2012 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

There is a lot of controversy over the movie and beliefs that life on earth will end in 2012. If you have any knowledge of revelations, let me hear what you think. Me personally i believe its a muslim movie against christianity and god.

2003 Dodge Hemi 3.92 gears, Hypertech, Mandrel Bent Magnaflow exhaust, Volant Cold Air.

1993 Fox Body 4 Eye. 5.0 Conversion, Work in Progress.

My lugnuts require more torque than your honda makes

Im not sure which is first. Pigs fly, or this bankruptcy on wheels runs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Time Served

post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 03:37 PM
I hate ghetto niggers

I don't think its a muslim movie against Christianity and god... The director Roland Emmerich love disaster movies obviously so yeah. Plus the Mayans' weren't Muslim.

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

No the mayans werent, but every christian symbol falls. all muslim symbols are untouched. I have worked clean up on the last 3 major hurricanes in the gulf, and can assure you that chuches, crosses, etc were standing. all houses and building in the area were down, but churches stood.

2003 Dodge Hemi 3.92 gears, Hypertech, Mandrel Bent Magnaflow exhaust, Volant Cold Air.

post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Lifer

Wow, someone is reading WAYYYYY too much into this. Can we get a re-ban?
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

lol

post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 03:53 PM
Pushed to the limit

I am reading the Quran right now. When I get to the part that mentions that the movie 2012 will come true, I will post it up.

Buying dogs kills.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 12:40 AM

I didn't see one muslim on any of those boats. Christians FTMFW in the end game!
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 12:53 AM
Punk Ass Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboygr05 View Post
There is a lot of controversy over the movie and beliefs that life on earth will end in 2012. If you have any knowledge of revelations, let me hear what you think. Me personally i believe its a muslim movie against christianity and god.
you're retarded.

Quote:
No the mayans werent, but every christian symbol falls. all muslim symbols are untouched. I have worked clean up on the last 3 major hurricanes in the gulf, and can assure you that chuches, crosses, etc were standing. all houses and building in the area were down, but churches stood.
Im sure there were houses standing, im sure some churches fell. Dont try and fabricate BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevelandkid View Post
I didn't see one muslim on any of those boats. Christians FTMFW in the end game!
The end game will have nothing to do with what you believe in, It will come down to who is more wealthy and who has more power. Rather that person be Hindu, Jewish, Muslim or Catholic, Evangelical or Baptist, even Atheist, The Beliefs or non-beliefs will have not effect on the outcome on who will survive.. Unless the end of the world is not from natural disaster but from other religions producing mass genocide to take over and become dominant over the others. AKA New world order.

91 Coupe, off road h, underdrive pulleys, short belt with a/c, electric fans and 3.73s. 3060lbs. Daily driven 20mpg average.

All stock 91 coupe. Stang' Bangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I just want to smoke weed, be naked, and play video games.That is all.
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 07:24 AM
Lifer

Wealth will have nothing to do with it, and that's typical of a naive, small mind to think that. Power is everything.
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 09:11 AM
Banned

This thread reeks of ignorance.
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
This thread reeks of ignorance.
x2

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk View Post
Wealth will have nothing to do with it, and that's typical of a naive, small mind to think that. Power is everything.
In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

Buying dogs kills.
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 02:10 PM
Time Served

This thread sucks just about as much as the movie does.

2003 White GT
Current N/A Best
[email protected] (2-7-09)

BBk Headers and X-Pipe
Mac ProDumps
4.10 Gears, Eaton Diff and 31 spline axles
Diet (currently 2885 without me in it)
Everything else stock (paper filter even)

post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWTRTXSS View Post
In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.
I was posting with respect to the Book of Revelation, which details events in which money will have no influence.
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I was posting with respect to the Book of Revelation, which details events in which money will have no influence.
Tell that to Scarface.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Tell that to Scarface.
Biblical prophecies ain't got shit on Scarface!

EDIT: I understand that 2012 isn't a biblical prohecy. Funny thing is that it's not a prohecy at all. People are just retarded. Go read some Nostradamus or something.
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Factory Issue

Quote:
A muslim movie? Like the movie was the first time the year 2012 had been (extremely incorrectly) called the date of the Mayan apocalypse? It's the end of their calendar, after which it restarts. It has nothing to do with Christianity.

EDIT: ...or Islam!

Give me a dollar.

Last edited by Yale; 12-04-2009 at 01:35 AM.
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 11:47 AM
I got your Jihad!!

Quote:
EDIT: I understand that 2012 isn't a biblical prohecy. Funny thing is that it's not a prohecy at all. People are just retarded. Go read some Nostradamus or something.
x2

2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC
2005 Big Dog Chopper 117ci
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Lifer

What do the Freemasons say about 2012?
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSON View Post
What do the Freemasons say about 2012?
They said we would be attacked by a giant space duck. Don't believe me, look it up!
post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Lifer

I saw a large duck in a crowd on a football field a couple of nights ago on TV. Could this be a sign of impending doom?
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 08:17 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
They said we would be attacked by a giant space duck. Don't believe me, look it up!
I hope it's in season. All those shotgun toten' rednecks out in the fields with tin foil on their heads waiting for the big one.

post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 03:32 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Yeah they like to say it's the end of the world because of the mayan calendar. What they fail to mention is that another period begins right after that, on the mayan calender. Buncha bullshit. Yet another stupid movie that I won't be seeing, even when it comes on HBO. /thread.
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 04:25 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
Yeah they like to say it's the end of the world because of the mayan calendar. What they fail to mention is that another period begins right after that, on the mayan calender. Buncha bullshit. Yet another stupid movie that I won't be seeing, even when it comes on HBO. /thread.
Thank you for some real logic!!! Finally someone does their homework...

The world needs to wakeup on religion.. Try this on for size. Don't believe everything the TV tells you do your OWN research..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHiuaGJ46zo
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 01:27 PM
Lifer

sounds like bs.earth will end and you will know the signs.when the sky splits you better be on the side of god with your heart or your dust.

RON PAUL '08
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast83 View Post
sounds like bs.earth will end and you will know the signs.when the sky splits you better be on the side of god with your heart or your dust.
My dust?
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Time Served

2012 is based on historical anomaly, scientific fact and spiritual coincidence.

Don't argue with Idiots... They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience...

www.metroplexroof.com

[email protected]
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Time Served

"Then the third angel sounded;
And a great star fell from Heaven,
burning like a torch, and it fell
upon a third of the rivers and
on the springs of water,

"and the name of the star is
called Wormwood; and a third
of the waters became as worm-
wood; and many men died from
the water because it was made
bitter".
(Rev:8:10-11)

Don't argue with Idiots... They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience...

www.metroplexroof.com

[email protected]
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Time Served

The Book of Revelation (chapter 8) also speaks of A Comet that brings Great Destruction upon the world and trigger WW III. Revelation gives no date as to when this event will happen.

www.metroplexroof.com

[email protected]
post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 06:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98GT Blown View Post
The Book of Revelation (chapter 8) also speaks of A Comet that brings Great Destruction upon the world and trigger WW III. Revelation gives no date as to when this event will happen.
Or that's at least how somebody has translated at some point in time.
post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 09:20 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Or that's at least how somebody has translated at some point in time.
Revelation 8
The Seventh Seal and the Golden Censer
1When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.
2And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and to them were given seven trumpets.

3Another angel, who had a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense to offer, with the prayers of all the saints, on the golden altar before the throne. 4The smoke of the incense, together with the prayers of the saints, went up before God from the angel's hand. 5Then the angel took the censer, filled it with fire from the altar, and hurled it on the earth; and there came peals of thunder, rumblings, flashes of lightning and an earthquake.

The Trumpets
6Then the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared to sound them.
7The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down upon the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.

8The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, 9a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

10The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— 11the name of the star is Wormwood.[a] A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

12The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night.

13As I watched, I heard an eagle that was flying in midair call out in a loud voice: "Woe! Woe! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the trumpet blasts about to be sounded by the other three angels!"

www.metroplexroof.com

[email protected]
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Revelation 8
The Seventh Seal and the Golden Censer
1When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.
2And I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and to them were given seven trumpets.

3Another angel, who had a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense to offer, with the prayers of all the saints, on the golden altar before the throne. 4The smoke of the incense, together with the prayers of the saints, went up before God from the angel's hand. 5Then the angel took the censer, filled it with fire from the altar, and hurled it on the earth; and there came peals of thunder, rumblings, flashes of lightning and an earthquake.

The Trumpets
6Then the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared to sound them.
7The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down upon the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.

8The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, 9a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

10The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— 11the name of the star is Wormwood.[a] A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

12The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night.

13As I watched, I heard an eagle that was flying in midair call out in a loud voice: "Woe! Woe! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the trumpet blasts about to be sounded by the other three angels!"
Maybe I'm missing something but how does that have anything to do with WWIII being started by a falling comet?
post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 04:09 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Maybe I'm missing something but how does that have anything to do with WWIII being started by a falling comet?
Revelation 9
1The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. 2When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss. 3And out of the smoke locusts came down upon the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth. 4They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads. 5They were not given power to kill them, but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes a man. 6During those days men will seek death, but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.

7The locusts looked like horses prepared for battle. On their heads they wore something like crowns of gold, and their faces resembled human faces. 8Their hair was like women's hair, and their teeth were like lions' teeth. 9They had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the thundering of many horses and chariots rushing into battle. 10They had tails and stings like scorpions, and in their tails they had power to torment people for five months. 11They had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek, Apollyon.[a]

12The first woe is past; two other woes are yet to come.

13The sixth angel sounded his trumpet, and I heard a voice coming from the horns[b] of the golden altar that is before God. 14It said to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, "Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates." 15And the four angels who had been kept ready for this very hour and day and month and year were released to kill a third of mankind. 16The number of the mounted troops was two hundred million. I heard their number.

17The horses and riders I saw in my vision looked like this: Their breastplates were fiery red, dark blue, and yellow as sulfur. The heads of the horses resembled the heads of lions, and out of their mouths came fire, smoke and sulfur. 18A third of mankind was killed by the three plagues of fire, smoke and sulfur that came out of their mouths. 19The power of the horses was in their mouths and in their tails; for their tails were like snakes, having heads with which they inflict injury.

20The rest of mankind that were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood—idols that cannot see or hear or walk. 21Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.

www.metroplexroof.com

[email protected]
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Revelation 9
1The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. 2When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss. 3And out of the smoke locusts came down upon the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth. 4They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads. 5They were not given power to kill them, but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes a man. 6During those days men will seek death, but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.

7The locusts looked like horses prepared for battle. On their heads they wore something like crowns of gold, and their faces resembled human faces. 8Their hair was like women's hair, and their teeth were like lions' teeth. 9They had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the thundering of many horses and chariots rushing into battle. 10They had tails and stings like scorpions, and in their tails they had power to torment people for five months. 11They had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek, Apollyon.[a]

12The first woe is past; two other woes are yet to come.

13The sixth angel sounded his trumpet, and I heard a voice coming from the horns[b] of the golden altar that is before God. 14It said to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, "Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates." 15And the four angels who had been kept ready for this very hour and day and month and year were released to kill a third of mankind. 16The number of the mounted troops was two hundred million. I heard their number.

17The horses and riders I saw in my vision looked like this: Their breastplates were fiery red, dark blue, and yellow as sulfur. The heads of the horses resembled the heads of lions, and out of their mouths came fire, smoke and sulfur. 18A third of mankind was killed by the three plagues of fire, smoke and sulfur that came out of their mouths. 19The power of the horses was in their mouths and in their tails; for their tails were like snakes, having heads with which they inflict injury.

20The rest of mankind that were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood—idols that cannot see or hear or walk. 21Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.
Once again, what does any of this have to do with WWIII? Again, anything can be interpreted by anyone to be anything they desire if they want it badly enough.
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 12:16 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Cause people like to think (for some reason) that the end of the world will happen sometime in their lifetime. Even that the united states will have be somehow involved. I guess they think it gives their life some kind of significance or something. In reality though, given the long length of mankind's existence (and civilization's existence) it'll probly be thousands of years from now (if not longer) and the good ol US of A will probly be dust in the wind. Countries come and go all the time throughout history, this would be no change from the norm.
post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 06:52 AM
Lifer

Look the whole 2012 thing is just an Obama economic scheme so that people go out and buy, buy, buy again during his administration to help prop up our failed economy.......

Fucking movie sucked shit, had good special effects, i'm glad i got it for free....

85 SVO 2.7t coming soon
Old 438whp 1/8th??
Older 375whp [email protected]

We will never forget you WILD 42!
Friends I've Lost

Even if you make something dummy-proof, the world makes a better dummy.
post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 11:31 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
Cause people like to think (for some reason) that the end of the world will happen sometime in their lifetime. Even that the united states will have be somehow involved. I guess they think it gives their life some kind of significance or something. In reality though, given the long length of mankind's existence (and civilization's existence) it'll probly be thousands of years from now (if not longer) and the good ol US of A will probly be dust in the wind. Countries come and go all the time throughout history, this would be no change from the norm.
One constant that will never change however is the status of the Jewish people as God's chosen. They will not be going anywhere.
post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
One constant that will never change however is the status of the Jewish people as God's chosen. They will not be going anywhere.
Except the bank!
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 04:22 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

To quote Band of Brothers:
"The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead."

I'm pretty sure the Heaven's Gate crew is laughing it up on their rocketship too....
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 05:48 PM
Lifer

At least, unlike some of our modern-day radical Islamic clerics, Mr. Applewhite took himself out along with his followers instead of sitting safely on the sidelines while the rank and file perform the nitty-gritty work of suicide. I always liked one of his best-known aliases, "Do", pronounced "Doh" (using best Homer Simpson voice). How fitting......

Last edited by Mr Majestyk; 12-26-2009 at 07:51 PM.
post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 01:35 PM
Moved to dfw mustangs.net

Quote:
Except the bank!
Zing!
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Time Served

I haven't seen the movie. Don't care to. A director is one thing. A writer is another. If the writer is anti-Christian, pro-Muslim, you could see things like that in a movie written by them. But who knows? I have no opinion on the matter.

In regard to the 2012 Mayan calendar ending, this "end of the world" scenario isn't what the Mayans were expressing with a calendar which ends in that year. If you read up on what they believed, you'll noticed that they do not say the end of the world is coming. They were saying that the end of the age was coming and a new age would ensue.

They base their "ages" on what they believe is the cycle of a woman. It think it's a 2527 year cycle, or something like that. 2012 is the end of that cycle, and the beginning of a new cycle. There's no reason to believe something world changing will happen in 2012 besides us being relieved that Obama has been beaten by someone else and we don't have to put up with him anymore.

This is just like everyone that takes Revelation out of context. A total misunderstanding of the ancient Mayan culture.

And besides, it's in December when the end of their cycle comes, in 2012, but Jesus said He would return on the last trumpet of the Feast of Trumpets (but did not say what year, just gave the time period of one lifespan after Israel becomes a nation again).

If one understands ancient Hebrew sayings, they'll understand that the Feast of Trumpets is the only feast which was started by the new moon, which back then, no one was aware of when the new moon would appear. Therefore, when someone would ask, "When does the Feast of Trumpets start?" the answer was, "No man knows the day but the Father in heaven". Hense Jesus and Paul using that saying upon being asked when Jesus will return. There are 100 trumpets blown on that day, and the last one is known as "the last trumpet". That's evening time for Jews, and morning time for Americans. Paul said that Jesus would come as a theif in the night to those in darkness, but that we are children of the light so that that day will not take us by surprize, and that we will know the times and the seasons (that's another one of their sayings which refers to the feasts). Jews could probably interpret our prophecies better than we can. LOL The first Christians were Messianic Jews, and Jesus was a Jew, so, it makes sense.

Revelation is completely misunderstood and misinterpreted.

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon99 View Post
To quote Band of Brothers:

That show was lame and overly sappy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement