12 Stones, and Pax217 just to name a few.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!

Last edited by MoonDog; 10-09-2002 at 08:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 08:29 AM
Ice Ice maybe.....

Thumbs up

I dig P.O.D.

R.I.P. 05/24/03
Jeremy "Lethal" Snow
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 09:13 AM
Banned

I enjoy third day, caedmons call, skillet, pillar, sonic flood, paul baloche, lots of good worship songs, The Gaithers, some chirstian rap, really all sorts of Christian Music!

Lee

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 12:01 PM
Blessed

I like 89.7 Power F.M. they have alot of good stuff. There are alot of new songs out now that I really like but I am not sure who sings them. I found out a couple of the songs. I think tree 63 "electric", another is DCTalk but I am not sure of the title it starts out with red, white, and blue.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 05:08 PM
Time Served

Clay, Creed, Third Day, and MercyMe.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 01:06 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Originally posted by StangTamer
I like 89.7 Power F.M. they have alot of good stuff. There are alot of new songs out now that I really like but I am not sure who sings them. I found out a couple of the songs. I think tree 63 "electric", another is DCTalk but I am not sure of the title it starts out with red, white, and blue.
Hehehe, 89.7. Sorry, not making fun of you, just remembering about 5 years ago. The only thing on that station was static, and I had one of those portable CD radio transmitters, where you set it to a station with no signal, and you can hear your CD's through your radio (back when I didn't have a CD player in the car). I always set it to 89.7, and for about 20 feet around my car, if you tuned into 89.7, you could hear what I was playing on my CD player

I also got a little mischievous at times, and I'd set the transmitter to a country station, or something ... usually when I'd see a bumpersticker with a radio station on it, I'd set it to that station, and take over the car in front of me's radio It cracked me up every time I'd pull up, see someone jamming to whatever was playing on their station, and then take over and watch them freak out wondering what was going on with their radio.

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 06:59 AM
turn it!

I realy don't listen to much but KLTY, Every once in a while I'll listen to that heavy christian channel but realy can't get into much of it. POD is about my limit on that.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkWolf

Hehehe, 89.7. Sorry, not making fun of you, just remembering about 5 years ago. The only thing on that station was static, and I had one of those portable CD radio transmitters, where you set it to a station with no signal, and you can hear your CD's through your radio (back when I didn't have a CD player in the car). I always set it to 89.7, and for about 20 feet around my car, if you tuned into 89.7, you could hear what I was playing on my CD player

I also got a little mischievous at times, and I'd set the transmitter to a country station, or something ... usually when I'd see a bumpersticker with a radio station on it, I'd set it to that station, and take over the car in front of me's radio It cracked me up every time I'd pull up, see someone jamming to whatever was playing on their station, and then take over and watch them freak out wondering what was going on with their radio.
Dude, we need to hang out!!

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 08:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by rtigert
Clay, Creed, Third Day, and MercyMe.
Good one brother, I forgot about Mercy Me.

Glad to have you on board!

Lee
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 08:29 AM
Boost is Good

for all my spiritual needs, I turn to K104......
Just a joke, Ha, ha, ha
nevermind

Stand by or fight while Obama wages his war against capitalism...
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
98 SVT Cobra

There is a lot of good stuff coming out right now guys (and girls) if you like rock. The last couple of CDs I have picked up are pretty good, Jonah33, they sing the song "All for You" and Big Dismal, they sing "Remember". Thousand Foot Krutch, POD and Skillet all have Cds coming out by years end.

Disclaimer:
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 09:15 PM
Boost is Good

cool, I will look for them next time I am in the Christian music store.

BTW, off the subject, but what happened to Lethal? He hasnt posted in here since a long time
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by 281R
cool, I will look for them next time I am in the Christian music store.

BTW, off the subject, but what happened to Lethal? He hasnt posted in here since a long time
I don't know, good question.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 02:34 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog
Dude, we need to hang out!!
DOH! Completely missed this thread after my post HA!

Yeah, no doubt! If you're still going to the LAN party Saturday, I'll see ya there

DarkWolf
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
98 SVT Cobra

Thumbs up

Quote:
DOH! Completely missed this thread after my post HA!

Yeah, no doubt! If you're still going to the LAN party Saturday, I'll see ya there
Yeah man, I'll be there.

I found it funny what you did to the radios. I need to get ahold of one of them, that would be fun.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 07:57 AM
Boost is Good

Quote:
If you're still going to the LAN party Saturday, I'll see ya there
When and what is this?
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 02:33 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

It's in the computer support forum, just a day of nerdery and video gaming

MoonDog: Heheh. Yeah, I used to have a lot of fun with those. I think new ones only have a limited range of frequency they can operate on, which kinda sucks, because that takes all the fun out of them If you can find one with a dial and a good 30 or so frequencies it can operate on (from 80.1 - 110.9, or something along those lines), you can pretty much take over any radio within 20 feet. Hehe.

DarkWolf
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 12:04 PM
Time Served

Jars of Clay, DC Talk and Pod are pretty good?
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 12:17 PM
Boost is Good

Quote:
It's in the computer support forum, just a day of nerdery and video gaming

man, I'd like to go but Texas Heat Wave is this weekend
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-17-2003, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by steve small
Jars of Clay, DC Talk and Pod are pretty good?
Is that a question or a statement? POD is pretty awesome, cant wait for their new one in November.

Side note. I have a website where you can download a lot of different Christian rock mp3s and videos. Check some of it out, you may find someone that you have never heard of that you like. Just click on my sig and it will take you there.

Disclaimer:

Last edited by MoonDog; 07-17-2003 at 02:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement