Religion - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Caddy Pimp

Religion

I would like to know what denomination everybody is. I grew up in the episcopal church.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 09:36 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Church of Christ

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 09:50 AM
Turbobrooks

Location: You can call me Aaron Burr from the way I'm dropping Hamiltons
Catholic

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 10:22 AM
Blessed

Grew up Baptist. But just claim to be a Christian now and go by the Bible.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Caddy Pimp

Well, I havent attended church in quite some time, but my father was a priest(retired now) and so was my grandfather. Growing up I was kind of force fed religion, so I have been burnt out on church for sometime now, but I plan on returning soon. I am leaning more in the non-denominational area now.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 12:02 PM
Renegade Vette owner

As long as it accurately teaches the Bible as God's Word and doesn't selectively ADD or REMOVE from it...I'm flexible.

However, all my life I've been in non-denominational Bible churches.

There is no Bible church in Allen, but we attend Grace Evangelical Free Church, and have for 10 years now. The EV Free denomination is not popular down here in the Bible Belt really, but is more popular in the midwest where its roots are. It's statement(s) of faith are rather simple...the first being that we uphold the Scripture as God's inerrant Word.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 12:27 PM
My other car's a mini-van

Church of Christ
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 12:57 PM
Texas Rangers #1

Smile

Non-Denominational

The church I attend is called Soldiers of the Cross, we have a church in Fort Worth and one in Dallas. It's actually an international church, focusing mostly on evangelism (sp?), we have many churches in 3rd world countries including Africa and South America. My dad is the pastor at the Fort Worth church.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-07-2002, 09:49 PM
Time Served

Grew up in an Episcopal Church, now attend a Baptist Church, consider myself non-denominational (my opinion is that Church (denominational) doctrine is inherently wrong, God tells you what to believe in the Bible and you should obey and worship as you feel comfortable)
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Caddy Pimp

Quote:
Originally posted by NoBikeMike
Grew up in an Episcopal Church, now attend a Baptist Church, consider myself non-denominational (my opinion is that Church (denominational) doctrine is inherently wrong, God tells you what to believe in the Bible and you should obey and worship as you feel comfortable)

I agree, I think that some people put too much emphasis on the "routine" of some denominational churches. I have been guilty of it myself. I have met and discussions with people that have been attending church for 25 years and know every word of the gospel and all of the scriptures, but do not know what they mean nor do they have a real relationship with God. It is very easy to do.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2002, 09:09 AM
Boost is Good

Lutheran MO Synod

Stand by or fight while Obama wages his war against capitalism...
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 02:51 PM
Banned

Bible church....

Devil hatin', bible believin', spirit filled...

Believers Church is my church home in Quinlan, TX
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 10:45 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

No organized religion. I see religion as man made, and inherently flawed. God gave us free will, and to me, that includes the freedom to worship God in whatever way feels right in your heart.

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 11:34 AM
Geaux Saints!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
Catholic
Likewise.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 12:11 PM
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkWolf
No organized religion. I see religion as man made, and inherently flawed. God gave us free will, and to me, that includes the freedom to worship God in whatever way feels right in your heart.
If you believe in God then you have to believe in his word, which is the Bible. By believing in the Bible you understand that worshiping God should be in spirit and truth not within four walls. You should also know that you CAN worship in whatever way feels right according to scripture which is contained in the Bible.

But the question is; Do you believe in the bible?

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 09:30 AM
Banned

good word JC!
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 02:05 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Originally posted by Monsoon X

If you believe in God then you have to believe in his word, which is the Bible. By believing in the Bible you understand that worshiping God should be in spirit and truth not within four walls. You should also know that you CAN worship in whatever way feels right according to scripture which is contained in the Bible.

But the question is; Do you believe in the bible?
It seems like an easy question, with an easy, yes or no answer. The truth is, it's not so easy.

In a nutshell, I don't believe that the Bible is to be taken as absolute. I do believe that it is an important book. It provides us with valuable lessons, and insights. I don't feel it's a black or white issue (either you believe or you don't) ... I believe there is a gray area, in that I believe the bible is open for interpretation.

Now, obviously, there's much more to it, but that's about as concise as I can get with any explaination.

DarkWolf
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 02:39 PM
Boost is Good

Just a question for DarkWolf? I dont want this question fo come off at all sarcastic. But where do you find your motivation and inspiration to do God's will. Just wondering? Because church has been such a great inspiration and motivation for me. When I do not attend church for a while, I loose focus on Christ. But thats me, just wondering what your motivation is?
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 02:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkWolf

It seems like an easy question, with an easy, yes or no answer. The truth is, it's not so easy.

In a nutshell, I don't believe that the Bible is to be taken as absolute. I do believe that it is an important book. It provides us with valuable lessons, and insights. I don't feel it's a black or white issue (either you believe or you don't) ... I believe there is a gray area, in that I believe the bible is open for interpretation.

Now, obviously, there's much more to it, but that's about as concise as I can get with any explaination.
I have a questions for you as well DarkWolf. What gray area is there that you have read and found in the bible?

Let me know and I will respond!

Lee
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 03:09 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Originally posted by 281R
Just a question for DarkWolf? I dont want this question fo come off at all sarcastic. But where do you find your motivation and inspiration to do God's will. Just wondering? Because church has been such a great inspiration and motivation for me. When I do not attend church for a while, I loose focus on Christ. But thats me, just wondering what your motivation is?
It doesn't sound sarcastic at all. This is a perfect example of what I've always said ... everyone worships in their own way. It's not right to assume one way of worship will be right for everyone. You get inspiration by going to church, I get inspiration by the world around me, and the universe beyond that. I draw inspiration from many sources, one of which is the Bible, but it's not my only source of inspiration.

Quote:
Originally posted by speedpro50
I have a questions for you as well DarkWolf. What gray area is there that you have read and found in the bible?

Let me know and I will respond!

Lee
It's not something I've read in the Bible. It's just the way that I feel.

DarkWolf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement