Majestyk- everyone will get a chance to accept Jesus after they die? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 02:16 AM Thread Starter
Pilgrim

Majestyk- everyone will get a chance to accept Jesus after they die?

Mr Majestyk has expressed many times that everyone will get a chance to accept Jesus when they die or when He returns, despite the lack of biblical proof. Take for instance the description of Jesus return in Revelations 6 where everyone from the rich to the slave and everyone in between cries for rocks to fall on them in order to escape the wrath of Christ.

Where is the big altar call to come to Jesus?

Revelation 6

15Then the kings of the earth and the great men and the commanders and the rich and the strong and every slave and free man hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains;

16and they said to the mountains and to the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the presence of Him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb;

17for the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to stand?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 07:41 AM
lol, this place sucks now

Thumbs up

[email protected] proof

DFW Mustangs dot net
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 11:43 AM
Lifer

Phillystang,

Since you specifically addressed my SN, my reply is that verses you quoted simply state that Jesus will return in a position of great power that none will be able to misinterpret as being anything other than the "real thing".

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk View Post
Phillystang,

Since you specifically addressed my SN, my reply is that verses you quoted simply state that Jesus will return in a position of great power that none will be able to misinterpret as being anything other than the "real thing".
And what is the behavior and reaction from all those people, from the greatest (kings of the earth) to the least (slaves)?

Where is everyone given an opportunity to accept Jesus when He returns, or after non believers die?

What verse specifically says something to this effect?

Why in the story of the Rich Man and Lazarus did the Rich Man want to warn his family who were still alive... if it is true that they would have a chance to accept Jesus after they die?
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockwrkOrangeS4 View Post
run along heathen
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 11:02 PM
Lifer

this is what church should be like

myspace.com/tylerdurdin
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 06:17 AM
Lifer

Torah has been debated among the Jews for millenia....the New Testament among Christians should be no different.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 09:07 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Torah has been debated among the Jews for millenia....the New Testament among Christians should be no different.
Although I agree with the above statement the topic at hand is not up for debate. That comes from the lips of Christ himself.
I do not assume to speak for God so if it be his will to give this opportunity to people fine, all things work for Him and his glory regardless of what I believe.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Lifer

Revelations 3:5 (KJV)
He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

From my understanding of the above verse, the book of life includes all those for whom Christ died. That would include all of humanity. Thus, the topic at hand is up for debate should one choose to interpret the Scripture I quoted as unconditionally excluding anyone from being saved.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Painting Your House

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13:12 For now we see through a glass. In a mirror, as in the Revised Version. The mirrors of the ancients were of polished metal, and were far inferior to ours. The images were indistinct in comparison. They were seen darkly, indistinctly, imperfectly. Thus in this state of our knowledge of divine things--imperfect and incomplete.

But then face to face. We will not look in a glass in the coming state, but will see face to face, without a veil, or obscurity.

Now I know in part. There were limitations upon the knowledge even of Paul; only a part was seen.

But then. When the veil is taken away, and the full revelation has come in the presence of Christ.

Shall I know even as I am known. fully, know God, eternity and its secrets, even as he is known to God.

I know this applies to the spiritual gifts of the saints, but at the same time, doesn't this give us a clue. I mean, if we will see "all clearly", why or better yet how would someone be so foolish not to except Christ after seeing so perfectly. I think that if Mr Majestyk's belief is true, there would be no use for hell. I mean no one would be there.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 08:13 PM
Lifer

BlackSnake,

Satan does not accept Christ, and there will be those who will deliberately follow his lead and do likewise.

Q: Who do you believe will be included in the book of life? For instance, do you believe those who have not had an opportunity to know of the Gospel in their lifetime will never have that opportunity?
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 06:13 AM
Painting Your House

Quote:
BlackSnake,

Satan does not accept Christ, and there will be those who will deliberately follow his lead and do likewise.

Q: Who do you believe will be included in the book of life? For instance, do you believe those who have not had an opportunity to know of the Gospel in their lifetime will never have that opportunity?
I have a hard time believing that. If, when face to face with God, you see "all" things...(another key word here), "clearly", why in the world would you choose what you now see as a lie. Satin and his ways will be reveled as well as God's. "All things". If in seeing "all things", why would you choose hell, "knowing" what it is gonna be like.

Sorry, I still don't buy that concept.

Your question here is really 2 parts. Having the opportunity to know of the gospel and salvation. Is it not your belief that all mankind will have the opportunity to except Christ? Maybe not ever see or hear of a Bible, but except Christ?

This is a whole discussion in itself, but I believe everyone will have a chance before they die. It is in all mankind to need a God. Even the atheist recognize this and is why they can cancel the thought with rational thoughts. In your quest, do you not believe that God can/will make himself real, thus giving you the opportunity? I do.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Pilgrim

Where was the hope of the Incas and the Aztecs up until European settlers arrived?

If they could have been saved without knowing about Jesus, then missions work is pointless.

Romans 10
14How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Painting Your House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillystang View Post
Where was the hope of the Incas and the Aztecs up until European settlers arrived?

If they could have been saved without knowing about Jesus, then missions work is pointless.

Romans 10
14How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"
Hum. Good point.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Revelations 3:5 (KJV)
He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

From my understanding of the above verse, the book of life includes all those for whom Christ died. That would include all of humanity. Thus, the topic at hand is up for debate should one choose to interpret the Scripture I quoted as unconditionally excluding anyone from being saved.

"He that overcometh..."

The only was to "overcome" is thru saving faith in Christ.

Are you Mormon by chance?
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Lifer

I agree completely that the only way to overcome is through Christ.

No I am not Mormon by any stretch. I was raised as and to this day remain a Methodist.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 04:51 PM
Resident Epicurean

Why anyone looks to Majestyk for anything even remotely related to Christianity, is beyond me. Are you people serious?
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 07:57 PM
Lifer

No one is looking to me, you fool. They are, and should be, looking to the Bible. So run along now, get high or whatever it is you do, and come back if you ever actually know something about that which you are attempting, unsuccessfully, to trivialize.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Time Served

Quote:
No one is looking to me, you fool. They are, and should be, looking to the Bible. So run along now, get high or whatever it is you do, and come back if you ever actually know something about that which you are attempting, unsuccessfully, to trivialize.

"Resist not evil" brother, you'll live longer.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Time Served

Quote:

Im fuckin baked as hell, i still cant figure this shit out, bwHaaAA!

2001 millenium yellow z06
2006 atomic orange GTO
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT93Style View Post
"Resist not evil" brother, you'll live longer.
I choose to live well brother, not longer.
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yungn View Post
Im fuckin baked as hell, i still cant figure this shit out, bwHaaAA!
boooooooorrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnggggggg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement