What do you think if somone kills themself - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,071
Unhappy What do you think if somone kills themself

Let me Start by saying I just got over a bad breakup.
Then got a roomate that was a friend for 1 year.
All was going good so I thought In this persons life.
After months I come home from spending the night with
a nice woman I'd been seeing, to find my roomate had taken their own life in my home .To make matters worse I had to contact the family.
What do you tell the family if they ask you If you think that person is going to heaven?When you was tought to beleve that anyone who does this goes to hell.

Last edited by 91whitebttlehatch; 03-02-2009 at 11:30 PM.
91whitebttlehatch is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 11:56 PM
Lifer
 
tenacious j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: arlington
Posts: 2,198
i don't think killing yourself means you go to hell. The way the bible was taught to me is once you like accept Christ and ask for forgiveness that all your sins you ever committed are forgiven and all the sins you ever would commit are forgiven.

according to the bible all sins are the same in the eyes of God. so, with that thinking if someone told a lie and then died right after they get sent to hell by the thinking that you go to hell for committing suicide. which doesn't sound to me like something God would do.

so i guess to cover all your bases, if you're gonna do it cut your wrists and then ask for forgiveness before you bleed out. but, seriously nobody should kill themselves cause nobody knows for sure what happens after you die. this life may be all you get so live it up and have some fun.

myspace.com/tylerdurdin
tenacious j is offline  
post #3 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 12:06 AM
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91whitebttlehatch View Post
What do you tell the family if they ask you If you think that person is going to heaven?
Lie and tell them yes.
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
 
post #4 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,071
Thanks peps for the advise
91whitebttlehatch is offline  
post #5 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 05:46 PM
mannish boy
 
Cooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: drunk on diesel
Posts: 31,758
I'm buddhist, so the thought of you only get one shot, and if you do ______ you're doomed for eternity is silly to me...
Cooter is offline  
post #6 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 06:00 PM
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacious j View Post
i don't think killing yourself means you go to hell. The way the bible was taught to me is once you like accept Christ and ask for forgiveness that all your sins you ever committed are forgiven and all the sins you ever would commit are forgiven.

according to the bible all sins are the same in the eyes of God. so, with that thinking if someone told a lie and then died right after they get sent to hell by the thinking that you go to hell for committing suicide. which doesn't sound to me like something God would do.

so i guess to cover all your bases, if you're gonna do it cut your wrists and then ask for forgiveness before you bleed out. but, seriously nobody should kill themselves cause nobody knows for sure what happens after you die. this life may be all you get so live it up and have some fun.


Seriously ... this post didnt answer the OP's question .... reading is key mmmkay?
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #7 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?
 
flashstang04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,224
flashstang04 is offline  
post #8 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Lifer
 
tenacious j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: arlington
Posts: 2,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift_poser View Post
Seriously ... this post didnt answer the OP's question .... reading is key mmmkay?
Blow me

and why do you have a question mark at the end of that statement?

myspace.com/tylerdurdin
tenacious j is offline  
post #9 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 06:52 PM
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacious j View Post
Blow me

and why do you have a question mark at the end of that statement?
sound it out ... a question normaly has a bit of a rise in pitch at the end right? I was going for the effect. Also was asking if you understood.
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #10 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Lifer
 
tenacious j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: arlington
Posts: 2,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift_poser View Post
sound it out ... a question normaly has a bit of a rise in pitch at the end right? I was going for the effect. Also was asking if you understood.

Don't get pissy because you don't know the difference between a question and a statement.

myspace.com/tylerdurdin
tenacious j is offline  
post #11 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 07:51 PM
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacious j View Post
Don't get pissy because you don't know the difference between a question and a statement.
lol @ getting pissy


To the OP ... If someone EVER asks you if there loved one is in heaven, just tell them yes and console them. Its not your place to say that they aren't.
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #12 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-04-2009, 10:13 PM
Banned
 
poopnut2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Fence
Posts: 20,196
I think that they're an asshole. If heaven and hell do exist, they're going to hell because they made so many people (friends and family) so sad. If they're is no heaven and hell...fuck em'. Probably better for future genepools.
poopnut2 is offline  
post #13 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 05:34 AM
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
Well to answer your question, you certain don't say something like "Yeah im pretty sure they are going to hell. Yep, that's what you always hear, so i would probly have to say that if hell exists, that must be where they are." You say something like: "Im sure they went to heaven." Although i do have to say, it was a little in considerate of them to do it in your house, wasn't it? I am not trying to be funny or anything like that. I would kinda be mad at them for that. If i was going to off myself, i would not go to some poor friends house to do it and just make it worse on them. I would just do it at the morgue or something where there was minimal inconvienence to my fellow man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
justinsn95 is offline  
post #14 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:30 AM
duh...duh....duh
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ES BEER
Posts: 9,543
Say yes. (going to heaven)

Sell house.

Move.

My '03 Sold.
ceyko is offline  
post #15 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:36 AM
I love Meat.
 
Undertaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
I would just do it at the morgue or something where there was minimal inconvienence to my fellow man.
The guy that my grandparents bought the funeral home from shot himself in the funeral home the day the papers were signed. I figure he still haunts the place, everytime I would fall asleep in there it was always freezing cold.

2004 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
This is exactly why if I ever have a daughter, I'm going to teach her to swallow early on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa
Undietaker is my hero.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Undertaker is offline  
post #16 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:44 AM
I hate ghetto niggers
 
aCid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Keller, TX
Posts: 3,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
The guy that my grandparents bought the funeral home from shot himself in the funeral home the day the papers were signed. I figure he still haunts the place, everytime I would fall asleep in there it was always freezing cold.
That's kinda fucking creepy.

aCid is offline  
post #17 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:46 AM
I love Meat.
 
Undertaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCid View Post
That's kinda fucking creepy.
Yeah...it was a little odd. So I got a blanket and went back to sleep.

2004 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
This is exactly why if I ever have a daughter, I'm going to teach her to swallow early on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa
Undietaker is my hero.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Undertaker is offline  
post #18 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 06:57 AM
duh...duh....duh
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ES BEER
Posts: 9,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Yeah...it was a little odd. So I got a blanket and went back to sleep.
Could be as simple as your metabolism dropping?

My '03 Sold.
ceyko is offline  
post #19 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 07:01 AM
BANNED
 
mustangguy289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 10,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsn95 View Post
Well to answer your question, you certain don't say something like "Yeah im pretty sure they are going to hell. Yep, that's what you always hear, so i would probly have to say that if hell exists, that must be where they are." You say something like: "Im sure they went to heaven." Although i do have to say, it was a little in considerate of them to do it in your house, wasn't it? I am not trying to be funny or anything like that. I would kinda be mad at them for that. If i was going to off myself, i would not go to some poor friends house to do it and just make it worse on them. I would just do it at the morgue or something where there was minimal inconvienence to my fellow man.
Comitting suicide is pretty damned selfish when you do it in a place that invloves others.

Once knew a guy who hung himself in his attack. His daughters( both well under 10 yrs of age) found him.
mustangguy289 is offline  
post #20 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 07:06 AM
BANNED
 
mustangguy289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 10,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacious j View Post
i don't think killing yourself means you go to hell. The way the bible was taught to me is once you like accept Christ and ask for forgiveness that all your sins you ever committed are forgiven and all the sins you ever would commit are forgiven.

according to the bible all sins are the same in the eyes of God. so, with that thinking if someone told a lie and then died right after they get sent to hell by the thinking that you go to hell for committing suicide. which doesn't sound to me like something God would do.

so i guess to cover all your bases, if you're gonna do it cut your wrists and then ask for forgiveness before you bleed out. but, seriously nobody should kill themselves cause nobody knows for sure what happens after you die. this life may be all you get so live it up and have some fun.

You can't just one day say..." Hey God it is convenient for me to say I believe that you sent your son to die for my sins and I repent for all of my sins please forgive me for everything I have done and will do... the end"

and then go about your life as you choose.

We are all sinners but I find it hard to believe a person who commits suicide TRULY believes in God and Jesus Christ. I am not saying suicide will damn you to hell, I am saying that a true believer will put his trust in the Lord and know that there will be a better day. Someone who takes their own life would not seem ( to me) to have this trust.

Like someone said, it is not our place to judge to whether or not a person goes to heaven or hell, that is all on God. Just tell them you are sure he is a better place.
mustangguy289 is offline  
post #21 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 07:21 AM
I love Meat.
 
Undertaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,008
My cousin committed suicide a couple of weeks ago at a car wash- he did it in the bay and the letter said so it would be easy to clean up.

2004 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
This is exactly why if I ever have a daughter, I'm going to teach her to swallow early on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa
Undietaker is my hero.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Undertaker is offline  
post #22 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 07:22 AM
BANNED
 
mustangguy289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 10,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
My cousin committed suicide a couple of weeks ago at a car wash- he did it in the bay and the letter said so it would be easy to clean up.
Sorry to hear about that.
mustangguy289 is offline  
post #23 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 07:31 AM
I love Meat.
 
Undertaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangguy289 View Post
Sorry to hear about that.
Its ok, he hasn't been "Well" for a while. My friends brother shot himself yesterday I just don't get it.

2004 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
This is exactly why if I ever have a daughter, I'm going to teach her to swallow early on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa
Undietaker is my hero.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Undertaker is offline  
post #24 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 07:35 AM
BANNED
 
mustangguy289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 10,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Its ok, he hasn't been "Well" for a while. My friends brother shot himself yesterday I just don't get it.
I will never understand what can be so bad that someone feels the need to kill themselves. We all go through rough times. Goes back to my thread about having faith in God... but anyway... if the economy and gov stay the way they are much longer we will probably see much more of these.
mustangguy289 is offline  
post #25 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 08:27 AM
Pilgrim
 
Phillystang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,086
The first question you must answer is how someone goes to heaven.

Answer: they must be born again. Read John Chapter 3

Such a person will repent of their sins and trust upon what God has done for us in sending the Lord Jesus to die on the cross.
Phillystang is offline  
post #26 of 120 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 02:07 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: fort worth
Posts: 1,102
the awesome thing is that its your choice where you go. only if you choose to punish yourself will you spend any time at all in any sort of hell.

Dreaming of my future creation....
331coupe is offline  
post #27 of 120 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 02:13 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillystang View Post
The first question you must answer is how someone goes to heaven.

Answer: they must be born again. Read John Chapter 3

Such a person will repent of their sins and trust upon what God has done for us in sending the Lord Jesus to die on the cross.
These should be the only points brought up when talking about Salvation. Too many times, people bring in the "what ifs" and other distractions. Sin is a distraction.
Denny is offline  
post #28 of 120 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In a house
Posts: 255
Who are we to decide or debate if a suicide goes to heaven or hell. Only God knows the heart of that person and He is the only and ultimate judge. It is a really tough issue when you are dealing with the friends and family of that person. I believe in God's grace and forgiveness but If I don't know someone that committed suicide it's difficult to say.

Larius is offline  
post #29 of 120 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 10:26 PM
mannish boy
 
Cooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: drunk on diesel
Posts: 31,758
most people that thump the bible also believe that they can speak for their god
Cooter is offline  
post #30 of 120 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 11:23 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In a house
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
most people that thump the bible also believe that they can speak for their god
Do you know actually know "most people" that thump the bible, or just your experience? As for me I can only offer encouragement and pray.

Larius is offline  
post #31 of 120 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 11:31 PM
mannish boy
 
Cooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: drunk on diesel
Posts: 31,758
I can only speak for my personal experiences... most people I've met think that because they subscribe to a particular religion that they're entitled to hand down judgement

nothing wrong with offering encouragement and praying
Cooter is offline  
post #32 of 120 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 12:22 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
I can only speak for my personal experiences... most people I've met think that because they subscribe to a particular religion that they're entitled to hand down judgement

nothing wrong with offering encouragement and praying
I know what you mean, bro, but those few who look down on the other unbelievers really need to be checked (although it is not my place). I have strong relationships with both believers and unbelievers. In my eyes, they are all the same. It's also not my place to treat anyone different because of their beliefs because my relationship with God is a personal one, different than anyone else's. So if I were to adhere to the standards some use, I would be a very lonely person.

Most of the people I hang around not only have different beliefs than me, but just flat out don't believe anything about it. We get along great, even with face to face discussions on the subject... even some of the strongest opposition on this site.
Denny is offline  
post #33 of 120 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 09:14 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,249
FSON is offline  
post #34 of 120 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 03:13 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bedford
Posts: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangguy289 View Post
I will never understand what can be so bad that someone feels the need to kill themselves. We all go through rough times. Goes back to my thread about having faith in God... but anyway... if the economy and gov stay the way they are much longer we will probably see much more of these.

You just don't know until your in there shoes. People with severe depression get clouded judgment and the ones that have been suffering with it for so long feel this is the only way they can escape the constant grind that comes with depression.

My moms uncle killed himself outside his house because he was in such pain. He went to the doctors for his headaches and they could never address what was going on. I guess it got so bad he had no choice but to end it unless he wanted to suffer the rest of his life with it.

Red and White 98R1...Look now cause in a second I'm gonna pass you

You can pass me now, sold the bike =(
staticX is offline  
post #35 of 120 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Lifer
 
tenacious j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: arlington
Posts: 2,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangguy289 View Post
You can't just one day say..." Hey God it is convenient for me to say I believe that you sent your son to die for my sins and I repent for all of my sins please forgive me for everything I have done and will do... the end"


why not?

doesnt john 3:16 say that who ever believes in him shall not die but have everlasting life.

myspace.com/tylerdurdin
tenacious j is offline  
post #36 of 120 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 11:27 PM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacious j View Post
why not?

doesnt john 3:16 say that who ever believes in him shall not die but have everlasting life.
Keep going... here's verse 20 of that same chapter:

For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.





In order to ask for forgiveness, wouldn't you think you have to be truly sorry for your sins? How can you be truly sorry if you sin just because you think God will forgive you for it?
Denny is offline  
post #37 of 120 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 01:45 AM
Lifer
 
tenacious j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: arlington
Posts: 2,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
Keep going... here's verse 20 of that same chapter:

For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.





In order to ask for forgiveness, wouldn't you think you have to be truly sorry for your sins? How can you be truly sorry if you sin just because you think God will forgive you for it?
i dont think that verse contradicts the one i stated. and it doesnt state anything about being truly sorry for anything.

myspace.com/tylerdurdin
tenacious j is offline  
post #38 of 120 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 02:13 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacious j View Post
i dont think that verse contradicts the one i stated. and it doesnt state anything about being truly sorry for anything.
Of course it doesn't contradict the verse, silly! No part of the Bible contradicts itself. Where did I say that the verse said "truly sorry?" You should comprehend what it says.

If your mother said, "The floor is dirty. There's the broom and dust pan over there." Did she actually tell you to clean the floor?
Denny is offline  
post #39 of 120 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 06:56 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangguy289
You can't just one day say..." Hey God it is convenient for me to say I believe that you sent your son to die for my sins and I repent for all of my sins please forgive me for everything I have done and will do... the end"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacious j View Post
why not?
doesnt john 3:16 say that who ever believes in him shall not die but have everlasting life.
i dont think that verse contradicts the one i stated. and it doesnt state anything about being truly sorry for anything.
God will know who believes in Him and who is repentant for their sins by knowing what is in a man's heart.

As Paul wrote in Romans 10:9-10 (KJV):
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Last edited by Mr Majestyk; 04-30-2009 at 07:05 AM. Reason: added Scriptural reference
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #40 of 120 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 09:39 AM
Lifer
 
tenacious j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: arlington
Posts: 2,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
Of course it doesn't contradict the verse, silly! No part of the Bible contradicts itself. Where did I say that the verse said "truly sorry?" You should comprehend what it says.

If your mother said, "The floor is dirty. There's the broom and dust pan over there." Did she actually tell you to clean the floor?


yeah i think i sorta understand what the verse means, and just because your mother alludes to you cleaning the floor, doesn't mean she is going to send you to hell because you forget.

the point i was trying to make was about the suicide thing. some people say that you can't get into heaven if you commit suicide, because you can't ask for forgiveness before you die.

i was trying to say that the way i understood Christianity was different, that would be the equivalent of telling a lie and dying and getting sent to hell because you didnt ask for forgiveness.

if there is a God, i don't think it will be like that, i think your life will be examined and God will decide if you were a dick in this life or not.

myspace.com/tylerdurdin
tenacious j is offline  
post #41 of 120 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 09:53 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacious j View Post
yeah i think i sorta understand what the verse means, and just because your mother alludes to you cleaning the floor, doesn't mean she is going to send you to hell because you forget.

the point i was trying to make was about the suicide thing. some people say that you can't get into heaven if you commit suicide, because you can't ask for forgiveness before you die.

i was trying to say that the way i understood Christianity was different, that would be the equivalent of telling a lie and dying and getting sent to hell because you didnt ask for forgiveness.

if there is a God, i don't think it will be like that, i think your life will be examined and God will decide if you were a dick in this life or not.
I will just try my best to avoid suicide and not dictate who is going where. I'll just live by the way He wants me to live and be cool.
Denny is offline  
post #42 of 120 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Canada is welcome here.
 
justinsn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ft worth
Posts: 4,039
I guess you cant really ever judge someone who offs themself. You cant feel what they felt, as you are not them. I mean there are probly certain situations where all of us would kill ourselves, his just had less requirements for him to do so. I would probly off myself in order to avoid long and agonizing death, if there was absolutely no way out of it. Hell even some animals will do what they call "self terminate" if there stress level is too high. Snakes are one example of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
justinsn95 is offline  
post #43 of 120 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Lifer
 
12SecondT-Bird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Inside the Talamasca
Posts: 1,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillystang View Post
The first question you must answer is how someone goes to heaven.

Answer: they must be born again. Read John Chapter 3

Such a person will repent of their sins and trust upon what God has done for us in sending the Lord Jesus to die on the cross.
Does this mean there are no Jews, Hindus, Muslims, or people of other faiths in heaven? Only Christians?


DeWayne
12SecondT-Bird is offline  
post #44 of 120 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Lifer
 
tenacious j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: arlington
Posts: 2,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12SecondT-Bird View Post
Does this mean there are no Jews, Hindus, Muslims, or people of other faiths in heaven? Only Christians?
according to many Christians, that is what they believe.

myspace.com/tylerdurdin
tenacious j is offline  
post #45 of 120 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacious j View Post
according to many Christians, that is what they believe.
The Second Coming plainly addresses the issue. Now, who are these unnamed many Christians?
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #46 of 120 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Lifer
 
tenacious j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: arlington
Posts: 2,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk View Post
The Second Coming plainly addresses the issue. Now, who are these unnamed many Christians?
like how many do you want listed. ill give you the three that i talk to the most about stuff like this. my grandmother, my mom, and my aunt.

and whoever passes out the religious propaganda at my work and puts them in all the stalls in the restroom. good reading while you're taking a grumpy. I am assuming it is a widely viewed belief by Christians that you must be a Christian to go to heaven or there wouldn't be a market for pamphlets like that.



and the second coming may address the issue if you believe that the bible is accurate.

myspace.com/tylerdurdin
tenacious j is offline  
post #47 of 120 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacious j View Post
like how many do you want listed. ill give you the three that i talk to the most about stuff like this. my grandmother, my mom, and my aunt.

and whoever passes out the religious propaganda at my work and puts them in all the stalls in the restroom. good reading while you're taking a grumpy. I am assuming it is a widely viewed belief by Christians that you must be a Christian to go to heaven or there wouldn't be a market for pamphlets like that.



and the second coming may address the issue if you believe that the bible is accurate.
The only way to the Father is through Jesus. The Second Coming will address the issue, because the Bible is accurate. You say many Christians believe no Jews, Hindus, Muslims, or people of other faiths are in heaven. The Second Coming is a promise made that Christians believe is true, so why would Christians exclude anyone from the Kingdom of God before the Second Coming. I don't know any that do.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #48 of 120 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Lifer
 
tenacious j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: arlington
Posts: 2,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk View Post
The only way to the Father is through Jesus. The Second Coming will address the issue, because the Bible is accurate. You say many Christians believe no Jews, Hindus, Muslims, or people of other faiths are in heaven. The Second Coming is a promise made that Christians believe is true, so why would Christians exclude anyone from the Kingdom of God before the Second Coming. I don't know any that do.
i think the point was that many Christians don't believe that Jews, Hindus, or Muslims will get into heaven because they don't believe that Jesus was the son of God.

the bible may be accurate but it may not as well. man wrote the bible and man makes mistakes. doesn't it state in one book that Joseph's father was Heli and another state it was Jacob?

myspace.com/tylerdurdin
tenacious j is offline  
post #49 of 120 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacious j View Post
i think the point was that many Christians don't believe that Jews, Hindus, or Muslims will get into heaven because they don't believe that Jesus was the son of God.

the bible may be accurate but it may not as well. man wrote the bible and man makes mistakes. doesn't it state in one book that Joseph's father was Heli and another state it was Jacob?
And the answer is all will have the opportunity to know Jesus at the Second Coming. Debating whether the Bible is accurate is pointless, as it's been tried ad nauseum in this Forum and Christians know it to be the inspired Word of God.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #50 of 120 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Lifer
 
tenacious j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: arlington
Posts: 2,198
so you think that like lets say an athiest who knows about religion some, but just decides it sounds too made up and doesn't buy into it will get a second chance to get into heaven?

i like the sound of that.


oh and what about the bible stating in 2 different books that Joseph had different fathers? i don't recall that ever being brought up here. i say it on carm.org and wondered how that is explained, because many Christians say there are no contradictions in the bible. That seems to be a direct contradiction to me.

myspace.com/tylerdurdin
tenacious j is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome