Election Day - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Pilgrim

Election Day

Election Day
by Dan Phillips of http://teampyro.blogspot.com/

"Today I'll be casting my vote for president (among other things). Many factors go into my decision, and these elections have consequences. It could be argued that today's election is unusually fraught with consequences.

But it casts my mind back to another election, a vastly different election. I'd like to offer a number of contrasts.

Today's American election takes place (normally) every four years on the first Tuesday after the first Monday of November.

The election I'm thinking of took place once only, before the foundation of a world (Ephesians 1:4).

Today's election involves votes cast by millions of people of wildly varying circumstances, characters, levels of intelligence, and worldviews.

The eternal election only had three participants: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, each the quintessence of perfection in power, wisdom, holiness, and goodness (Ephesians 1:3-14).

Today's election requires that I take into account the career, character, accomplishments, stated convictions, and proposals of the candidates. My vote must be earned, in my estimation.

The eternal election actually is not only irrespective of (Romans 9:11), but contrary to the deserts of its objects. It is an election "that we should be holy and blameless before him" (Ephesians 1:4). If that is the objective (or outcome) of the choice, then what were we before that choice, if not altogether unholy, and blameworthy?

Today's election involves but a handful of candidates, and I can only choose one.

The eternal election considered every man, woman and child who would ever live; and from them, it selected not one, but a vast multitude that no man can number (Revelation 7:9).

Today's election offers me the opportunity to cast a vote that can be defeated by two contrary votes, or by fraud.

The eternal election was executed by the God who "does according to his will among the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand or say to him, 'What have you done?' (Daniel 4:35).

Today's election results will go down in the history books, but may well ultimately be forgotten.

The eternal election has as its object "that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:7).

Today's election will result in the praise of the victor and his campaign ( and maybe a few remarks about the media, either way).

The eternal election results in the praise of God's glorious grace, with which He surrounded us in His beloved one (Ephesians 1:6).

Today's election could be reversed or invalidated by evil acts, catastrophes, disasters, or other utterly unforeseeable events.

The eternal election is as certain and sure as yesterday, and there is no power in any part of the universe that can reverse its results (Romans 8:29-39).

Today's election is centered in the kingdom of man.

The eternal election consists of the gift of a chosen people by the Father to the Son (John 17:6), given to Him that He might save them (Matthew 1:21), wash, cleanse, and wed them (Ephesians 5:25-27).

Hopefully, we'll know the results of today's election by tomorrow.

The results of the eternal election are known every time the Word of God comes home in power to someone's heart, and he welcomes that word in repentant faith (1 Thessalonians 1:4-5; 2:13).

How people vote today makes some difference, under God's hand (Daniel 4:32).

God's eternal election makes all the difference (Psalm 103:19; 115:3)."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 06:52 AM
Lifer

Never in a million years would I allow Obama to raise my children if I were absent, that's how I voted.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSON
Never in a million years would I allow Obama to raise my children if I were absent, that's how I voted.
You missed the point dude.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Rockin' da fumanchu

Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
If you put that all together, I'm in awe of your knowledge of the Bible. Great post nonetheless.

Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceStang
You missed the point dude.
Obama = My Siah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement