Which Bible character best fits you? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Thumbs up Which Bible character best fits you?

Everyone of the great men of the Bible had quirks and they all fell short so which one would describe you the best.

I don't even have an answer for myself yet, so I'll get back to you.

Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 12:45 PM
Banned

I haven't matured enough to even be close to where the great saints were. What would it have been like to have seen Jesus and heard Him speak and eaten with Him? I will have to think on this as well!

Lee
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 12:50 PM
Blessed

Goliath? no. ahh..Judas? nah hmmm.....Paul? I wish. Jesus? I want to be like him.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 12:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by StangTamer
Goliath? no. ahh..Judas? nah hmmm.....Paul? I wish. Jesus? I want to be like him.
AMEN!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

ahhhh. This is just for fun. They made mistakes just like we do.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 05:25 PM
98 SVT Cobra

I would have to say Jonah. God is always telling me to go one way and I am always wanting to go the other.

And sometimes I think it would just be easier for GOD to just get rid off the unbelievers himself instead of having myself and others spread his word just to get laughed at and scorned. But then I remember that GOD could have done that to me. So, I go out and pray that someone listens to what I have to say. If one person gets saved because of what I have to share then it is worth it.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!

Last edited by MoonDog; 10-09-2002 at 05:07 AM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 09:49 PM
Renegade Vette owner

I agree...very hard to even consider this one.

I'm reading a book by Chuck Swindoll about David...wow, it is so cool to really study in-depth a man who was called, "a man after God's own heart."

Obviously, David had many pitfalls...which we should try to learn from and avoid. I hope I don't ever commit the sin of adultery.

Anyway, what's nice is that God calls me to do His will for _my_ life. I can only try to measure up to Jesus in _character_, not so much as what I consider earthly "accomplishments". I mean, David was lived in a cave for 10+ years (when fleeing King Saul), so I doubt he was feeling like he was getting much done for God during that down time in his life. I'm just called to obey. Hopefully, when I stand before the Lord someday he will look at me and say, "Well done, my good and faithful servant"...no matter what menial tasks (from the human perspective) He asks me to do.

Sometimes that's the hard part. Trying to do too much, too soon. I see these great men (and women) in the Bible and think, "yeah, I should be like that!"...and in many ways we should!! But then I get overanxious and run in _front_ of God, instead of waiting patiently for His direction.

But that's just me. We should ALL be inspired by the Word of God and the people in Scripture are certainly a HUGE part of the Word.

90 LX 5.0 (10.xx @ 135)...SOLD 9/3/02...my original "baby"...Super Ford feature 1/00
Current Stable:
04 SVT Lightning
02 Lingenfelter Twin Turbo Z06
05 Ram SRT-10
08 Yukon Denali 6.2
09 GT500 'vert
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2002, 03:36 AM
TWIN SPINNER

Wes stole mine. I am probably like David because like him I too experience lots of ups and downs in my walk.
I wish I were more like my namesake, Joshua (Jesus is the Greek version of Joshua)

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement