Anybody seen Jesus Camp? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Anybody seen Jesus Camp?

Just wondering if anybody has seen this documentary. Given, most documentaries are aimed to promote one side and ridicule the other (this one is no different) it's pretty messed up what some of the christian radicals are doing to children.

It's funny because at the first of the movie the lady that runs the camp is talking about how bad it is for followers of Islam to teach their kids to kill and die for their beliefs and not just a couple minutes later talks about how she wishes that christian children were as willing to lay down their lives for their religion.

Anyhoo, if you get a chance to watch it, it's pretty interesting.

Oh yeah, and the leader of the Evangelist of America or whatever has a huge douche moment when he tells this little kid the only reason people like to hear the kid preach is because he is a kid and that he's too young to have any real substance in his sermons.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 06:34 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
Just wondering if anybody has seen this documentary. Given, most documentaries are aimed to promote one side and ridicule the other (this one is no different) it's pretty messed up what some of the christian radicals are doing to children.

It's funny because at the first of the movie the lady that runs the camp is talking about how bad it is for followers of Islam to teach their kids to kill and die for their beliefs and not just a couple minutes later talks about how she wishes that christian children were as willing to lay down their lives for their religion.

Oh yeah, and the leader of the Evangelist of America or whatever has a huge douche moment when he tells this little kid the only reason people like to hear the kid preach is because he is a kid and that he's too young to have any real substance in his sermons.
What christian radicals do to their children is nothing compared to what most of the rest of the world does to theirs. This kid will get over it.

EDIT: the people in this video are definitely wacko though.

NO NO NO, it should be DFWLS1's, CUMMINS, C6 VETTES.net
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
What christian radicals do to their children is nothing compared to what most of the rest of the world does to theirs. This kid will get over it.

EDIT: the people in this video are definitely wacko though.
I could just be jumping to conclusions, but I'm thinking the only thing holding a lot of these christian radicals back are legal complications. Yes, though. They're crazy.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 11:48 AM
DFWS

yes i have!!! very shocking documentary.

Keepin' The Old School Alive
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Time Served

Having attended Catholic School for a portion of my childhood I've come to a conclusion as far as the difference between Christian children in the West and the Muslim children in the East.

What keeps the children in the West from becoming suicide bombers and radicals is that we have luxories that prevent us from becoming brainwashed. When I went home from school I had a NES to play with.

What does the young child in Palestine have to go home to after his day of "school"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
Meh...I dunno why she likes it. It's like she put it on a pedestal because it is the gravy of life.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAD424 View Post
Having attended Catholic School for a portion of my childhood I've come to a conclusion as far as the difference between Christian children in the West and the Muslim children in the East.

What keeps the children in the West from becoming suicide bombers and radicals is that we have luxories that prevent us from becoming brainwashed. When I went home from school I had a NES to play with.

What does the young child in Palestine have to go home to after his day of "school"?
AK-47's!

One problem with the lady in the documentary is that she argued that muslims teach their kids to shoot guns. I can't remember the last time I've been to the shooting range and a kid not be there with his dad. Luxuries might be one of the differences, but I think it's also how effectively and harshly are laws are enforced here.

You should watch a movie called "Charlie Wilson's War." It has Tom Hanks, and might shine some light on why middle eastern people are pissed off at America. It's based on a true story and is a great movie.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 02:59 PM
Time Served

Quote:
AK-47's!

One problem with the lady in the documentary is that she argued that muslims teach their kids to shoot guns. I can't remember the last time I've been to the shooting range and a kid not be there with his dad. Luxuries might be one of the differences, but I think it's also how effectively and harshly are laws are enforced here.

You should watch a movie called "Charlie Wilson's War." It has Tom Hanks, and might shine some light on why middle eastern people are pissed off at America. It's based on a true story and is a great movie.
I've seen the movie but I didn't need to watch it to get insight on why Muslims hate us. How much of that movie was sensationalized? I understand that we have a history of not making good on promises in the Middle East but the problem is deeper than that.

I lived in the middle east for two years. I get it. I'm not saying that I'm an expert but I do think I have some insight.

Perhaps our unilateral support of Israel has a bit to do with it.

Are you saying that our laws are in the West are harsher than those of Sharia Law?

Either way, I don't give a fuck because I believe that the Muslim religion is not one of peace. I'd be just fine with the idea of eradicating them all toghether. I really believe, though, that Muslims will eventually take over the world because of the politicians are unwilling to come out and say that this war that we're fighting in in fact a war on Islam.

My whole point was that our children aren't as susceptible to the brainwashing like the children in the Middle East are. That's just my theory and opinion on the matter.

Quote:
Meh...I dunno why she likes it. It's like she put it on a pedestal because it is the gravy of life.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 03:54 PM
DFWS

Quote:

i have to agree with this! poor kids around the world will cause mischief and the problem will rise as they get older
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
I've seen the movie but I didn't need to watch it to get insight on why Muslims hate us. How much of that movie was sensationalized? I understand that we have a history of not making good on promises in the Middle East but the problem is deeper than that.

I lived in the middle east for two years. I get it. I'm not saying that I'm an expert but I do think I have some insight.

Perhaps our unilateral support of Israel has a bit to do with it.

Are you saying that our laws are in the West are harsher than those of Sharia Law?

Either way, I don't give a fuck because I believe that the Muslim religion is not one of peace. I'd be just fine with the idea of eradicating them all toghether. I really believe, though, that Muslims will eventually take over the world because of the politicians are unwilling to come out and say that this war that we're fighting in in fact a war on Islam.

My whole point was that our children aren't as susceptible to the brainwashing like the children in the Middle East are. That's just my theory and opinion on the matter.
I'm sure the punishment for laws in the middle east are harsher but how much law enforcement is there to uphold laws? Plus, when the criminals are just as armed, if not more-so than the "peacekeepers" who can expect the law to be upheld?

I understand, hating a religion, but not all the people who believe it. If I said that I hate christians because of a few bad apples, that would be me saying that I hate my family and plenty of my friends. Harboring a blind hate is no different than what the radical muslims do.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2009, 08:39 PM
ebay pimp

Quote:
I'd be just fine with the idea of eradicating them all toghether.
Wow!.... you're comfortable with murdering 1.3 billion people? And since Muslims are in every country in the world...you have to have murder squads in every country to kill all the local Muslims.

You want pull the trigger on a few hundred Muslim babies & children? Do it front of your own kids to show them what your made of....yeah!

How would history view the largest mass murders ever?
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 09:33 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by White trash wagon View Post
Wow!.... you're comfortable with murdering 1.3 billion people? And since Muslims are in every country in the world...you have to have murder squads in every country to kill all the local Muslims.

You want pull the trigger on a few hundred Muslim babies & children? Do it front of your own kids to show them what your made of....yeah!

How would history view the largest mass murders ever?
This topic probably should be in the Political/GWOT forum and I'm probably responsible for that. I think that Golda Meir's quote below accuartely describes how I feel about it.

"We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children.... We will only have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us."

The problem is that will never happen. They're never going to like us. They're never going to stop plotting to kill us.

I've seen it in person. I've seen young children used as pawns in ambushes and attacks on our soldiers. The window of innoncence in these children's lives I believe is only opened for a short period of time in this culture because the teachings of hatred toward the West are that intense.

I'm not here to sound like a bad ass. I just know what my own first hand experience has shown me.

Perhaps some of my detractors should go speak with a military recruiter, take the oath and come back in a couple years and tell me that you still feel the same way.

Quote:
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 10:45 AM
ebay pimp

Quote:
The problem is that will never happen. They're never going to like us. They're never going to stop plotting to kill us.

I've seen it in person. I've seen young children used as pawns in ambushes and attacks on our soldiers.
I'm not here to sound like a bad ass. I just know what my own first hand experience has shown me.

Perhaps some of my detractors should go speak with a military recruiter, take the oath and come back in a couple years and tell me that you still feel the same way.
Your position reflects ignorance & intolerence. If all 1.3 billion Muslims were radical suicide bombers, deaths from terrorism worldwide would be tens of thousands per day.

How many "terrorist" did you see in your experience, a few hundred? even if it were 10,000, you want to exterminate 1.3 billion based on the actions of a tiny fraction of 1%?

Islam has been around 1400 years, yet we didn't hear a peep out of them until 1948. Doesn't sound like a group who has "always wanted to kill us".

Religious genocide has been tried before, the Christians tried it for hundreds of years, Hitler tried it. But it always failed, and the people who tried were hated for generations.

In the end your plan for mass exterminations would make us FAR worse than the Muslims ever were. Ever read a bible? Show me the passage where Jesus ever tried to wipe out a religion.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by White trash wagon View Post
Your position reflects ignorance & intolerence. If all 1.3 billion Muslims were radical suicide bombers, deaths from terrorism worldwide would be tens of thousands per day.

How many "terrorist" did you see in your experience, a few hundred? even if it were 10,000, you want to exterminate 1.3 billion based on the actions of a tiny fraction of 1%?

Islam has been around 1400 years, yet we didn't hear a peep out of them until 1948. Doesn't sound like a group who has "always wanted to kill us".

Religious genocide has been tried before, the Christians tried it for hundreds of years, Hitler tried it. But it always failed, and the people who tried were hated for generations.

In the end your plan for mass exterminations would make us FAR worse than the Muslims ever were. Ever read a bible? Show me the passage where Jesus ever tried to wipe out a religion.

I don't read fairy tales anymore as I'm a grow man. Like I said it's my opinion and my opinion only. I respectfully disagree with your assessment of it.

Quote:
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 12:12 PM
ebay pimp

Quote:
I don't read fairy tales anymore as I'm a grow man. Like I said it's my opinion and my opinion only. I respectfully disagree with your assessment of it.
I also respectfully disagree with your assessment.....nuff said
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Punk Ass Kid

Just got done watching the videos on youtube. I am disturbed at what i saw, this reminds me of Children of the Corn. It is sick that people turn there kid into soldiers for their religion. Brainwashing is wrong. I got sick to my stomach about halfway through.

91 Coupe, off road h, underdrive pulleys, short belt with a/c, electric fans and 3.73s. 3060lbs. Daily driven 20mpg average.

All stock 91 coupe. Stang' Bangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I just want to smoke weed, be naked, and play video games.That is all.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 02:30 PM
Punk Ass Kid

Quote:

The douche guy you speak of is the one that made a big deal with homosexuals and later was found in a hotel with a male prostitute.

91 Coupe, off road h, underdrive pulleys, short belt with a/c, electric fans and 3.73s. 3060lbs. Daily driven 20mpg average.

All stock 91 coupe. Stang' Bangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I just want to smoke weed, be naked, and play video games.That is all.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Lifer

Quote:

whats funny is i bet the "jesus camp" members think that this film would help their cause but probably just showed the county how warped they are.

1995 Cobra

8.8 1/8th mile on stock motor (225k miles) w/exhaust 3.73's and drag radials.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 09:02 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

All I know is when in need of meaningless sex, church is the place to go.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement