Do you Forgive? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Kill u w kindness

Do you Forgive?

Do you Forgive? and If you do, how do you do it?

I just want to hear what ya'll have to say. Some different perspectives might help me figure this one out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.

Do I forgive who?
Posted via Mobile Device
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeperGTS View Post

I just want to hear what ya'll have to say. Some different perspectives might help me figure this one out.
Forgive? Yes. How do u do it? Tell her your putting it in her butt.

R, just R

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Rockin' da fumanchu

Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Yes. To not forgive holds me hostage in my anger to what ever wrong was done to me and lessens/cheapens the sacrifice that Christ made on the cross for all.

Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Kill u w kindness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Redneck View Post
Yes. To not forgive holds me hostage in my anger to what ever wrong was done to me and lessens/cheapens the sacrifice that Christ made on the cross for all.

Hmm ok, that's close to what I am looking for I think.

As far as sticking it in her butt I already did... I don't feel better, my dick stinks and she's bitching about her butt.

On a serious note, It's just a question in general. I am not trying to forgive one person, more of a wide scale type thing. Figuring out how to manage my anger a little better.

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Rockin' da fumanchu

Forgiving is a choice to release them/whomever from your want to exact revenge or punish. That does not mean there aren't consequences for their choices. If they lied, then trust has been broken and trust has to be rebuilt...

If you could be a lil more specific it would help. If you'd rather take it to PM's than air it out here, I understand.

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 11:36 AM
African Booty Scratcher

i forgive. at least until i can think of a way to get even and get away with it.

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Lifer

I forgive, but I don't forget!!

WHATEVER IT TAKES!!
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Lifer

I don't, screw me once, you can go to hell.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Kill u w kindness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
i forgive. at least until i can think of a way to get even and get away with it.

god bless.
This is what I am dealing with. You're not helping hehe.

Thank you to all for sharing your various perspectives. It sounds like more than acouple of us have issues with forgiving the various folks that wrong you in varying magnitudes. That helps to know I am not the only one.

I was broad on purpose to see what different folks had to say.

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Rockin' da fumanchu

http://www.allaboutlifechallenges.or...techniques.htm

If that helps you any.

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Kill u w kindness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Redneck View Post
Thank you, and it does. I'll pm you perhaps.

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 12:46 PM
BANNED

Yes I forgive. I move on in life when people anger or frustrate me. I try to see their side of the story or event that took place. I don't hold grudges and generally try to see the best in people.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Lifer

Don't get mad, get even.

I can forgive someone if I feel like they are sorry for what they did. Otherwise, fuck em.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 01:05 PM
BANNED

If people would learn to forgive we would not have so many people going to therapy and all anxiety medications because they can't let things go.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Kill u w kindness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangguy289 View Post
If people would learn to forgive we would not have so many people going to therapy and all anxiety medications because they can't let things go.
Yep, I dont want to be on meds so I am working it from this angle. Drugs are bad uhmmkay?

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 07:25 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangguy289 View Post

Remember when we forgave Germany for World War 1?
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 08:02 PM
The Medium Kabuki

Quote:

I forgive you for drinking all of my beer back in the day, and I forgive you for getting rid of your GTS.

For real though... I forgive most everyone if they are being honest with me, and their initial intentions were not malicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relinquished
tou must think i am dumb or returded
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldecharmoy
i know what a long block is and i know what a short block is
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 08:41 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
Remember when we forgave Germany for World War 1?
No, I was not alive then. LOL jk. I think he is meaning more along the lines of personal forgiveness... like between friends, family, and coworkers.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Lifer

Forgive, sometimes. Forget, no. I believe there are people that deserve no absolution.

Forgiveness is a complicated subject. It's supposed to be cathartic to do so, but I've found that's not always the case. However, life is too short to always be pissed off.

It's all up to the individual on how important and/or necessary this issue is. This is one issue that is not black and white. It's all gray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Kill u w kindness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny c View Post
I forgive you for drinking all of my beer back in the day, and I forgive you for getting rid of your GTS.

For real though... I forgive most everyone if they are being honest with me, and their initial intentions were not malicious
Thanks for your thoughts man. I know you have not sat on the sidelines and have probably had to forgive some over the years. I know you had to forgive Jeremy for the mustang.

It helps to get a response from someone I have actually met. I was at RR three weeks ago after staying away for 5 + years. The manager with the goatee and dark hair told me you were in Austin. We both agreed we miss you and had a drink in your name. Glad you made it back from "America's Cawk" (Florida).

Well, I will pray and ask for the grace to forgive. We'll see what happens. I have a feeling it will work and I am not sure why.

EDIT: I still have the GTS! You know you want it and it's for sale.

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 09:18 PM
The Medium Kabuki

Quote:
Thanks for your thoughts man. I know you have not sat on the sidelines and have probably had to forgive some over the years. I know you had to forgive Jeremy for the mustang.

It helps to get a response from someone I have actually met. I was at RR three weeks ago after staying away for 5 + years. The manager with the goatee and dark hair told me you were in Austin. We both agreed we miss you and had a drink in your name. Glad you made it back from "America's Cawk" (Florida).

Well, I will pray and ask for the grace to forgive. We'll see what happens. I have a feeling it will work and I am not sure why.

EDIT: I still have the GTS! You know you want it and it's for sale.

I want the GTS... I just don't have the $$. Well... scratch that... I have the $$, but I have a wife who said no.

I will give you a good example of me forgiving someone - I had a roommate in Denton (tall, redhead dude). He ducked out on me, after I paid all the bills for 6 months. He did a no show for his high school buddy's wedding he was in. I know he did not want to screw over his friends, but he was caught up in drinking/smoking too much. He also had a case of the "my childhood sucked syndrome" so it was always about him and how someone was out to get him.

A few DWI's later, a kid, and a stable job - he called all of the people he had screwed over and apologized years later. Funny thing is - now he lives 15 minutes away, and I hang out with him every so often. He never paid the $$. I told him he didn't have to, as long as he never lied to me and was just always trying his best to be a true friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relinquished
tou must think i am dumb or returded
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldecharmoy
i know what a long block is and i know what a short block is
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Kill u w kindness

No worries about the GTS, It was tongue in cheek. Why do you think I am finally getting rid of it? The wife and I have other plans, other cars and not enough parking.
I took it apart last week, kinda sad. I finally was able to get it running right and optimally, it was sweet. I have two different buyers lined up so we will see what happens. I still have the Fairmont so that has made it a bit easier to part ways with the primer'd beast.

Thanks again for the reply and the experience you shared. It is going to take some work for me. I have looked for EVERY option but forgiveness. Nothing has worked, so now I will try this. I am 33 and I have lived hard due to my inability to forgive. In all honesty, I am running out of time and have to get this right. I must be desperate if I am asking for insight on DFWS right? But this is a place with some other folks that have lived similar experiences and I know this. After all we all live fast in the DFW.

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 10:20 AM
Blessed

I always forgive. It is hard for me not to. Since Jesus died for me and forgave me for everything I have ever done, it is hard for me to not forgive someone for things are very small issues (when put in perspective). It gives me peace. Life is a lot harder with strife in your life. I have forgiven people for some pretty major things too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement