Suicide - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 499
Exclamation Suicide

If your christian and you commit suicide do you go straight to hell?
81redstang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 11:47 AM
RedLilPony
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Just ask for forgiveness. You'll be OK!
post #3 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 11:47 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS
 
Geor!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HERE WE GO!!!
Posts: 18,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81redstang
If your christian and you commit suicide do you go straight to hell?
If you're thinking about it, don't do it. It's not worth it. I'm a walking fucking miracle, so I speaks the truth.

Geor! is offline  
 
post #4 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 11:48 AM
I'm over it!
 
avinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ponder
Posts: 6,367
Wtf?

avinson is offline  
post #5 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 499
yeah it just seems to get worse and worse though, never had much faith but after the loss of my fiance verything including my job and cars just seems so trivial in the long ru. I mean whats the point?
81redstang is offline  
post #6 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 11:50 AM
Trailer Park Royalty
 
whitetrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 3,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81redstang
If your christian and you commit suicide do you go straight to hell?
if you take it all literally then yes, you do


03 cobra 450/443--2.93 upper, JLT CAI, o/r x, dumped flows, SRA w/3.73s
94 Z71-dd
whitetrash is offline  
post #7 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Full tilt boogie !!
 
Txstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: out yonder way
Posts: 10,208
Not that I believe in that shit anymore, but I think you do. It's a sin to kill someone, including yourself. Now, you can always ask for forgiveness.....the problem is that you will be dead and unable to do so.


I wouldn't risk it!!!!

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.


Txstang1 is offline  
post #8 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 499
sorry to bring such fkd up shit here but i've lost a lot here lately my dad my grandmother and a close friend in the past few weeks, on top of the girl, my close friends have moved off because of thier jobs and i don't think i can keep my mind distracted from dealing with it anymore.
81redstang is offline  
post #9 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 12:06 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?
 
flashstang04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81redstang
If your christian and you commit suicide do you go straight to hell?

Absolutely not..


Christians are subject to bad choices as we all are. Salvation is complete and final and eternal.

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
flashstang04 is offline  
post #10 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm over it!
 
avinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ponder
Posts: 6,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81redstang
sorry to bring such fkd up shit here but i've lost a lot here lately my dad my grandmother and a close friend in the past few weeks, on top of the girl, my close friends have moved off because of thier jobs and i don't think i can keep my mind distracted from dealing with it anymore.
So youre crying for help on the internet? Sorry for your losses but that is no reason to threaten your life. It should make you a stronger person. We all have issues its what you make of them. Sounds like you need professional help.

avinson is offline  
post #11 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 12:07 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?
 
flashstang04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashstang04
Absolutely not..


Christians are subject to bad choices as we all are. Salvation is complete and final and eternal.

edit..

Killing yourself IS murder though.

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
flashstang04 is offline  
post #12 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 499
I think I do, and I think your right, I've just never felt so useless before, not trying to threaten my life just wondering what others thought, hell i guess christianity is a religion of suffering, like most others.
81redstang is offline  
post #13 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 12:16 PM
I'm over it!
 
avinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ponder
Posts: 6,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81redstang
I think I do, and I think your right, I've just never felt so useless before, not trying to threaten my life just wondering what others thought, hell i guess christianity is a religion of suffering, like most others.
What does religion have to do with suffering?

avinson is offline  
post #14 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 12:23 PM
Full tilt boogie !!
 
Txstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: out yonder way
Posts: 10,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by avinson
What does religion have to do with suffering?
and here we go.........

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.


Txstang1 is offline  
post #15 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by avinson
What does religion have to do with suffering?
ask the guy on the cross.

Do you play guitar?

SCT Tuned, K&N 77-Series Intake, Magnaflow Duals Cat-back, Cragar / Weld Prostars w/ BFG Radials..
Ohh yeah it's a Ranger..
crashonthebeach is offline  
post #16 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 12:38 PM
I'm over it!
 
avinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ponder
Posts: 6,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txstang1
and here we go.........
Well the way he was saying it cause he is Christian he suffers more than others. I don't believe in religion so i could care less about it. But if he is basing his religion on if he wants to commit suicide than he needs help. Just my opinion.

avinson is offline  
post #17 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 12:39 PM
I'm over it!
 
avinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ponder
Posts: 6,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashonthebeach

Do you play guitar?
LOL random.

avinson is offline  
post #18 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 499
every religion has some sort of self denial or suffering i believe both to be one in the same.
but as far as getting help without insurance I don't know where to start anybody have some ideas i truly dont want to lose my job i'll kinda need if i plan to still pay my bills.
81redstang is offline  
post #19 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm over it!
 
avinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ponder
Posts: 6,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81redstang
every religion has some sort of self denial or suffering i believe both to be one in the same.
but as far as getting help without insurance I don't know where to start anybody have some ideas i truly dont want to lose my job i'll kinda need if i plan to still pay my bills.
www.suicidehotlines.com

avinson is offline  
post #20 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Lifer
 
redheadintx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,672
I think that if you are a Christian then you would believe that if you kill yourself you go to hell. And, on a side note - suicide is NEVER the answer. It's a selfish act. My husband's father committed suicide and I've seen the aftermath that it has on a family. I'd never wish that on anyone. If you feel helpless - get HELP!

redheadintx is offline  
post #21 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Lifer
 
tenacious j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: arlington
Posts: 2,198
I am no expert on religion. But, the way I always understood it is once you accept christianity then all the sins you ever committed are forgiven and all the ones you ever will are too.

So, I would assume you could still get in.

That being said, nobody knows for sure if there is anything after this life so this may be your only shot. My advise is to stick around and have some fun.

myspace.com/tylerdurdin
tenacious j is offline  
post #22 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Lifer
 
95snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashstang04
Absolutely not..


Christians are subject to bad choices as we all are. Salvation is complete and final and eternal.
x2

1967 Camaro SS/RS
95snake is offline  
post #23 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ennis, TX
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81redstang
If your christian and you commit suicide do you go straight to hell?
Don't do it. We all have our ups and downs. You are in a down spot and things can only get better it seems.

MachX2 is offline  
post #24 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 01:48 PM
FTW
Uh oh, it's da po po.
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,637
the bible teaches that all sin is equal, no one sin is worse than the other. so there is no unforgivable sin. if you call yourself a christian and dont believe that, you might want to read your bible a little more, because that would mean that there is a sin that jesus cant forgive, and thats not christianity.



oh yeah, and dont do it dude. there are ups and downs in life that we all have to fight through. reach out to jesus and have faith...

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."

Ronald Reagan
U.S. President



"...when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security..."

Excerpt from the Declaration of Independence
FTW is offline  
post #25 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 01:54 PM
Full tilt boogie !!
 
Txstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: out yonder way
Posts: 10,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by avinson
Well the way he was saying it cause he is Christian he suffers more than others. I don't believe in religion so i could care less about it. But if he is basing his religion on if he wants to commit suicide than he needs help. Just my opinion.
no, I agree. Sounds like you and I have similar views. I was thinking that your comment would open a big religious debate is all.

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.


Txstang1 is offline  
post #26 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 02:16 PM
Pilgrim
 
Phillystang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,086
I don't think a Christian would commit suicide, you may want to examine yourself to see if you are in the faith.

2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves.
Phillystang is offline  
post #27 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 02:55 PM
T5-T56-Tremec specialist
 
thesource's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Heading back to Plentywood
Posts: 8,389
If you are seriously feeling like things are that bad , you need to seek professional help and quickly . It can be in the form of a doctor or even a spiritual leader .

We all have to deal with death , loss , depression and other things less pleasant in life . You work through it as you can and don't be afraid to talk about it with others to help you deal with the stress and emotions you are dealing with .
thesource is offline  
post #28 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 03:15 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by avinson
LOL random.
It's a good outlet for some.

I would move and try to start fresh, like at a beach..

SCT Tuned, K&N 77-Series Intake, Magnaflow Duals Cat-back, Cragar / Weld Prostars w/ BFG Radials..
Ohh yeah it's a Ranger..
crashonthebeach is offline  
post #29 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 04:01 PM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!
 
SS Junk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: under my junk
Posts: 7,049
I fully believe if you kill yourself you are carrying out the unpardonable sin. Suicide is a cowardly act. You are sending the message to God that not even He can help you deal with your problems. Very selfish. Your body is God's temple and suicide is destroying God's property and as already stated it is premeditated murder which, since you're dead you cannot ask forgiveness for.
SS Junk is offline  
post #30 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?
 
flashstang04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk
I fully believe if you kill yourself you are carrying out the unpardonable sin. Suicide is a cowardly act. You are sending the message to God that not even He can help you deal with your problems. Very selfish. Your body is God's temple and suicide is destroying God's property and as already stated it is premeditated murder which, since you're dead you cannot ask forgiveness for.

So Christ's death on the cross is not sufficient to forgive the sin of suicide? That is not biblical. Either His grace is sufficient or it is not, there is no in between....


sin is sin is sin, and all results in disobedience.

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
flashstang04 is offline  
post #31 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 04:15 PM
mannish boy
 
Cooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: drunk on diesel
Posts: 31,758
with that few ties, I'd get a job on the road stacking cash and getting as much random pussy as possible
Cooter is offline  
post #32 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 499
the problem with that scenario is i've got a great job here i'm close to finishing school and oddly I don't want other pussy
81redstang is offline  
post #33 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Pilgrim
 
Phillystang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk
I fully believe if you kill yourself you are carrying out the unpardonable sin. Suicide is a cowardly act. You are sending the message to God that not even He can help you deal with your problems. Very selfish. Your body is God's temple and suicide is destroying God's property and as already stated it is premeditated murder which, since you're dead you cannot ask forgiveness for.
Any biblical text to support your claim that suicide is the unpardonable sin? This is a serious matter no doubt, but we are not at liberty to impose our feelings onto people's consciences as if it were biblical truth.
Phillystang is offline  
post #34 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Pilgrim
 
Phillystang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81redstang
the problem with that scenario is i've got a great job here i'm close to finishing school and oddly I don't want other pussy
Hey listen to this brother

Phillystang is offline  
post #35 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 05:57 PM
You never go full retard
 
MotoMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: back in the gym.
Posts: 9,936
Believe it or not man God's listening you, you may just have to speak a little louder. Whether you hear it or not he'll answer back, I've been there bro, keep your head in the game. God won't put you through a trial that you can't handle, if he does then he'll put people in your life to help you through it.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
MotoMan is offline  
post #36 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 07:56 PM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!
 
SS Junk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: under my junk
Posts: 7,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashstang04
So Christ's death on the cross is not sufficient to forgive the sin of suicide? That is not biblical. Either His grace is sufficient or it is not, there is no in between....


sin is sin is sin, and all results in disobedience.
I believe if an individual is a Christian and decides to end his life then to me that is denying Christ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillystang
Any biblical text to support your claim that suicide is the unpardonable sin? This is a serious matter no doubt, but we are not at liberty to impose our feelings onto people's consciences as if it were biblical truth.
Did I ever state it as Biblical truth? I thought not. I am merely stating what I believe in. Suicide is one of the most cowardly acts a person could ever do. To me it's nothing more than slapping God in the face. I do not believe in "once saved/always saved..." Most of my belief comes from the book of Job. I don't think God's testing Job had a thing to do with him killing himself after all the suffering he went through.
SS Junk is offline  
post #37 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?
 
flashstang04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk
I believe if an individual is a Christian and decides to end his life then to me that is denying Christ.

It is still un biblical...


Peter denied Christ 3 times..and the man LIVED with him.. do you think Peter is in hell?

If you are saved you are forgiven (Escaping damnation) , even though you still have free will and will have to answer for what you do.

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
flashstang04 is offline  
post #38 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas
Posts: 123
guy, when your at the bottom, the only way to go is up.....and for the record, there is only one sin that cannot be forgiven. this is said by jesus in the book of matthew if im not mistaken, when i find it i will post it...and taking your own life is a sin, and yes you will go to hell. Just b/c you give your life to christ, it does not mean your that you will go straight to heaven, yes all your sins are forgiven, but will you repent for the future sins you committ???remember, the bible was written by messed up christians, for messed up christians, i trust it, i've tried to do what the bible says, and its worked out pretty well so far, if anyone ever said that life does not have a manual, i would totally disagree...

2001 Mustang Lazer Red 3.8L V6 5Spd
2004 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L V8 4spd auto
ANOTHER PONY WAITING TO BE ADDED TO THE STABLE.

BE GOOD, AND IF YOU CANT BE GOOD, BE GOOD AT IT.
FordRacingPony is offline  
post #39 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 09:23 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?
 
flashstang04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordRacingPony
..and taking your own life is a sin, and yes you will go to hell. Just b/c you give your life to christ, it does not mean your that you will go straight to heaven, yes all your sins are forgiven, but will you repent for the future sins you committ???.
Just wondering where you are getting your reasoning from this, it certainly is not scriptural.

As stated..either they are ALL forgiven, or they are not.

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
flashstang04 is offline  
post #40 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 09:59 PM
Lifer
 
Zfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,811
I have had depression issues myself in the past, suicide isn't the answer. Just think of what you will leave behind, pain and suffering for those that loved you, raised you and now have to pick up the pieces of what's left of their lives and move on.

Imagine what it would be like if someone you loved dearly was to do that to you, that's a heavy burden to lay on anyone you love.

I believe in God, Jesus Christ and the holy spirit, there is forgiveness but it is a sin as stated in the Bible and not just any sin.

Reach out to family or friends for help!!
Zfan is offline  
post #41 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 10:47 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Giving your mom a glass bottomed boat!
Posts: 1,289
If you are in the Dallas area you can get free help at MHMR on Samuell blvd, if you are a veteran go to the VA. Please get some sort of help ASAFP, as miserable as you are right now, just think of how your loved ones will feel. I'm not preaching at you, I'm just tryin to help as I've been down that road myself.
Jarhead88 is offline  
post #42 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 10:49 PM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!
 
SS Junk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: under my junk
Posts: 7,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashstang04
It is still un biblical...


Peter denied Christ 3 times..and the man LIVED with him.. do you think Peter is in hell?
That isn't for me or you to answer.
Quote:
If you are saved you are forgiven (Escaping damnation) , even though you still have free will and will have to answer for what you do.
This is your opinion. You have yours and I have mine. For the life of me I cannot see Christ forgiving an individual who decides to thumb his nose at God as well as the possibility of causing so much emotional turmoil with those closest to the one who takes his/her own life. As stated, there's no example in the Bible which specifically states killing yourself is indeed okay in God's eyes.
If I am that far down on my luck I'd much rather put God in control than defy His love by denying any chance Christ could give me to overcome my burdens. Once again, this is what I believe. I am not going to judge or say who is right or wrong in this situation since that is not my place. The Bible says we all must work out or own salvation as well as it saying God has a plan for every one of us. I can't imagine God's plan for any one person He created is to end their life...
SS Junk is offline  
post #43 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 11:59 PM
Pilgrim
 
Phillystang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk
I believe if an individual is a Christian and decides to end his life then to me that is denying Christ.
Why bring up the term 'unpardonable sin' then? Because the Bible clearly states what the unpardonable sin is and it is not suicide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk
Did I ever state it as Biblical truth? I thought not. I am merely stating what I believe in. Suicide is one of the most cowardly acts a person could ever do. To me it's nothing more than slapping God in the face. I do not believe in "once saved/always saved..."
Since you admit that the basis of your beliefs isn't biblical, I understand why you don't accept that once God saves a person He keeps them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk
Most of my belief comes from the book of Job. I don't think God's testing Job had a thing to do with him killing himself after all the suffering he went through.
The only problem is that Job didn't kill himself. ... and no one is saying that suicide is ok.

Last edited by Phillystang; 12-17-2008 at 12:16 AM.
Phillystang is offline  
post #44 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 12:05 AM
Pilgrim
 
Phillystang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordRacingPony
guy, when your at the bottom, the only way to go is up.....and for the record, there is only one sin that cannot be forgiven. this is said by jesus in the book of matthew if im not mistaken, when i find it i will post it...and taking your own life is a sin, and yes you will go to hell. Just b/c you give your life to christ, it does not mean your that you will go straight to heaven, yes all your sins are forgiven, but will you repent for the future sins you committ???remember, the bible was written by messed up christians, for messed up christians, i trust it, i've tried to do what the bible says, and its worked out pretty well so far, if anyone ever said that life does not have a manual, i would totally disagree...
You don't seem to understand the gospel my friend. We are not saved by our works nor kept saved by our works. Our works are like filthy rags in God's eyes. We are saved and preserved by God by His grace and for His glory. The believer's sin was placed upon Christ and punished at the cross. Christ's righteousness is credited to those who by grace through faith trust in what He has accompished.

The bible is not a set of dos and don'ts in order to obtain heaven. The law shows us that we are wicked sinners and that our only hope is to look upon Christ.
Phillystang is offline  
post #45 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 02:45 AM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!
 
SS Junk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: under my junk
Posts: 7,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillystang
Why bring up the term 'unpardonable sin' then? Because the Bible clearly states what the unpardonable sin is and it is not suicide.
The unpardonable sin has to do with blasphemy. If you are so wrapped up in your problems that you cannot ask for God's help and have faith He will lead you through your problems ultimately having the mindset that ending your life for resolve is the only answer then IMO that is a classic example of blasphemy.
Quote:
Since you admit that the basis of your beliefs isn't biblical, I understand why you don't accept that once God saves a person He keeps them.
Right. It is my opinion, however if you could provide biblical proof that what I am saying is wrong then I would like to read it. That would include some sort of passage stating how taking your own life is acceptable in the eyes of God.
Quote:
The only problem is that Job didn't kill himself. ... and no one is saying that suicide is ok.
Typo. I was stating that, "God's testing Job had nothing to do with him killing himself after all the suffering he went through."
So suicide is not ok? Now I'm confused. If you end your life you are "once saved always saved." It's just that easy, right? All you have to do is ask for forgiveness before swallowing a load of pills or pulling a trigger and presto chango, you instantly are granted peace and a guaranteed spot through the gates of heaven!
Retarded...

Last edited by SS Junk; 12-17-2008 at 03:14 AM.
SS Junk is offline  
post #46 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 06:06 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1
In John 10:28-30, Jesus says: “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one." The forgiveness of God through Christ is sufficient to cover all of our sins -- past, present, and future. There is nothing a person can do that God cannot forgive. This doctrine is supported by Romans 8:38-39, Ephesians 4:30, and Jude 24, among others.
toslow5.0 is offline  
post #47 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 08:51 AM
Every day is.............
 
cobrajet69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Keller
Posts: 9,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81redstang
If your christian and you commit suicide do you go straight to hell?

I won't get into the religious aspect of your question because, I [like everyone else on here] really don't know for sure what God would have in store for a person who commits suicide.


I will say this though; By asking your question, you've taken the first step toward recovering from these thoughts. Talking about suicide is a cry for help, regardless if you want to admit it or not. There is help for you, but you have to make an honest attempt to get it.

People in similar situations as yours, often find out that they have only been drowning themselves in self pity, often stemming from something that has has happened in their life that was bad or traumatic. You certainly qualify there.

Others may find that they have severe depression caused from a chemical imbalance. And that can be fixed with the right meds.

Either way, you have to come to terms with this "sickness" (and yes, it is a sickness, that can be fixed) and get passed it. As stated, you probably have no idea of what hardship you would cause loved ones to endure if you were to "make the wrong decision".

Remember the pain you felt when your g/f suffered, then died from her sickness? Then think about how she feels seeing you contemplating throwing away (with total disregard) what she had taken from her.

Any time I feel like things are getting unbearable, I look at someone who has it worse and usually find myself wanting to kick my self in the ass.

Seek help my friend. Simply talking to someone can change your life forever - literally!

Remember, the one thing the Dead know to be most true... "It's better to be alive!"

Good luck man!

David
cobrajet69 is offline  
post #48 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 09:17 AM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?
 
flashstang04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk
That isn't for me or you to answer.

This is your opinion. You have yours and I have mine. For the life of me I cannot see Christ forgiving an individual who decides to thumb his nose at God as well as the possibility of causing so much emotional turmoil with those closest to the one who takes his/her own life. As stated, there's no example in the Bible which specifically states killing yourself is indeed okay in God's eyes.
If I am that far down on my luck I'd much rather put God in control than defy His love by denying any chance Christ could give me to overcome my burdens. Once again, this is what I believe. I am not going to judge or say who is right or wrong in this situation since that is not my place. The Bible says we all must work out or own salvation as well as it saying God has a plan for every one of us. I can't imagine God's plan for any one person He created is to end their life...

God's plan for our lives does not also include lying, cheating, stealing, blasphemy, coveting, lust, and gluttony.....yet we all have done it. How can we possibly be forgiven in your view?


So in your opinion........does Christ forgive those that kill children as long as they ask for it and truly convert, yet condemn those Christians that are fooled by Satan into thinking that suicide is the way out? I am just trying to get a grasp on what you believe.

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
flashstang04 is offline  
post #49 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 09:24 AM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!
 
SS Junk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: under my junk
Posts: 7,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashstang04
God's plan for our lives does not also include lying, cheating, stealing, blasphemy, coveting, lust, and gluttony.....yet we all have done it. How can we possibly be forgiven in your view?
By asking for forgiveness. As stated you kill yourself you cannot really ask for forgiveness.
Quote:
I am just trying to get a grasp on what you believe.
No, what you're trying to do is plug in my belief of suicide with every other scenario known to man. My belief has been explained in pretty simple terms. An individual commits suicide they are admitting their problems are bigger than God which is never the case.
SS Junk is offline  
post #50 of 111 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Pilgrim
 
Phillystang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk
Right. It is my opinion, however if you could provide biblical proof that what I am saying is wrong then I would like to read it. That would include some sort of passage stating how taking your own life is acceptable in the eyes of God..
Who said it was acceptable? But there is all the difference in the world of something being unacceptable and something being the cause of losing your salvation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk
Typo. I was stating that, "God's testing Job had nothing to do with him killing himself after all the suffering he went through."
So suicide is not ok? Now I'm confused. If you end your life you are "once saved always saved." It's just that easy, right? All you have to do is ask for forgiveness before swallowing a load of pills or pulling a trigger and presto chango, you instantly are granted peace and a guaranteed spot through the gates of heaven!
Retarded...
No one ever said suicide was ok.


In regards to losing salvation, does Christ's intercession fail?

Hebrews 7:25
25Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.
Phillystang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome