What is your testimony?? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Banned

What is your testimony??

Tell me about when you were saved and since then what has happened.

I was a troubled young man (serious tone here)...j/k...I was big time troubled and in trouble. I was dealing drugs in Beaumont TX at 16 carrying a 38 special for protection involved with gangs and doing lots of partying. Never went to church as a youth and had a poor family situation. My mom was married and remarried and remarried and remarried so I had a variety of dads, with my bio-dad not caring a bit about me. I was in and out of school and in and out of 3 different rehabs (lock down facilities), arrested 3 times and a run away (temporary) 7 times. All these things going on until I met m wife (at the time a backslid christian) at the age of 16. She did introduce me to her family when we went home from college on breaks and they loved me like my family never seemed to be able to. It was a normal family that accepted me. My wife's grand father has been a pastor, church planter and evangelist for 52 years and he led me to the Lord in his church office in Wills Point, TX december of 1995. I had only attended a few church services at Turner Baptist Church prior to being saved. My wife and I are now happily married (5+ years) with 2 beautiful baby girls! We are committed to Christ now more than ever, strugglin like the next guy to surrender fully to God's control in our lives. You would never know in meeting me that I was a thug with NO cares ready to kill! God has truly and miraculously changes my life. I have been a Youth Pastor for over 2.5 years now at Believers Church in Quinlan, TX. I am a successful business owner and have 2 offices in Mesquite and Wills Point. I owe it all to God as it was not simply my ability, but God's blessings. I am a committed LOCAL CHURCH man as the NT teaches all Christians to be. My prayer for my life (and my family's) and and please pray with me (for me) is that we will serve God 100% in total surrender until the RAPTURE or until I die!

Praise the Lord for His forgiveness, loving kindness, and GRACE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 12:12 PM
Boost is Good

I on other hand have always grown up in the church. My parents were the type that always took me every sunday and tried to get me involved. In my teen years I kinda wandered away from Christ because my desires were in other places like girls, partying and etc, but once you hit the bottom, you have no other place to turn. I knew Christ was still there asking me to come back home. So now I know where my place is and will never forget who brought me and shaped me into who I am today.

Last edited by 281R; 08-22-2002 at 08:29 PM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 12:22 PM
Crash Test Dummy

Born and raised in the Church. Like 281R, as a teen I just went cause I had to. I went to the Army in '90 and never went to church for 5 yrs. I did every imaginable crazy thing I could think of (cept I never did illegal drugs...hmm funny) NEway.

I got out in '95 and started going back to church simply because all my high school ex' were there and I just wanted to hang out with old friends.

I got married in 97 and I can't explain it but, it made me a better man. I started becoming more involved in Church and the activities. And more than that, I started developing a personal relationship with God. I saw him working in my life like never before. Why? Because for the first 1yr of our marriage we didn't tithe like we are commanded to do. This is the only thing in the Bible where God actually tells you to "test him". But before I started giving, my cars kept breaking, I didn't handle my money right, we weren't good stewards over what God had given us at all! Then on faith we decided to forget the so-called problems and gave our 10% and (this is no lie) almost immediatley people who owed me money called and paid up. Money problems started working themselves out. Promotions came to us. Some folks call it coincedience but, I see a direct relationship of change from the moment I started obeying God's commands.

Now I know and love God like never before. I feel called to great things for him. Yet and still I don't feel restricted in Christianity. I still have great fun in my life!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 01:52 PM
Texas Rangers #1

Like JC and 281R I have been in "church" my whole life. My dad has been a pastor since I was a kid, so I've always been active in church. When I turned 18 and started my first "good" job, it kind of went to my head and my relationship with Christ suffered, but after about year I realized my stupidity and started to get right with God again. Not long after that I met my wife ( she also attended the same church I do except in one of our churches in Florida ) and two years later we where married. I will have been married for a year in September, and thanks to God things are great.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
Banned

good to hear from you guys...keep them coming!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 01:43 PM
My other car's a mini-van

My book is due out this fall..

haha j/k

Seriously though - I probably could write a book on it.

I'll give the short version when I have time.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 02:07 PM
Boost is Good

Quote:
Originally posted by Lane
My book is due out this fall..

haha j/k

Seriously though - I probably could write a book on it.

I'll give the short version when I have time.
Can I get a signed copy when it comes out?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 05:11 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Grew up in church,
Went as a teen cause we had an awesome youth group, and I was home schooled so those were my closest friends.
Got baptized when I was 16 at camp one yr.
Like everyone else I ve had my ups and downs, but Im still trying to fight the good fight.

God bless everyone of ya.
( so awesome to get this forum.)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 09:02 PM
Blessed

When I was little I went to a small Baptist church off and on. I received Jesus in my heart as my Lord and Savior. Though I think that I was more scared into it because I didn't want to go to Hell. I was taught under the assumtion that God based me on my performance, and that I had to be good in order to get into heaven. I remember trying to be perfect and always failling. I was under serious condemnation and bondage because I thought God wouldn't love or except me. I kind of just gave up hope because I couldn't be perfect.

When I was young my family went through some real tuff financial problems. My dad use to make over 100k a year as a wallpaper hanger. Then during the mid 80's the bottom fell out of his business and he couldn't get any work. He then realized he need something to make some money and was hired on at the place where my mom worked. It was a warehouse position and only paid $6.50hr. Needless to say we barely got by. We lived off of 15 acres that was pretty expensive at the time. He bought it for $6500.00 an acre, not including the house. My dad put our house and land up for sale and we couldn't get any buyers because the market was bad. My parents weren't big on God at the time but somewhat believed. Anyways after getting one of our cars repoed and the IRS was trying to take the land because of back taxes, my parents turned to God for help because they had nowhere else to turn. They got born again through the ministry of Robert Tilton ( I am not big on him but I he brought my parents to God. I just found this out a couple of years ago. So, I owe his ministry big thanks.).

It was great seeing my parents joy come back. My dad started listening to Kenneth Copeland and Andrew Wommack about faith and things started changing when my dad started walking by faith. My dad kept getting promotions and went from $6.50hr to 50k a year through the years. He was claiming victory and that he was debt free all the way to and from signing the Bankruptcy papers on the land. A few years later he sold 5 acres of the back portion of our land for a 1/4 of a million $. Then he recieved another 1/4 mill. from a lawsuite because a nursing home killed his dad 5yrs earlier. Then he sold another 5 acres for another 1/4 mill. to the school for a baseball field. That was wild because he still has all of the frontage property and that is the part that is worth the most.lol Anyways, my parents are debt free now.

I saw my brother do a 180 also. I couldn't believe the wisdom I saw come out of his mouth. I saw my family all have this new joy that was different than just being happy. I said to myself, that I want what they have. So, I made myself listen to the Kenneth Copeland and Andrew Wommack tapes. I found that God doesn't base me on performance and that he excepts regardless of my sins I have commited yesterday, today and tomorrow. I recieved a revelation of Gods Love!! I had so much joy and peace that I was dead to myself. We still had problems arise but they were not held as a priority, God was our priority and provider and ALWAYS came through.

I have seen my dad healed of a heart attack, a friend healed of a brain tumor, my sister raised from the dead, my uncle was a heroin/drug addict for 20+ years and was set free from it, my Nanny totally healed of 90% blood clots in her arteries(sp?), step daughter healed of a 104 temperature in under an hour. The list goes on. I never get sick. The list goes on.lol I could write a novel. But I will stop here for now.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-22-2002, 06:32 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally posted by StangTamer

I never get sick.

Unbreakable?

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-22-2002, 05:46 PM
Blessed

Quote:
Originally posted by Monsoon X

Unbreakable?

It's good to be blessed!!