This is weird!!!! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
Blessed

This is weird!!!!

Does anyone feel the same way? I'm not use to having a discusion about God and it not going to a debate.lol I like this. Is there a way that we can let people read what we are saying in here without letting them post unless they are interested in learning about God? Then when they tried to post it could come up with a message to PM JC or another moderator to get access. Because I am sure that we will have debates with unbelievers on the main forum anyway. But, this way if someone wants to post a question they won't be afraid of getting flamed by unbelievers and the thread getting off of the subject. Just a thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 10:45 AM
Time Served

I agree, it's great to be able to say "Jesus" and not send everything reeling off into oblivion. I also think it'd be good for everyone to "see" but not speak (harshly.) Who knows, someone may not be interested now or three weeks from now, but everyone slips into all the forums sometime for a peek and their curiosity might be rewarded (coke commercial.)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 10:56 AM
Crash Test Dummy

You can send the thread to people in Emails. Visitors can see the forum but they can't reply. Regular members can't see it unless they have been added.

I'm glad Chris offered to provide us a forum.

Stangtamer-We won't have anymore discussions(hopefully) in the main forum because that is what this forum is for. I'll let non belivers in(don't wanna hide this candle under a bushel) right?

Just as long as they learn not to curse. As soon as they can't contain themselves I'm hitting the delete button on the forum access list.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 10:59 AM
My other car's a mini-van

Quote:
Originally posted by Monsoon X
Me too. Thanks Chris.

Quote:
Just as long as they learn not to curse. As soon as they can't contain themselves I'm hitting the delete button on the forum access list.
Man, the POWER at your fingertips!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Blessed

Quote:
Originally posted by Monsoon X
You can send the thread to people in Emails. Visitors can see the forum but they can't reply. Regular members can't see it unless they have been added.

Stangtamer-We won't have anymore discussions(hopefully) in the main forum because that is what this forum is for. I'll let non belivers in(don't wanna hide this candle under a bushel) right?

That sounds good. I would just hate to see it become a second Smackatorium.lol I think that it will be good to let all in after we get somewhat established. I think/hope that the debates will die out after a few anyway and just come up in spurts everyonce in a while. As long as it is a clean debate without people just trying to get a nerve, as in posting a monkey molesting Jesus. That stuff isn't right. Because sometimes the Spirit of Slap wants to come out in me. Though I never show offence, it still angers me. I don't mind people asking hard questions and trying to debate their belief. But you know as well as alot of others, that some people just want to try and make people mad and nothing else.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 11:19 AM
Caddy Pimp

Sounds like a good plan JC. And thank you very much Chris. It is really hard to find other Christians that share the same interests such as cars and racing. I think it is very cool.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2002, 09:55 AM
Boost is Good

I agree with JC when we let everyone else in, b/c we need to spread the word. But yes we will need close moderation.

Stand by or fight while Obama wages his war against capitalism...
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2002, 10:43 AM
Geaux Saints!!

Thanks Chris.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 03:18 PM
Banned

I LIKE IT!

slobber, slobber
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 10:26 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

And a reply from a non-Christian

I know I'm in the minority in this forum, but it is the Religion Corner. Religion doesn't necissarily mean Christianity.

I'm glad this forum is here, I enjoy discussing / debating religion / ideas, and don't feel that with some of the people on here, that a fully accessible forum is the best way to do it. Moderation is a good thing.

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 10:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkWolf
And a reply from a non-Christian

Glad to have you!

I'm glad this forum is here, I enjoy discussing / debating religion / ideas, and don't feel that with some of the people on here, that a fully accessible forum is the best way to do it. Moderation is a good thing.
Couldn't agree with you more!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement