Protestant Snow Day??? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Question Protestant Snow Day???

I found it funny today while watching channel 8 news, they were running a list of church's that were canceling their Christmas Eve services because of the snow.

Every single one of them was Protestant.

Catholics and Episcopalians don't care about a little snow, get to church or face excommunication. LOL.

Just another reason Protestants are going to hell.

J/K.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Lifer

Good One , LOL

1/2 mile 9 turns 41.3 sec
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 10:18 PM
Pilgrim

The funny thing is your understanding of going to heaven based upon braving the elements, as if self sacrifice atoned for sin.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 11:53 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillystang View Post
The funny thing is your understanding of going to heaven based upon braving the elements, as if self sacrifice atoned for sin.
The church I was raised in for the first 17 years of my life made it a strong point to always let people know that if you weren't there every time you possibly could be, you were going to hell for it. Kinda like slavery or something, in a way. If you had to work that was kinda sorta ok, but you needed to be looking for a way to change your work schedule so that you could be there. If you had a relative in the hospital, you needed to go see that relative and be with the relative, but you also needed to really just try to do that when church wasn't going on, so that you could be in church when church was going on.

If you were sick, you needed to be very sick for it to be an excuse. You needed to be there every wednesday night, and every sunday morning and sunday night. If your child was sick you needed to just bring it anyway and use the child room which was separated by glass so people couldn't hear the kid screaming, but you could still listen to the sermon. **You WILL be here, you WILL listen to this, so you WILL be talked into giving money**. At least that's the only reason I can think of for a reason why. Typical church I guess, and one of many reasons why I just no longer attend church. If you just didn't want to go that time, that was a sin and you would go to hell for it.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 10:10 PM
Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
The church I was raised in for the first 17 years of my life made it a strong point to always let people know that if you weren't there every time you possibly could be, you were going to hell for it. Kinda like slavery or something, in a way. If you had to work that was kinda sorta ok, but you needed to be looking for a way to change your work schedule so that you could be there. If you had a relative in the hospital, you needed to go see that relative and be with the relative, but you also needed to really just try to do that when church wasn't going on, so that you could be in church when church was going on.

If you were sick, you needed to be very sick for it to be an excuse. You needed to be there every wednesday night, and every sunday morning and sunday night. If your child was sick you needed to just bring it anyway and use the child room which was separated by glass so people couldn't hear the kid screaming, but you could still listen to the sermon. **You WILL be here, you WILL listen to this, so you WILL be talked into giving money**. At least that's the only reason I can think of for a reason why. Typical church I guess, and one of many reasons why I just no longer attend church. If you just didn't want to go that time, that was a sin and you would go to hell for it.
Although attending Church is not meritorious in any way, I do believe that believers will desire to attend a group of like minded believers. Not doing so is in direct violation of Hebrews 10:25.

"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful; and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near."
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 02:27 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillystang View Post
Leave it to Phillystang to completely skip over the fact that this was a joke and jump right to the assumption that you believe that a person's performance gets them to heaven, spoiling the whole joke. This, once again, shows how incredibly dense and without a sense of humor Phillystang really is... Thanks for screwing up the joke, buddy.

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 02:42 PM
Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC View Post
Leave it to Phillystang to completely skip over the fact that this was a joke and jump right to the assumption that you believe that a person's performance gets them to heaven, spoiling the whole joke. This, once again, shows how incredibly dense and without a sense of humor Phillystang really is... Thanks for screwing up the joke, buddy.
Thanks for pointing that out Brian. Have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement