Now they're saying he didn't even exist... ROFL - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 06:10 AM Thread Starter
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
Now they're saying he didn't even exist... ROFL

http://www.thegodmovie.com/?gclid=CL...FSDxDAodBSaMQQ


So basically they are saying that our whole...er well, I guess.. system of time, was developed for no reason. You know, how we have the year 2009, cause it's like 2009 years after his death, or some such. I love the way some people just like to assume that everyone in the past was totally illogical and indeed quite stupid. See, before that, they had there own little system of time. So back then, whenever the hell they actually changed it, you would have to convince everyone, that it needed to be changed. And do all this, on the basis of a man who never existed! Now, I can see why we would have the old debate about "Was he who he said he was? Or was he just a very wise man?" Basically, does god exist and all that. But to say that he didn't even exist at all, just sounds retarded. Reminds me of those dopes that will claim that vietnam never actually happened. So was buddah not real either? Or perhaps he was just a fanciful dream as well? LOL Just goes to show how far these supposed atheists will go, to deny something they fear and don't understand. It's really sad.
justinsn95 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 06:41 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
The Jews maintained a meticulous oral history of their people and times, both the good and the bad, all without "dazzling motion graphics or a driving soundtrack" LOL.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
I talked to a guy who had seen it, and he said that it also stated that there is evidence (impossible, really) that when he walked on water, that it was actually ice. Yeah, everyone back then was completely and utterly stupid. They would not have been able to tell the difference between water and ice. That explains how the human race has lasted this long! Please, atheists... please at least try to add sensible stuff the to debate. Not this garbage..
justinsn95 is offline  
 
post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Banned
 
poopnut2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Fence
Posts: 20,196
AD doesn't mean after death BTW. AD began when Jesus was supposedly born. It would be a lot easier to give credit to his followers if they knew what they were talking about. Majestyk not included in that statement. Some of the christians on this site are very smart and respectable. Some aren't.
poopnut2 is offline  
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 02:10 PM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Just to help out.

Question: "What is the meaning of BC and AD (B.C. and A.D.)?"

Answer: It is commonly thought that BC stands for "before Christ" and AD stands for "after death." This is only half correct. How could the year 1 B.C. have been "before Christ" and 1 A.D. been "after death"? BC does stand for "before Christ." AD actually stands for the Latin phrase "anno domini" which means "in the year of our Lord." The B.C. / A.D. dating system is not taught in the Bible. It actually was not fully implemented and accepted until several centuries after Jesus' death.

It is interesting to note that the purpose of the BC / AD dating system was to make the birth of Jesus Christ the dividing point of world history. However, when the B.C. / A.D. system was being calculated, they actually made a mistake in pinpointing the year of Jesus' birth. Scholars later discovered that Jesus was actually born in around 4-6 BC, not 1 AD.
Nate is offline  
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 02:58 PM
v2004 rebooted.
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 30,955
I think you're pretty stupid to think atheists fear god. In fact, I've had a handful of Christians in my life tell me they would rather believe than not believe and be wrong. I've even seen it on bumper stickers: "If You Don't Believe In God: YOU BETTER BE RIGHT!!!!" Tell me how someone not believing in something means they fear it? For instance: I don't believe I've seen you have a worthwhile arguement since someone lit the string on your tampon a month or so ago and you decided you were the new Einstein on any given subject. This does not mean I fear getting into an arguement with you. Quite the opposite, actually.
talisman is offline  
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 09:03 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
I think you're pretty stupid to think atheists fear god. In fact, I've had a handful of Christians in my life tell me they would rather believe than not believe and be wrong. I've even seen it on bumper stickers: "If You Don't Believe In God: YOU BETTER BE RIGHT!!!!" Tell me how someone not believing in something means they fear it? For instance: I don't believe I've seen you have a worthwhile arguement since someone lit the string on your tampon a month or so ago and you decided you were the new Einstein on any given subject. This does not mean I fear getting into an arguement with you. Quite the opposite, actually.
Such a person is not a Christian in my opinion. They mistakenly think "hedging their bet" by claiming to believe in God and following religious dogma is sufficient to gain themselves a part in the coming Kingdom. Totally self-serving in my view. God knows what is written on a person's heart, and whether they truly believe in Him or are only acting like they do.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 09:21 AM
v2004 rebooted.
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 30,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk View Post
Such a person is not a Christian in my opinion. They mistakenly think "hedging their bet" by claiming to believe in God and following religious dogma is sufficient to gain themselves a part in the coming Kingdom. Totally self-serving in my view. God knows what is written on a person's heart, and whether they truly believe in Him or are only acting like they do.


Holy crap, we agree!
talisman is offline  
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Banned
 
DOHCTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Waco
Posts: 5,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Just to help out.

Question: "What is the meaning of BC and AD (B.C. and A.D.)?"

Answer: It is commonly thought that BC stands for "before Christ" and AD stands for "after death." This is only half correct. How could the year 1 B.C. have been "before Christ" and 1 A.D. been "after death"? BC does stand for "before Christ." AD actually stands for the Latin phrase "anno domini" which means "in the year of our Lord." The B.C. / A.D. dating system is not taught in the Bible. It actually was not fully implemented and accepted until several centuries after Jesus' death.

It is interesting to note that the purpose of the BC / AD dating system was to make the birth of Jesus Christ the dividing point of world history. However, when the B.C. / A.D. system was being calculated, they actually made a mistake in pinpointing the year of Jesus' birth. Scholars later discovered that Jesus was actually born in around 4-6 BC, not 1 AD.

BC and AD tell a scholar that you don't know jack about history or historiographical trends. It is more proper these days use BCE and CE. I have yet to have a professor who uses the elementary "AD/BC" notations.

And as far calculating exact dates, be sure to factor in the calender change from the Julian to the Gregorian.




And for the record I fully believe that Jesus existed. This is seldom disputed unless some dumbass historian is trying to get tenure by being radical and postmodern.
DOHCTR is offline  
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 12:42 PM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
Calender change?



Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Fort Worth
Posts: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk View Post
Such a person is not a Christian in my opinion. They mistakenly think "hedging their bet" by claiming to believe in God and following religious dogma is sufficient to gain themselves a part in the coming Kingdom. Totally self-serving in my view. God knows what is written on a person's heart, and whether they truly believe in Him or are only acting like they do.
Exactly true. Wearing the team colors does nothing. Doing good works does nothing. Where you turn to in good times and bad is what counts.

2003 Torch Red Mach 1 (Almost moddin' time!)
1970 Fastback (Ready for paint!)
HORSPLA is offline  
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Banned
 
DOHCTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Waco
Posts: 5,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
Calender change?

please pardon my spelling error
DOHCTR is offline  
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 02:27 PM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
please pardon my spelling error
No.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
I think you're pretty stupid to think atheists fear god. In fact, I've had a handful of Christians in my life tell me they would rather believe than not believe and be wrong. I've even seen it on bumper stickers: "If You Don't Believe In God: YOU BETTER BE RIGHT!!!!" Tell me how someone not believing in something means they fear it? For instance: I don't believe I've seen you have a worthwhile arguement since someone lit the string on your tampon a month or so ago and you decided you were the new Einstein on any given subject. This does not mean I fear getting into an arguement with you. Quite the opposite, actually.
Man. For a pot, you sure like to call a kettle black. Obviously calling someone stupid is only an opinion. (referring to the other thread i started) I can call someone stupid all day long and it will never make it true. I can kinda see why so many people here seem to hate your guts. Not that I do, mind you. Cause I just couldn't care less. As for the tampon comment: What do you want me to do? In every argument, whichever side I take, say "In my very very very humble opinion" first? Do you do that? Hell no. And I'm not saying that all "atheists" fear, just the ones who feel the need to constantly attack religion, as if trying to convince themselves of something. Even if you are not one of these, I am sure you know the type. Of which there are many.
justinsn95 is offline  
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 03:39 PM
v2004 rebooted.
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 30,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
Man. For a pot, you sure like to call a kettle black. Obviously calling someone stupid is only an opinion. (referring to the other thread i started) I can call someone stupid all day long and it will never make it true.
This is the second time you've created a thread in as many weeks making a broad generalization about Atheists being "stupid." My opinion is that you are stupid, not because you're a Christian, but because you paint these broad generalizations, then are immediatly snowed under with counter proof that you chose to flatly ignore and go about posting how you are right in the face of facts. This thread, your other in here, and the War on Terror never ending pot thread. in 2 weeks you've managed to conclusivly prove that you couldn't argue your way out of a piss soaked paper sack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
I can kinda see why so many people here seem to hate your guts.
Oh gee whiz, and here I was going for the "Guy Everybody Likes of the Year 2009 Award."

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
Not that I do, mind you. Cause I just couldn't care less. As for the tampon comment: What do you want me to do? In every argument, whichever side I take, say "In my very very very humble opinion" first? Do you do that? Hell no.
It isn't my fault you've gone into 3 outright moronic arguements in the last couple of weeks. They have been so dense I haven't even bothered getting into them because of your circular "logic," that doesn't seem to contain any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
And I'm not saying that all "atheists" fear, just the ones who feel the need to constantly attack religion, as if trying to convince themselves of something. Even if you are not one of these, I am sure you know the type. Of which there are many.
Sure I do. I'd love to throw 5.0 SVO off the Atheist bus, or even in front of it if given a chance. However starting threads with blanket opening statements like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
I wanted to address this idea that the typically stupid atheists have these days.
it is obvious that you have plenty of thoughts that DO encompass ALL Atheists. That's fine. I've got plenty of thoughts that can easily be dispatched on a whim to fit all christians. The difference between you and I is when I start a thread looking for a fight, I don't get all pussyhurt when 10 people inadvertantly stomp on my throat about it if I don't know what the hell I'm talking about in the first place.

Funny you say atheists "fear" christianity(what, might I ask, would they be afraid of? Do you believe in Santa Claus? No? Does that mean you are afraid of him? I hope not, but I'm beyond giving you the benefit of the doubt)because they "attack it." Since you've got this newfound vendetta against atheists, I've got to ask. Why do you fear them?
talisman is offline  
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 03:55 PM
v2004 rebooted.
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 30,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
Man. For a pot, you sure like to call a kettle black. Obviously calling someone stupid is only an opinion. (referring to the other thread i started) I can call someone stupid all day long and it will never make it true.



Sidenote: This is hardly a pot/kettle scenario. Once again, the difference between you and I is: You hear an Atheist say something you don't agree with, so you say all Atheists are stupid. I hear you, a christian, say something I don't agree with. I call YOU stupid. NOT all christians. See how that works?
talisman is offline  
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Banned
 
DOHCTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Waco
Posts: 5,539
Vote Talisman for moderator of the theology corner!
DOHCTR is offline  
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
It doesn't need a moderator, but if it did he would be as good as anyone for the job.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
This is the second time you've created a thread in as many weeks making a broad generalization about Atheists being "stupid." My opinion is that you are stupid, not because you're a Christian, but because you paint these broad generalizations, then are immediatly snowed under with counter proof that you chose to flatly ignore and go about posting how you are right in the face of facts. This thread, your other in here, and the War on Terror never ending pot thread. in 2 weeks you've managed to conclusivly prove that you couldn't argue your way out of a piss soaked paper sack.
I'm glad you follow my career with such enthusiasm! Oh and please cite something that was "snowed under" with counter proof lol. What would that be? Me not offering any is a damn sight different than being "snowed under with counter proof", so please be specific. Not to mention that I could care less about impressing you with being able to win the trophy for the debate team. Please don't assume that I could ever give a pile a dog shit about what you think of me. You and I have never, and will never meet, so you're just like any other dog dick I've ever argued with here.


Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
It isn't my fault you've gone into 3 outright moronic arguements in the last couple of weeks. They have been so dense I haven't even bothered getting into them because of your circular "logic," that doesn't seem to contain any.
Not a pot/ kettle scenario, huh? Sorry sir, but this kinda makes it look like you yourself, have never, in all your massive post count, gotten into what anyone might consider to be a "moronic argument. I smells a little hypocrisy, I do.



Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
It is obvious that you have plenty of thoughts that DO encompass ALL Atheists. That's fine. I've got plenty of thoughts that can easily be dispatched on a whim to fit all christians. The difference between you and I is when I start a thread looking for a fight, I don't get all pussyhurt when 10 people inadvertantly stomp on my throat about it if I don't know what the hell I'm talking about in the first place.
Yeah, that was a broad generalization. And yeah, you guessed it, I was looking for a fight. As I'm sure you have noticed, I like to come on here and argue and talk shit. It's fun. You don't get to do it in real life, if your any kind of real human being, anyway. Don't act like you don't enjoy doing it as well, or at least that you didn't in the past. I have read many a thread that says otherwise. I'll also have to ask you to cite something again. Please point out where I got "pussyhurt". You can't. I knew full well when I started all that thread that I was likely opening a can of worms. Therefore, "pussyhurt" wasn't really a possibility for me. Plus no one came in there and "throat stomped" my argument about how it's impossible for the entire world to be set back 1000 years by 1 localized religion. Not just because I was right, but I also had plenty of other people who chimed in saying it was bogus as well. I don't know which thread you were reading...


Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
Funny you say atheists "fear" christianity(what, might I ask, would they be afraid of? Do you believe in Santa Claus? No? Does that mean you are afraid of him? I hope not, but I'm beyond giving you the benefit of the doubt)because they "attack it." Since you've got this newfound vendetta against atheists, I've got to ask. Why do you fear them?
I don't fear them at all. There is nothing to fear from them, except for their tendency (at least in my own personal experience) towards liberalism. Or liberals tend towards atheism. Whatever. Point is, why would I fear an atheist, which is someone I view to be typically a know-it-all that isn't open minded enough to even consider religion? I actually have given honest consideration to atheism, and found it came up lacking. So to me, (and as some of them have demonstrated) it does actually look like they have something to fear. I mean, religion isn't really one of those things that you can just sort of blow off.

For example: If someone tells you something, that you know for a cold hard fact is wrong, it's easy to blow them off and just totally put them out of your mind. Like if someone told me it's wrong that I own a gun, and it would be wrong for me to defend my own life, (such as some liberals might do), then I know that mentality is wrong. Everyone should value their own life enough to defend it. Well, religion isn't really like that. Even if you are an atheist, there will always be that sort of... question in the back of your mind. And then on top of that you will have all these people of the world telling you that you do in fact have something to fear if you don't take on some religion or another. That's where I get the idea that most of them actually, in some subconscious way, do have something to fear from religion. Cause anyone is going to ask themselves from time to time in their life "What does it all mean"? "Why am I here"?

Last edited by justinsn95; 11-01-2009 at 08:51 PM.
justinsn95 is offline  
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 09:17 PM
v2004 rebooted.
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 30,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
I'm glad you follow my career with such enthusiasm! Oh and please cite something that was "snowed under" with counter proof lol. What would that be? Me not offering any is a damn sight different than being "snowed under with counter proof", so please be specific. Not to mention that I could care less about impressing you with being able to win the trophy for the debate team. Please don't assume that I could ever give a pile a dog shit about what you think of me. You and I have never, and will never meet, so you're just like any other dog dick I've ever argued with.




Not a pot/ kettle scenario, huh? Sorry sir, but this kinda makes it look like you yourself, have never, in all your massive post count, gotten into what anyone might consider to be a "moronic argument. I smells a little hypocrisy, I do.





Yeah, that was a broad generalization. And yeah, you guessed it, I was looking for a fight. As I'm sure you have noticed, I like to come on here and argue and talk shit. It's fun. You don't get to do it in real life, if your any kind of real human being, anyway. Don't act like you don't enjoy doing it as well, or at least that you didn't in the past. I have read many a thread that says otherwise.




I don't fear them at all. There is nothing to fear from them, except for their tendency (at least in my own personal experience) towards liberalism. Or liberals tend towards atheism. Whatever. Point is, why would I fear an atheist, which is someone I view to be typically a know-it-all that isn't open minded enough to even consider religion? I actually have given honest consideration to atheism, and found it came up lacking. So to me, (and as some of them have demonstrated) it does actually look like they have something to fear. I mean, religion isn't really one of those things that you can just sort of blow off.

For example: If someone tells you something, that you know for a cold hard fact is wrong, it's easy to blow them off and just totally put them out of your mind. Like if someone told me it's wrong that I own a gun, and it would be wrong for me to defend my own life, (such as some liberals might do), then I know that mentality is wrong. Everyone should value their own life enough to defend it. Well, religion isn't really like that. Even if you are an atheist, there will always be that sort of... question in the back of your mind. And then on top of that you will have all these people of the world telling you that you do in fact have something to fear if you don't take on some religion or another. That's where I get the idea that most of them actually, in some subconscious way, do have something to fear from religion. Cause anyone is going to ask themselves from time to time in their life "What does it all mean"? "Why am I here"?
I'm following your dfwstangs career, but then you go on to say how you have read many threads involving me? What is this intended to do, inflate your little ego, as if I'm following you around? Not sure where you're going with that.

We'll never meet? Once again, what does that have to do with anything? Does this help further your arguement in some way? No. You have a hard time sticking to the point, which is another reason you suck at this whole debate thing. And just as an aside since you're interesting in going off tangents, in 7 years I've bumped into quite a few people that post on this site in regular daily life, not even at GTGs or meets. If you think I'm much different in person than I am on here, feel free to talk to anyone that knows me and they will quickly disavow you of that notion. I'm glad though that YOU come onto the interweb to be different because you are incapable of being who you want to be in real life. Speaks volumes of your character, or lack thereof.

What makes you think that an Atheist hasn't "considered religion?" Are you seriously that stupid? They just decided to be Atheists with no thought process or the culmination of their ENTIRE life experience behind them; they just on a whim decided to be Atheist, I don't know, because it was the cool thing to do? Have you ever taken a sociology, psychology, or even world religion class? If not, have you ever just cracked a book pertaining to any of them? Oh wait. In the other thread you said that burning books wasn't a big deal. I almost forgot. Perfect.

In sumnation, you sound like an imbecil. You give no one credit for their opinion, nor do you even bother to listen to them. Anyone that doesn't agree with you is automaticly wrong, no matter how staggering the evidence to the contrary. You're a peabrained self agrandizing dipshit that likes to pontificate about things you have no grasp of to help you overcome your massive inferiority complex.

Do everyone a favor and stop starting new threads. The human race has an uphill battle as it is and doesn't need it's collective IQ continually brought down every time you up your post count.
talisman is offline  
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Colorado Dreamin'
 
Chili's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Clueless, Texas
Posts: 13,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
.
Psst.. Argue or argument.

90 Bronco

When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story. - Barney Stinson

A lie is a great story that someone ruined with the truth. - Barney Stinson
Chili is offline  
post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Lifer
 
Avery'sDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Red Oak
Posts: 1,509
talisman, you rock.

I grew up with religion and believing in god. It was the thing to do. Around 20 or so I started to question the validity. At first I seemed to have a little bit of inner guilt for even questioning such a thing. And if it weren't true then this world would be less of what it is and I wouldn't feel so special. Slowly over time, after "awakening" by actually using logic instead of blindly following others opinions, I realize more and more how unique and valuable my life is and I don't need to waste it believing in something that doesn't exist because it is the thing to do. The ability to go from believing to starting to question religion is harder to do than you think and being an atheist is a hard thing to do. Especially when you know everyone in your family believes. The concept of saying that you think the ones who influenced you your whole life are wrong is very hard to overcome. The concept of god itself comes from our genetic programming to have a leader in life, such as president, emperor, etc. Since the fear of not knowing is so great, one wants to mirror death as something that is the same as life. Do you really want to be a slave to some commander in chief in death forever?
Avery'sDad is offline  
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Fort Worth
Posts: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
...no matter how staggering the evidence to the contrary.
Reference to said evidence?

2003 Torch Red Mach 1 (Almost moddin' time!)
1970 Fastback (Ready for paint!)
HORSPLA is offline  
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Lifer
 
Avery'sDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Red Oak
Posts: 1,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORSPLA View Post
Reference to said evidence?
Evidence
Avery'sDad is offline  
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
That's really staggering, in a retarded sort way
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 04:20 PM
v2004 rebooted.
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 30,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORSPLA View Post
Reference to said evidence?



Read any of the threads I mentioned, it really doesn't need to be rehashed all over again.
talisman is offline  
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
I'm following your dfwstangs career, but then you go on to say how you have read many threads involving me? What is this intended to do, inflate your little ego, as if I'm following you around? Not sure where you're going with that.

We'll never meet? Once again, what does that have to do with anything? Does this help further your arguement in some way? No. You have a hard time sticking to the point, which is another reason you suck at this whole debate thing. And just as an aside since you're interesting in going off tangents, in 7 years I've bumped into quite a few people that post on this site in regular daily life, not even at GTGs or meets. If you think I'm much different in person than I am on here, feel free to talk to anyone that knows me and they will quickly disavow you of that notion. I'm glad though that YOU come onto the interweb to be different because you are incapable of being who you want to be in real life. Speaks volumes of your character, or lack thereof.

What makes you think that an Atheist hasn't "considered religion?" Are you seriously that stupid? They just decided to be Atheists with no thought process or the culmination of their ENTIRE life experience behind them; they just on a whim decided to be Atheist, I don't know, because it was the cool thing to do? Have you ever taken a sociology, psychology, or even world religion class? If not, have you ever just cracked a book pertaining to any of them? Oh wait. In the other thread you said that burning books wasn't a big deal. I almost forgot. Perfect.

In sumnation, you sound like an imbecil. You give no one credit for their opinion, nor do you even bother to listen to them. Anyone that doesn't agree with you is automaticly wrong, no matter how staggering the evidence to the contrary. You're a peabrained self agrandizing dipshit that likes to pontificate about things you have no grasp of to help you overcome your massive inferiority complex.

Do everyone a favor and stop starting new threads. The human race has an uphill battle as it is and doesn't need it's collective IQ continually brought down every time you up your post count.
As you seem to have little to no reading comprehension, and can only resort to child like name calling, I'll try to keep this simple enough for you to understand. I guess I'll try a question. It'll be in reference to my point about how you can come to a forum and argue like you couldn't in real life. Do you talk to and argue with your boss the way you do here? Please quit lying and trying to act like one of the "keeping it real" fags. Do you do this with your co-workers, or anyone who may be unfortunate enough to be in a relationship with you? If so... let me guess. Your unemployed, and you got no woman. Am I right? You're a joke, dude. Clown shoes. (I'll play the hypocrisy card, like you do. By name calling.) You come on here and pathetically try to bust someone down, then fail miserably at it by trying to say that I "evade the question" or whatever the fuck, when I answer it directly. How ignorant are you? And I hope you don't mind, but yeah, I like all this so much that I am even enjoying arguing with you. So keep trying your best, but just know that it'll never be good enough. I get too much of a kick out of it as it is.

And I'm soooo sorry that I hurt your little boy feelings by saying what I believe in, as do many others here, since I know you'll predictably try to say that I am somehow alone in my beliefs of religion and conservatism. Cause I mean hey, its me believing in them, right? And I'm somehow different, and I have no point and blah blah blah yawn...It's so easy to predict your type.

Last edited by justinsn95; 11-02-2009 at 04:37 PM.
justinsn95 is offline  
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 04:37 PM
v2004 rebooted.
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 30,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
As you seem to have little to no reading comprehension, and can only resort to child like name calling, I'll try to keep this simple enough for you to understand. I guess I'll try a question. It'll be in reference to my point about how you can come to a forum and argue like you couldn't in real life. Do you talk to and argue with your boss the way you do here? Do you do so with your co-workers, or anyone who may be unfortunate enough to be in a relationship with you? If so... let me guess. Your unemployed, and you got no woman. Am I right? You're a joke, dude. Clown shoes. (I'll play the hypocrisy card, like you do. By name calling.) You come on here and pathetically try to bust someone down, then fail miserably at it by trying to say that I "evade the question" or whatever the fuck, when I answer it directly. How ignorant are you? And I hope you don't mind, but yeah, I like all this so much that I am even enjoying arguing with you. So keep trying your best, but just know that it'll never be good enough. I get too much of a kick out of it as it is.


Not that I should answer any of your questions because you have yet to really tackle any of mine, but the answers are so simple I might as well.

1. No, I do not talk to my boss this way. He is not a fucking idiot, and therefore doesn't require it. If he did, he wouldn't be employed as my boss.

2. I've worked at the same company since 1998.

3. My wife is RedlilPony on here. We've been together 5 years. See response #1 to see how she handles being married to me.

4. Do I talk to my coworkers like this? Sometimes I have to. It's part of being the boss. If I have to do it more than once or twice they are replaced, as.... for rest of answer, see response to question #1.

Anything else? Maybe it would help me comprehend you a little better if you could figure out how a goddamned paragraph works. Now it's your turn. Respond to my questions from the previous quote.
talisman is offline  
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 04:40 PM
v2004 rebooted.
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 30,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
And I'm soooo sorry that I hurt your little boy feelings by saying what I believe in, as do many others here, since I know you'll predictably try to say that I am somehow alone in my beliefs of religion and conservatism. Cause I mean hey, its me believing in them, right? And I'm somehow different, and I have no point and blah blah blah yawn...It's so easy to predict your type.



Ah yes, my type. You like to put everyone in a little box. It helps you keep the world you live in much more organized.

You believe Athiests are stupid? Really? Why is that? I mean an entire group of people just dumb because they don't believe what you do? That kind of honesty is inspiring.
talisman is offline  
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
1. No, I do not talk to my boss this way. He is not a fucking idiot, and therefore doesn't require it. If he did, he wouldn't be employed as my boss.
That's what I thought. So you can go ahead and retract your whole -insufficient character- argument now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
2. I've worked at the same company since 1998.
Err.. ok? Unless you were referring to my guess at your unemployment, which was related to the "character" stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
3. My wife is RedlilPony on here. We've been together 5 years. See response #1 to see how she handles being married to me.
And so you talk to her the way that you do me, or anyone else you may get into it with on here? If so, I would love to see a vid of her reactions. They would be priceless. If not, then admit it. You come on here to blow off some steam, and cause you like to argue. I do. And if you actually do... sheesh man. I feel sorry for her, and all I can say is you got a sad day coming when she finally gets tired of your shit. I seen it happen before...


Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
4. Do I talk to my coworkers like this? Sometimes I have to. It's part of being the boss. If I have to do it more than once or twice they are replaced, as.... for rest of answer, see response to question #1.
Seriously guy. If you talk to them the way you and I exchange words, you might want to go ahead start looking into the whole religion thing, so you can pray they never bring a recorder to the workplace and sue/have you fired so fast that your head actually spins off your neck. I don't know where you work, but there are laws about what you can say to an employee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
Anything else? Maybe it would help me comprehend you a little better if you could figure out how a goddamned paragraph works. Now it's your turn. Respond to my questions from the previous quote.
Much like a typo, or a misspelled word, who cares about a paragraph being not quite right. What are you an english teacher or something?

As for why I think atheists are stupid... all right. I think they are so narrow minded, that they either become stupid, or already were. As a mere man who will live and die in a fraction of a second (in the grand scheme of things) how could anyone be narrow minded enough to say that an all powerful being does not exist? I mean, we are talking about something that is all powerful, right? Well, being all powerful, wouldn't it be well within it's power to shield itself from prying eyes? They are just so absolute. "There is no god. There never was. There couldn't be. Cause my teacher at the college told me so." And really, science is still too limited to figure out all the extensive inner workings of the universe. Can we at least do that, before we just make these giant assumptions about something that (in theory) no one could even understand?

Last edited by justinsn95; 11-02-2009 at 05:05 PM.
justinsn95 is offline  
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 04:58 PM
v2004 rebooted.
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 30,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
That's what I fucking thought. So you can go ahead and retract your whole "character" nonsense now.



Err.. ok? Unless you were referring to my guess at your unemployment, which was related to the whole character crap.



And so you talk to her the way that you do me, or anyone else you may get into it with on here? If so, I would love to see a vid of her reactions. They would be priceless. If not, then admit it. You come on here to blow off some steam, and cause you like to argue. I do. And if you actually do... sheesh man. I feel sorry for her, and all I can say is you got a sad day coming when she finally gets tired of your shit. I seen it happen before...




Seriously guy. If you talk to them the way you and I exchange words, you might want to go ahead start looking into the whole religion thing, so you can pray they never bring a recorder to the workplace and sue/have you fired so fast that your head actually spins off your neck. I don't know where you work, but there are laws about what you can say to an employee.



Semantics. Much like a typo, or a misspelled word, who gives a flying fuck about a paragraph being not quite right. What are you a fucking english teacher or something?

As for why I think atheists are stupid... all right. I think they are so narrow minded, that they either become stupid, or already were.



You really don't understand anything at all, do you? I mean seriously, my post was pretty simple and you really couldn't figure it out?

As for a paragraph, I thought I'd return your own arguement style to you. You know, bring up 20 things that don't have anything to do with the original conversation to deflect that you don't even have a defined thought process of your own.

"I don't agree with them, so they are dumb." I've got to hand it to you, Oppenheimer. I'm sure you lead a pretty easy and carefree life.
talisman is offline  
post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 04:59 PM
v2004 rebooted.
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 30,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
Cause my teacher at the college told me so."


What college did you go to?
talisman is offline  
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
You really don't understand anything at all, do you? I mean seriously, my post was pretty simple and you really couldn't figure it out?

As for a paragraph, I thought I'd return your own arguement style to you. You know, bring up 20 things that don't have anything to do with the original conversation to deflect that you don't even have a defined thought process of your own.

"I don't agree with them, so they are dumb." I've got to hand it to you, Oppenheimer. I'm sure you lead a pretty easy and carefree life.
Er, I answered each question directly, you can see them right under each of yours...

As for education: Community college, then a government pell funded 3 year stretch at UTA, (not rich, couldn't afford to just pay it myself) then community college again. Mechanical engineering and computer science. I know, I know, nothing I could have taken would "qualify" me to be able to argue philosophy with... hell I don't know someone who did take it. I'll not argue against that. I'll also not argue against the fact that UTA isn't considered a top school for such studies. But hell, this is all really just speculation anyway. What did you take, and what is your degree in?

Last edited by justinsn95; 11-02-2009 at 05:21 PM.
justinsn95 is offline  
post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Fort Worth
Posts: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
Read any of the threads I mentioned, it really doesn't need to be rehashed all over again.
Is this evidence of his ignorance or evidence there is no God?

2003 Torch Red Mach 1 (Almost moddin' time!)
1970 Fastback (Ready for paint!)
HORSPLA is offline  
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 06:25 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
And so you talk to her the way that you do me, or anyone else you may get into it with on here? If so, I would love to see a vid of her reactions. They would be priceless. If not, then admit it. You come on here to blow off some steam, and cause you like to argue. I do. And if you actually do... sheesh man. I feel sorry for her, and all I can say is you got a sad day coming when she finally gets tired of your shit. I seen it happen before...
If I could interject for a second, reread what he said (to question 3) and tell me if that is still your response. I think this highlights your inability to read quite well.
exlude is offline  
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude View Post
If I could interject for a second, reread what he said (to question 3) and tell me if that is still your response. I think this highlights your inability to read quite well.
Yeah. Or, it could represent your lack of understanding that meanings don't always come across forums well, what with the lack of important such as facial expressions and body language. But I wouldn't expect you to take anything like that into account. Do yourself a favor and ex-clude yourself from the conversation.
justinsn95 is offline  
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORSPLA View Post
Is this evidence of his ignorance or evidence there is no God?
It's evidence of nothing, LOL. What exactly do you mean by this? I guess it's evidence of his unwillingness to rehash, which I guess I share... but other than that, your post makes sense... how?
justinsn95 is offline  
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 07:43 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
Yeah. Or, it could represent your lack of understanding that meanings don't always come across forums well, what with the lack of important such as facial expressions and body language. But I wouldn't expect you to take anything like that into account. Do yourself a favor and ex-clude yourself from the conversation.
So are you saying that you would keep your original response? Or that you missunderstood him?


On another note: Why do you so adamantly refuse to answer simple questions simply? My original post in this thread was a yes or no question.
exlude is offline  
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Lifer
 
tenacious j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: arlington
Posts: 2,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post

As for why I think atheists are stupid... all right. I think they are so narrow minded, that they either become stupid, or already were. As a mere man who will live and die in a fraction of a second (in the grand scheme of things) how could anyone be narrow minded enough to say that an all powerful being does not exist? I mean, we are talking about something that is all powerful, right? Well, being all powerful, wouldn't it be well within it's power to shield itself from prying eyes? They are just so absolute. "There is no god. There never was. There couldn't be. Cause my teacher at the college told me so." And really, science is still too limited to figure out all the extensive inner workings of the universe. Can we at least do that, before we just make these giant assumptions about something that (in theory) no one could even understand?
well, there have been many arguments made to prove the existance of God. but, for every argument that has been made, just as valid a counter argument can be made as well.

myspace.com/tylerdurdin
tenacious j is offline  
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Banned
 
poopnut2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Fence
Posts: 20,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
Er, I answered each question directly, you can see them right under each of yours...

As for education: Community college, then a government pell funded 3 year stretch at UTA, (not rich, couldn't afford to just pay it myself) then community college again. Mechanical engineering and computer science. I know, I know, nothing I could have taken would "qualify" me to be able to argue philosophy with... hell I don't know someone who did take it. I'll not argue against that. I'll also not argue against the fact that UTA isn't considered a top school for such studies. But hell, this is all really just speculation anyway. What did you take, and what is your degree in?
All I have to say is that somebody that has studied philosophy is only about as qualified to argue it as somebody that hasn't. It's basically a degree in fiction.
poopnut2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome