Genetic defects? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Canada is welcome here.

Genetic defects?

As many of you have probably heard, people who have red hair and freckles are recognized by modern science to have a genetic defect. It is considered a defect because it negates one of the body's natural defenses. The defense against the sun, which is something our species must constantly deal with, it's omnipresent. These people are weak against it, they can not tan, which is all part of the defense mechanism. They are also far more likely to get melanoma, a deadly skin cancer. Well, we call this a "defect" because it essentially goes against nature. Nature would have us be equipped with a defense against the sun that will be part of our whole life. It only makes sense, right?

Well now to the real purpose of this thread. I noticed in another thread a few months ago about whether or not homos could get into heaven or some crap like that. Many apparent homos posted in the thread that their lifestyle was not their choice, that they could not control the way they felt. I think that this is probably true. But they also went on to say that there is research being done to see if it is in fact genetic. Well if it comes to light that it is, then I am sorry to say that it would be my opinion and the opinion of most people, that you have a genetic defect. Not saying it's their fault, but i mean look at the evidence. Nature would have a species reproduce, so that there could be more of that species when the old ones die off, right? There is no arguing with that fact, it's obvious. How long would the human race last if we were all gay? 100 more years at best? So it's easy to see that natural way would be heterosexuality. But the good part is, at least no one can ever call it your choice or your fault. But the other news is, there will come a day when they can correct nearly any genetic defect. This day is very far off, but it is coming, as sure as the clock ticks. Maybe it will take 200 years for the genetics to be completely mastered. But then it will be their choice. To have a genetic defect fixed, or to leave it broken. Just something i thought about after hearing that argument. Thoughts? Opinions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 10:47 PM
Lifer

This thread reminds me of "The Twilight of the Golds"

Working on my project Stang
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Banned

This thread reminds me of all of my posts on why homos are homo.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 11:19 PM
Pilgrim

Do you really think the apostle Paul mistakenly placed homosexuals in the category of those that will not see the kingdom of God (1 Cor. 6:9) because he was apparently ignorant that homosexuality is merely a genetic defect?
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 11:48 PM
Lifer

this thread is gay
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang87 View Post
this thread is gay
Your mom's gay.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 01:20 PM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
Your mom's gay.
Pics?
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Lifer

Those with genetic defects, as the O.P. put it, remain in the gene pool through medical and technological advancements.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
This thread reminds me of all of my posts on why homos are homo.
You do know though, that technically this has yet to be proven? They are working on it, but as it stands there is no proof that it's true. So right now as of this moment all we have is speculation.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
You do know though, that technically this has yet to be proven? They are working on it, but as it stands there is no proof that it's true. So right now as of this moment all we have is speculation.
I've never read any research being done on it. I came to that conclusion myself. It's nice to know that I'm not alone though.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Canada is welcome here.

I had heard somewhere that they are trying to prove it's genetic, though as of yet they havn't. Or some crap like that. Seems like there would be some cause of the weird uncontrollable urges though. Then again, im sure child molesters feel weird uncontrollable urges as well. So who knows.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 03:17 AM
老师

They weren't researching it as a genetic defect that could be genofixed, they were researching it as a hereditary genetic disease, there's a difference. There was some speculation that it could be classified as a sort of mental illness. This whole thing is a big damn mess, though, and in my opinion would all be remedied if people that say they are tolerant would stop being hypocritical.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 08:48 AM
He's no good to me dead.

Quote:
As many of you have probably heard, people who have red hair and freckles are recognized by modern science to have a genetic defect. It is considered a defect because it negates one of the body's natural defenses. The defense against the sun, which is something our species must constantly deal with, it's omnipresent. These people are weak against it, they can not tan, which is all part of the defense mechanism. They are also far more likely to get melanoma, a deadly skin cancer. Well, we call this a "defect" because it essentially goes against nature. Nature would have us be equipped with a defense against the sun that will be part of our whole life. It only makes sense, right?

Well now to the real purpose of this thread. I noticed in another thread a few months ago about whether or not homos could get into heaven or some crap like that. Many apparent homos posted in the thread that their lifestyle was not their choice, that they could not control the way they felt. I think that this is probably true. But they also went on to say that there is research being done to see if it is in fact genetic. Well if it comes to light that it is, then I am sorry to say that it would be my opinion and the opinion of most people, that you have a genetic defect. Not saying it's their fault, but i mean look at the evidence. Nature would have a species reproduce, so that there could be more of that species when the old ones die off, right? There is no arguing with that fact, it's obvious. How long would the human race last if we were all gay? 100 more years at best? So it's easy to see that natural way would be heterosexuality. But the good part is, at least no one can ever call it your choice or your fault. But the other news is, there will come a day when they can correct nearly any genetic defect. This day is very far off, but it is coming, as sure as the clock ticks. Maybe it will take 200 years for the genetics to be completely mastered. But then it will be their choice. To have a genetic defect fixed, or to leave it broken. Just something i thought about after hearing that argument. Thoughts? Opinions?
I think we are all missing something very important in this thread, and possibilly the other thread you were speaking about. justinsn95, I think you are trying to make some logic here of why people are the way they are, and I think you'll end up hitting brick walls all along the way. We may never know why certain people choose homosexuality (or any sin for that matter), but what we do know is the Bible teaches us is to love the sinner, not the sin. Let's also not forget that God doesn’t use a scale to judge us. As New Testament believers, no matter what sin is committed, we believe the blood of Jesus is what saves us. No deed will be good enough to enter Heaven, because you will always fall short. No matter what you offer to God, only your gift of Christ will be good enough to enter Heaven. And this is where all the arguments will start...because people WANT to use a scale to judge people, and they want to believe that God uses a scale to judge people, but God doesn’t work that way.

People believe that if a person commits a crime, that we should give that person some equal form of punishment. If you steal a car, you should go to jail for XX amount of time. If you commit a murder, XX should be your punishment. Also, if a person does XX good deeds, XX should be the reward. Yet, when it comes to God, He doesn’t work that way. Jesus offers us a free gift; you can accept that gift, and when we are at the gates of Heaven, you can place that gift in front of God, and you will be permitted to enter Heaven. It doesn’t matter if you were a saint, a homosexual, or a murderer, your acceptance of Christ as savior and king and His blood is the only gift you can give God that will let you in Heaven. If you choose not to use that gift, and use your good deeds as proof that you deserve to enter Heaven, you will ALWAYS fall short, "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23

Trying to explain this only angers those who don't believe. They don't think this is what a loving, just God should be like. This is why Jesus wasn't accepted as the son of God by the Jews - He was NOTHING like they expected God to be. They expected Him to be wrathful when someone committed a sin, yet He wasn't. He was loving; completely opposite of what they believed God to be. 1 John 8:1-11 is a story of an adultous woman who the Pharisees wanted Jesus to judge. In that day, the punishment was to be stoned for adultry. They caught her in the act very early in the morning, and took her to Jesus for punishment while attending Church:

John 8:1-11 (King James Version)

1Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.

2And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.

3And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,

4They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

5Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

6This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

7So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

8And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.

9And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

10When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

11She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Canada is welcome here.

That's all fine and good and all, but I have always wondered about that story. What if one of the people who was in the crowd had said "There is one among us who is without sin, Jesus. It's you." And handed him the rock. What would he have done?
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 11:13 AM
Lifer

Quote:
That's all fine and good and all, but I have always wondered about that story. What if one of the people who was in the crowd had said "There is one among us who is without sin, Jesus. It's you." And handed him the rock. What would he have done?
Note that He said:

So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

He did not say, "among us", but rather "among you" which excludes Himself.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 11:23 AM
He's no good to me dead.

Quote:
I've always wondered what He wrote in the sand/ground...it never said.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 09:03 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

He'd a thrown it a smack talker.

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk View Post
Note that He said:

So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

He did not say, "among us", but rather "among you" which excludes Himself.
Yeah, that's a good point. But you could have still asked him, what he would have done if he were to decide on it right then. Which i guess you would get the reply of, exactly what he did. Which was just let her go. And tell her to quit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobba Fett View Post
I've always wondered what He wrote in the sand/ground...it never said.
I thought it was what he was talking about right then, or something similar. Like a similar lesson, that he maybe knew he would be teaching that day. Or maybe it was that very lesson, and he was using it as a sort of proof that he already knew what they were going to say, and that he already knew what to do. Cause if he had already been writing that when they first came up, it would have been hard to argue that he didn't know what they were up to beforehand.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Sure Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModdinArt View Post
He'd a thrown it a smack talker.
Wat?

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 08:55 PM
DERP DERP DERP

Gingers have no souls
/thread.

Side note, some gingers can tan, my cousin is half mexican and has red hair and is tan, lol.

post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 09:15 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GT50 View Post
Gingers have no souls
/thread.

Side note, some gingers can tan, my cousin is half mexican and has red hair and is tan, lol.
x2 my x wife can tan but she is soulless

1995 Cobra

8.8 1/8th mile on stock motor (225k miles) w/exhaust 3.73's and drag radials.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 09:17 PM
DERP DERP DERP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnobles06 View Post
x2 my x wife can tan but she is soulless
...pics?

post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 10:09 PM
Lifer

i had some up in the wife/ gf thread but i got busted by her.

1995 Cobra

8.8 1/8th mile on stock motor (225k miles) w/exhaust 3.73's and drag radials.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement