Christianity + Good Stewards - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Christianity + Good Stewards

In my own bible study time I've been trying to find text of how we should be good stewards of the land, and how it relates to conservation and our modern day lives. I've got some information so far. Here are some of the bigger ones. I would appreciate any contributions, comments, and arguments. I just feel that at least in my own experiences the issue is rarely addressed. I know other religions also have similar views towards earth but Christianity is what I know, so any contributions from other religions is appreciated as well.

That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you Leviticus 18:28

Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth. Psalms 104:30

The land shall not be sold for ever: for the land is mine, for ye are strangers and sojourners with me. Leviticus 25:23

Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto the shepherds; Woe be to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks? Ye eat the fat, and ye clothe you with the wool, ye kill them that are fed: but ye feed not the flock. The diseased have ye not strengthened, neither have ye healed that which was sick, neither have ye bound up that which was broken, neither have ye brought again that which was driven away, neither have ye sought that which was lost; but with force and with cruelty have ye ruled them. Ezekiel 34:2-4

Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against the shepherds; and I will require my flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock; neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more; for I will deliver my flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them. Ezekiel 34:10

Seemeth it a small thing unto you to have eaten up the good pasture, but ye must tread down with your feet the residue of your pastures? and to have drunk of the deep waters, but ye must foul the residue with your feet? Ezekiel 34:18

The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away Isaiah. The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant. 24:4-5

And I brought you into a plentiful country, to eat the fruit thereof and the goodness thereof; but when ye entered, ye defiled my land, and made mine heritage an abomination. Jeremiah 2:7

And he called him, and said unto him, How is it that I hear this of thee? give an account of thy stewardship; for thou mayest be no longer steward. Luke 16:2

and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth. Revelations 11:18

And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it. Genesis 2:15

When they were filled, he said unto his disciples, Gather up the fragments that remain, that nothing be lost. John 6:12

Working on my project Stang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Lifer

Whatever God considers to be good, should not man feel compelled to be a good steward thereof?

Genesis 1:9-12 (KJV)
And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

The Book of Genesis is one of my favorites.
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk View Post
after his kind: and God saw that it was good.[/I]

The Book of Genesis is one of my favorites.
Genesis and Psalms definitely show why we should have this appreciation. Would you agree that although the bible stresses good stewardship, it doesn't get the attention it deserves?

post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Lifer

I would certainly agree with that, and I am glad you brought up the subject.
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 05:44 PM
Freethinker

Do you practice what you preach?

Quote:
A sodomized tOOl that was made into some other mans bitch, and is desparately trying to find a way to erase his guilt and shame over having been so violated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
....LMAO @.... trying to figure out how to make a Utopian society!
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Variable-speed-Limits
post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
Do you practice what you preach?
If you have a problem with him start your own thread.

post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 09:24 PM
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5point0pony View Post
If you have a problem with him start your own thread.
Gotcha

Quote:
In a perfect world the police would get paid to do nothing. So next time you see a cop eatin a donut, Yell.. Hey! Good Job!

post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Gotcha

post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Lifer

He follows my posts around lately like a whipped pup, and is both harmless and dumb.
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 05:17 PM
Freethinker

Quote:
He follows my posts around lately like a whipped pup, and is both harmless and dumb.
You started it punk.

Quote:

post #11 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 05:40 PM
Lifer

You're still harmless and dumb. Deal with it, and know that the more threads you post in serve only to expose your pathetic weaknesses to an ever-widening audience. I'm all for that, so by all means continue.
post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 06:03 PM
Freethinker

Quote:
You're still harmless and dumb. Deal with it, and know that the more threads you post in serve only to expose your pathetic weaknesses to an ever-widening audience. I'm all for that, so by all means continue.
I dont plan on stopping till everyone sees what a homo you are. And judging by your latest posts, its getting to you aswell since you have been slowing down on the homo-erotic comments.

Quote:

post #13 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 06:21 PM
DFWS

David Koresh
post #14 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Freethinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootro View Post
David Koresh
Jesus Christ

Quote:

post #15 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Lifer

Harmless and dumb
post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 11:38 AM
Lifer

Quote:
The land shall not be sold for ever: for the land is mine, for ye are strangers and sojourners with me. Leviticus 25:23

Also from Leviticus 25 (KJV)

Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: ‘When you come into the land which I give you, then the land shall keep a sabbath to the LORD.
Six years you shall sow your field, and six years you shall prune your vineyard, and gather its fruit; 4 but in the seventh year there shall be a sabbath of solemn rest for the land, a sabbath to the LORD.
You shall neither sow your field nor prune your vineyard.
What grows of its own accord of your harvest you shall not reap, nor gather the grapes of your untended vine, for it is a year of rest for the land.
post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Time Served

Chief Seattle's Letter

"The President in Washington sends word that he wishes to buy our land. But how can you buy or sell the sky? the land? The idea is strange to us. If we do not own the freshness of the air and the sparkle of the water, how can you buy them?

Every part of the earth is sacred to my people. Every shining pine needle, every sandy shore, every mist in the dark woods, every meadow, every humming insect. All are holy in the memory and experience of my people.

We know the sap which courses through the trees as we know the blood that courses through our veins. We are part of the earth and it is part of us. The perfumed flowers are our sisters. The bear, the deer, the great eagle, these are our brothers. The rocky crests, the dew in the meadow, the body heat of the pony, and man all belong to the same family.

The shining water that moves in the streams and rivers is not just water, but the blood of our ancestors. If we sell you our land, you must remember that it is sacred. Each glossy reflection in the clear waters of the lakes tells of events and memories in the life of my people. The water's murmur is the voice of my father's father.

The rivers are our brothers. They quench our thirst. They carry our canoes and feed our children. So you must give the rivers the kindness that you would give any brother.

If we sell you our land, remember that the air is precious to us, that the air shares its spirit with all the life that it supports. The wind that gave our grandfather his first breath also received his last sigh. The wind also gives our children the spirit of life. So if we sell our land, you must keep it apart and sacred, as a place where man can go to taste the wind that is sweetened by the meadow flowers.

Will you teach your children what we have taught our children? That the earth is our mother? What befalls the earth befalls all the sons of the earth.

This we know: the earth does not belong to man, man belongs to the earth. All things are connected like the blood that unites us all. Man did not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.

One thing we know: our God is also your God. The earth is precious to him and to harm the earth is to heap contempt on its creator.

Your destiny is a mystery to us. What will happen when the buffalo are all slaughtered? The wild horses tamed? What will happen when the secret corners of the forest are heavy with the scent of many men and the view of the ripe hills is blotted with talking wires? Where will the thicket be? Gone! Where will the eagle be? Gone! And what is to say goodbye to the swift pony and then hunt? The end of living and the beginning of survival.

When the last red man has vanished with this wilderness, and his memory is only the shadow of a cloud moving across the prairie, will these shores and forests still be here? Will there be any of the spirit of my people left?

We love this earth as a newborn loves its mother's heartbeat. So, if we sell you our land, love it as we have loved it. Care for it, as we have cared for it. Hold in your mind the memory of the land as it is when you receive it. Preserve the land for all children, and love it, as God loves us.

As we are part of the land, you too are part of the land. This earth is precious to us. It is also precious to you.

One thing we know - there is only one God. No man, be he Red man or White man, can be apart. We ARE all brothers after all."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
What grows of its own accord of your harvest you shall not reap, nor gather the grapes of your untended vine, for it is a year of rest for the land.[/I]
Unfortunately we haven't given much time for rest lately

post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzntxn View Post
Chief Seattle's Letter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That was both beautiful and depressing.

post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 10:55 PM
Freethinker

The devil went down to Georgia. Looking for a soul to steel. He was in a bind, he was way behind and he was willing to make a deal.

Quote:

post #21 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 06:13 AM
Lifer

......crickets chirping........
post #22 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
The devil went down to Georgia. Looking for a soul to steel. He was in a bind, he was way behind and he was willing to make a deal.
If you don't have anything meaningful to contribute STFU

post #23 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 10:45 AM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?

Quote:
If you don't have anything meaningful to contribute STFU
If he did that he would have to revoke his board membership.

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
post #24 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashstang04 View Post
If he did that he would have to revoke his board membership.
If only..

post #25 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 01:15 PM
Freethinker

Ok let me ask you a question. How can anyone even believe one word that comes out of Ms Majestys mouth when he claims to be a christian and acts the way he does? Sounds kinda anti-christian to me.

Quote:

post #26 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 01:37 PM
Lifer

You don't know anything about Christ or Christianity, and it shows. Come to think of it, you've never shown any knowldege about anything in your posts.

Like I've said before, harmless and dumb
post #27 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
You don't know anything about Christ or Christianity, and it shows. Come to think of it, you've never shown any knowldege about anything in your posts.

It may be harmless but it's really annoying

post #28 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 05:38 AM
Freethinker

Quote:

And your the expert? Bwahahahaha. Like I said, if this is what christianity is all about, I dont want to have anything to do with it.

Quote:

post #29 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 07:06 AM
Lifer

Then why are you here? Oh, I forgot, it's to see yourself in print because nobody otherwise seems to you care about you, and your wittle feelings are hurt LOL.

Christianity does not change to be what you want, and by your statement above you obviously didn't know that. You change to what God wants; try it, you will be amazed.

Last edited by Mr Majestyk; 01-31-2009 at 09:12 AM.
post #30 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 09:10 AM
Freethinker

Why are you talking out of character?

Quote:

post #31 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 09:12 AM
Lifer

Why are you talking at all?
post #32 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 09:40 AM
Freethinker

Quote:
seems to you care about you,
If your gonna fix it atleast make it make sense.
I talked to god last night. He said you were a closet homo that was molested as a child.
I guess that explains how you have such vivid homosexual visions. It has all happened to you. Tell us some more about what happened to you.

Quote:

post #33 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 09:44 AM
Lifer

post #34 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 09:55 AM
Freethinker

Quote:
Cause your a homosinner.

Quote:

post #35 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 10:06 AM
Lifer

post #36 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 10:13 AM
Freethinker

Quote:
Cause your a child molestor!

Quote:

post #37 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 10:20 AM
Lifer

post #38 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 10:31 AM
Freethinker

Cause your a child molestor!

Quote:

post #39 of 52 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 10:44 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo
Won't somebody please respond to me?
post #40 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 07:47 AM
Freethinker

Why are you such a homo?

Quote:

post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 08:28 AM
Lifer

post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 08:55 AM
Freethinker

I am talking because you want me to. I will continue until you shut your gay cornhole.

Quote:

post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 09:20 AM
Lifer

No one cares.

post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Freethinker

I have noticed that you toned it down a little in this thread. Is it because you dont want your christian brothers to see your dark side?

Quote:

post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Lifer

It's in deference to the OP. In your thread, who cares. Stupid you, however, can only post one way. That's common among those like you with limited intellect, funny too.
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

I'm always entertained by christians who speak about how we all came from the same two people, but frown upon varying ethnicities and in-breeding.

post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Lifer

Such as?
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Freethinker

Quote:
It's in deference to the OP. In your thread, who cares. Stupid you, however, can only post one way. That's common among those like you with limited intellect, funny too.
You lieing fag. You posted the same way in the thread about Israel. Thats where it all started when I was talking about religion and you started talking shit. Typical religious fanatic. If someone isnt the same religion as you then they should be put down? You certainly dont practice what you preach.

Quote:

post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Lifer

You can't understand plain English, much less write it. It is entertaining to see you get upset and stammer in this, yet another thread, though LOL.

post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Freethinker

Quote:
Such as?
Your dumb bitch ass. Quit fucking other men is what he is trying to say.

Quote:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement