Uh oh! It's about to get good in the main forum - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Uh oh! It's about to get good in the main forum

My religious debate adversary is back. 93Coupe.

This should be good. I own him!

Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 02:29 PM
98 SVT Cobra

This is getting very good

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Yup. We're laying the smackdown out there.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 02:43 PM
Ice Ice maybe.....

I kinda like that Troll guy.

R.I.P. 05/24/03
Jeremy "Lethal" Snow
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 03:04 PM
Banned

I now remember why I stay here, back to the religion corner I come.

Lee
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 04:07 PM
Boost is Good

Quote:
Originally posted by Lethal
I kinda like that Troll guy.
I know, saw some of his post, couldnt help laughing...

Stand by or fight while Obama wages his war against capitalism...
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 04:29 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Its beginnig to be the same old thing now. Boring. 93coupe is a little fire ball though.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 09:49 PM
Blessed

Yeah I like Troll. He cracks me up. I about fell out of the chair when he posted up to NDSP to chang his name to DSOB!!! Also I liked MoonDogs Smiley guy throwing flames and burning 93Coupe and then 93 Coupe bowing.LOL

<----Still rolling
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 09:57 PM
Renegade Vette owner

Thing is... as we all know, God has to move in his heart. All the empirical evidence in the world will not convince those blind to God's Word and His divine call. That doesn't mean we don't _obey_ the Great Commission that Jesus gave us in Matt. 28 and do what we can to spread the gospel _TRUTH_.

Keep it clean, folks! Remember, you may be the only "Jesus" this person ever sees or hears from.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 10:34 PM
IA2

Quote:
Originally posted by WA 2 FST
Thing is... as we all know, God has to move in his heart. All the empirical evidence in the world will not convince those blind to God's Word and His divine call. That doesn't mean we don't _obey_ the Great Commission that Jesus gave us in Matt. 28 and do what we can to spread the gospel _TRUTH_.

Keep it clean, folks! Remember, you may be the only "Jesus" this person ever sees or hears from.
God gives us all a choice. The way is narrow and many
will miss it.

One of the things I noticed about this site early on is
the number of young, bitter members that apparently
have absolutely no use for/tolerance of any kind of
religious conversation.

My heart hurts that their hearts are so hardened at an
early age. How do you reach out to someone that
is so bitter?
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 10:51 PM
Renegade Vette owner

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeb

God gives us all a choice. The way is narrow and many
will miss it.
I'm gonna pass on the "absolute free will vs. election" debate right now...b/c its not the point at hand.

I definitely agree that the way is narrow. Too narrow for some to believe it can possibly be true, which is why we're often labeled as intolerant bigots.

Quote:

One of the things I noticed about this site early on is
the number of young, bitter members that apparently
have absolutely no use for/tolerance of any kind of
religious conversation.

My heart hurts that their hearts are so hardened at an
early age. How do you reach out to someone that
is so bitter?
I think we have to show them we're different. If non-believers do not see us as being any different from the rest, then what incentive would they ever have to investigate true Christianity? None. That's why the actions are just as important as words sometimes, and that's also why choosing our words carefully in these "debates" is OH SO critical.

I've run into plenty of angry and bitter people...but they have enough "things" that they appear to be happy (and maybe they truly ARE happy...for awhile). For those who know the Lord Jesus and have God's gift of the Holy Spirit indwelling them, we know that no matter how much "stuff" fills one's life (stuff = things, money, children, spouse, work accomplishments, other accomplishments, etc) that there is a gaping hole somewhere in one's soul without Christ. Certainly most of these people don't even realize it, so its hard to reach out.

I have found that being someone's "friend" and taking the time and effort to develop a relationship (which is hard to do on a forum...its a lot easier to type a message than it is to get on the phone with someone, go to their house, take them to lunch, etc) will mean when the right time comes, the door opens, and I have an opportunity to show someone what Christ has done for me.

This takes a LOT of effort and more time than most of us (including myself) typically want to invest nowdays. I think this is a big fault of the modern-day church. We can throw as much $$ and Bible tracts at charities and people as we want, but when it comes time to "get to know" someone, we retreat.

It's gotta be REAL, and its gotta be lived out in our lives...otherwise, its just a religion...something we do out of ritual, not b/c its really a life-changing experience.

Sorry so long.

Take care, Mike.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 09:03 AM
Boost is Good

Quote:
[B]

I'm gonna pass on the "absolute free will vs. election" debate right now...b/c its not the point at hand.

I definitely agree that the way is narrow. Too narrow for some to believe it can possibly be true, which is why we're often labeled as intolerant bigots.

I think we have to show them we're different. If non-believers do not see us as being any different from the rest, then what incentive would they ever have to investigate true Christianity? None. That's why the actions are just as important as words sometimes, and that's also why choosing our words carefully in these "debates" is OH SO critical.

I've run into plenty of angry and bitter people...but they have enough "things" that they appear to be happy (and maybe they truly ARE happy...for awhile). For those who know the Lord Jesus and have God's gift of the Holy Spirit indwelling them, we know that no matter how much "stuff" fills one's life (stuff = things, money, children, spouse, work accomplishments, other accomplishments, etc) that there is a gaping hole somewhere in one's soul without Christ. Certainly most of these people don't even realize it, so its hard to reach out.

I have found that being someone's "friend" and taking the time and effort to develop a relationship (which is hard to do on a forum...its a lot easier to type a message than it is to get on the phone with someone, go to their house, take them to lunch, etc) will mean when the right time comes, the door opens, and I have an opportunity to show someone what Christ has done for me.

This takes a LOT of effort and more time than most of us (including myself) typically want to invest nowdays. I think this is a big fault of the modern-day church. We can throw as much $$ and Bible tracts at charities and people as we want, but when it comes time to "get to know" someone, we retreat.

It's gotta be REAL, and its gotta be lived out in our lives...otherwise, its just a religion...something we do out of ritual, not b/c its really a life-changing experience.

Sorry so long.

Take care, Mike.
agreed!

Stand by or fight while Obama wages his war against capitalism...
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Unhappy

I tried to have a study session at my house but, they didn't show up. (they=non-believers)

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 09:51 AM
Renegade Vette owner

Quote:
Originally posted by Monsoon X
I tried to have a study session at my house but, they didn't show up. (they=non-believers)
But the point is you _tried_.

Why? Because you obviously care.

With the advent of the internet and all these forums (not a bad thing), it can become almost too easy to make your point, pat yourself on the back, call it "evangelism" and then turn the 'puter off and go to bed.

I'm not saying that we can't be effective witnesses for Christ by using these forums, but we have to be willing to do more when the time comes/situation calls for.

A non-believer cannot really see the passion that we have for our Lord if all they see is words on a computer screen. Why? Not b/c we're not passionate, and trying daily to live our lives according to His will, but b/c Christianity is more than words (and rhetoric, in some cases). It's a way of life, and that has to be seen, heard, and experienced.

Otherwise, God would call us all to go into a monestary and type e-mails across the globe. NOT! I know many Christians who think they should ONLY do church activities. They go to all these Bible studies, meetings, services, etc. There is NOTHING wrong with any of that, except guess what? They are spending all this time trying to build _themselves_ up, that they leave no time for other people (Christians and non-Christians). It becomes a real self-centered lifestyle...which is totally NOT what real Christianity is about. I've found myself in this trap at times, too.

Kudos to you (and others) who seek to have non-Christian friends in your home and to get to know them. I think being "REAL" to people is just as important as trying to win them over on a keyboard.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 09:56 AM
Banned

Good Word
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Wes- I agree. I care but, really I don't care (so to speak) about the true hardcore atheists. I'm really concerned about the 1010 people who are viewing and following.

I can't let the nonbelievers win! It's my calling. I can't lose because the Bible is right. So why be afraid to debate?

It's made me stronger in my faith. Because honestly sometimes I have to say to myself "dang. That joker has a good point" and I struggle to find and answer, until I dig deep in the word and what do you know? It's been hiding there all along.

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 10:15 AM
Renegade Vette owner

I would never say to NOT debate someone. And you're right, the hardcore atheists are just trying to goad us 99% of the time.

Again, going back to my original point...it's gonna take God changing the heart for people to see...the neat thing is that many times He uses YOU and ME to to aid the process! That's just the Holy Spirit working inside.

What's difficult for me (as I get older, and unfortunately at times it seems more cynical) is to make sure that I choose His words, and have a Christ-like attitude and love towards those I'm having a "debate" with. For _me_, I have to just sit some of this out...b/c no matter what I had better display great self-control. Christ is the ultimate example of that.

As far as being "afraid" to debate...we should NEVER be afraid! We should be ready to make a defense, and we should not ever be ashamed of the Gospel of Christ. (Rom 1:16).

Last edited by WA 2 FST; 10-09-2002 at 10:19 AM.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 10:16 AM
Renegade Vette owner

Quote:
Originally posted by speedpro50
Good Word
????
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 11:00 AM
Banned

Quote:

????
Good statement, I liked what you have to say!

Lee
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:

Good statement, I liked what you have to say!

Lee
You put the in there. I guess it was an accident?

post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 01:54 PM
Banned

I simply saw the eyes looking upward (supposed to be at his statement). Thats all!
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
I simply saw the eyes looking upward (supposed to be at his statement). Thats all!
LOL. That smiley is "rolleyes" (sarcastic) or (yeah right) or even (stupid) It's not a good one to use if you're trying to be friendly. unless you put a with it.

post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 07:58 AM
Banned

I get it now...LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement