Has anyone noticed... - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 05:41 AM Thread Starter
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Has anyone noticed...

Just how many major earthquakes we've been having lately?
Denny is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 11:15 AM
You never go full retard
 
MotoMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: back in the gym.
Posts: 9,936
Yup... rapture is coming, world's coming to an end. Denny I'll see you on the other side.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
MotoMan is offline  
post #3 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 11:17 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan
Yup... rapture is coming, world's coming to an end. Denny I'll see you on the other side.


Oh noes!!


Wtf ever. I was born and raised in California and earthquakes happen all the time. You just don't hear about them unless they are larger ones. Silly bible thumpers. lol

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
 
post #4 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Very Interesting
 
The Big Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Around the World
Posts: 9,856
God's mad at you!

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
The Big Matt is offline  
post #5 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 11:32 AM
You never go full retard
 
MotoMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: back in the gym.
Posts: 9,936
I'm not worried, I know my place in life and where I'll be after death.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
MotoMan is offline  
post #6 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 11:50 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan
I'm not worried, I know my place in life and where I'll be after death.

I was really beginning to respect you too.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #7 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 12:03 PM
You never go full retard
 
MotoMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: back in the gym.
Posts: 9,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
I was really beginning to respect you too.
Haha it's cool Steve, I'm really not the Bible thumper like most people that were born and raised in a church are. I know right from wrong and I do plenty of wrong, which that's my choice, but I know and believe that I'm forgiven for it. Yeah I know that doesn't make it right and I dont do it just to get away with it. I have my faith and beliefs but you won't see me going around saying oh you're going to hell if you don't do this and all that nonsense.


EDIT: And you know I could totally be wrong in the end, who knows. Maybe there's no heaven, hell, no God and no Satan... But I'd say that's where faith lies.... guess we'll find out one day.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
MotoMan is offline  
post #8 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 12:20 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan
Haha it's cool Steve, I'm really not the Bible thumper like most people that were born and raised in a church are. I know right from wrong and I do plenty of wrong, which that's my choice, but I know and believe that I'm forgiven for it. Yeah I know that doesn't make it right and I dont do it just to get away with it. I have my faith and beliefs but you won't see me going around saying oh you're going to hell if you don't do this and all that nonsense.


EDIT: And you know I could totally be wrong in the end, who knows. Maybe there's no heaven, hell, no God and no Satan... But I'd say that's where faith lies.... guess we'll find out one day.

I'm all for whatever makes someone a better person no matter what it might be. It's progression of life, first it's the Tooth Fairy, then you stop believing in Santa Claus, then you grow up a lil more and realize that there is no proof of heaven or hell or this arrogant "God" person.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #9 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Nothing abnormal.

http://neic.usgs.gov/neis/eqlists/eqstats.html

Quote:
The USGS estimates that several million earthquakes occur in the world each year. Many go undetected because they hit remote areas or have very small magnitudes. The NEIC now locates about 50 earthquakes each day, or about 20,000 a year.

As more and more seismographs are installed in the world, more earthquakes can be and have been located. However, the number of large earthquakes (magnitude 6.0 and greater) has stayed relatively constant.
...

We continue to be asked by many people throughout the world if earthquakes are on the increase. Although it may seem that we are having more earthquakes, earthquakes of magnitude 7.0 or greater have remained fairly constant.

A partial explanation may lie in the fact that in the last twenty years, we have definitely had an increase in the number of earthquakes we have been able to locate each year. This is because of the tremendous increase in the number of seismograph stations in the world and the many improvements in global communications. In 1931, there were about 350 stations operating in the world; today, there are more than 8,000 stations and the data now comes in rapidly from these stations by electronic mail, internet and satellite. This increase in the number of stations and the more timely receipt of data has allowed us and other seismological centers to locate earthquakes more rapidly and to locate many small earthquakes which were undetected in earlier years. The NEIC now locates about 20,000 earthquakes each year or approximately 50 per day. Also, because of the improvements in communications and the increased interest in the environment and natural disasters, the public now learns about more earthquakes.

According to long-term records (since about 1900), we expect about 17 major earthquakes (7.0 - 7.9) and one great earthquake (8.0 or above) in any given year.
And while 2008 data is incomplete, it is a relatively quiet year for large quakes.
Casper is offline  
post #10 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 12:50 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
I'm all for whatever makes someone a better person no matter what it might be. It's progression of life, first it's the Tooth Fairy, then you stop believing in Santa Claus, then you grow up a lil more and realize that there is no proof of heaven or hell or this arrogant "God" person.

There are four stages of Christian Faith according to Rev. John H. Westerhoff:

Experienced Faith - tradition and rituals
Affiliative Faith - being part of a Christian community
Searching Faith - questioning and testing
Owned Faith - personal enlightenment

I've grown up not just a "lil" more, but a lot more, and have reached the fourth stage. There is no "arrogant God person" LOL any more than there is a Tooth Fairy or Santa Claus. The "arrogant God person" to which you refer is simply your attempt to pigeonhole something beyond your understanding into human terms, a common human weakness that you have so kindly illustrated in yourself.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #11 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 12:57 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
The "arrogant God person" to which you refer is simply your attempt to pigeonhole something beyond your understanding into human terms, a common human weakness that you have so kindly illustrated in yourself.

That's just a weak exuse to get around the fact you have no proof of anything.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #12 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
Oh noes!!


Wtf ever. I was born and raised in California and earthquakes happen all the time. You just don't hear about them unless they are larger ones. Silly bible thumpers. lol
I spent the first 15 years of my life in California (we used to fuck around at the San Andreas trench), but I'm talking world-wide as well.
Denny is offline  
post #13 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 01:01 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
That's just a weak exuse to get around the fact you have no proof of anything.
I do, it's called Owned Faith.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #14 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
I remember feeling earthquakes all the time... very light ones. I'm just wondering about these 5.0+ magnitudes as of late.
Denny is offline  
post #15 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?
 
flashstang04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
That's just a weak exuse to get around the fact you have no proof of anything.

We actually have little proof of a lot of stuff... faith is no exception. I would rather believe in faith and be wrong than not believe and be wrong.

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
flashstang04 is offline  
post #16 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 02:03 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashstang04
We actually have little proof of a lot of stuff... faith is no exception. I would rather believe in faith and be wrong than not believe and be wrong.
That must suck living life with a constant threat hanging over your head.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #17 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Very Interesting
 
The Big Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Around the World
Posts: 9,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
That must suck living life with a constant threat hanging over your head.
fear drives a lot of men to do things they normally wouldn't

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
The Big Matt is offline  
post #18 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?
 
flashstang04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
........ living life with a constant freedom hanging over your head.


fixt

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
flashstang04 is offline  
post #19 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
That must suck living life with a constant threat hanging over your head.
Does it? What's it like, because Iim blessed (and glad) that I don't have to.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #20 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 05:19 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Nothing abnormal.

http://neic.usgs.gov/neis/eqlists/eqstats.html

And while 2008 data is incomplete, it is a relatively quiet year for large quakes.
Cursseeee youuuuu scieeennnceeee! I wanted to overreact
exlude is offline  
post #21 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 05:20 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashstang04
I would rather believe in faith and be wrong than not believe and be wrong.
I hate when people say this. I'm sure you'll agree, but the above is absolutely NO reason to believe in God. Just a pet peeve :P
exlude is offline  
post #22 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
I hate when people say this. I'm sure you'll agree, but the above is absolutely NO reason to believe in God. Just a pet peeve :P
I agree with that statement exlude, although I won't go so far as to say I "hate" it. It comes across as being a self-serving reason to have faith to me, or maybe a hedge.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #23 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?
 
flashstang04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
I agree with that statement exlude, although I won't go so far as to say I "hate" it. It comes across as being a self-serving reason to have faith to me, or maybe a hedge.


*sigh*

As I explained in a PM earlier, a believer needs no such explanation, it is a way to communicate logic in belief to an unbeliever.

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
flashstang04 is offline  
post #24 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 09:37 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
That's why I said, "I'm sure you'll agree". I know what you mean, just a pet peeve of mine to hear it :P
exlude is offline  
post #25 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Nothing abnormal.

http://neic.usgs.gov/neis/eqlists/eqstats.html



And while 2008 data is incomplete, it is a relatively quiet year for large quakes.
You nasty thread killer!

05 GT Torch Red C&L CAI, Diablo 93 tune, BMR LCR's & UCR, Pro 5.0, S UDP, Mac
<a href="http://giftube.com/"><img src="http://giftube.com/gifs/1016.gif" alt=""></a><br/><a style="padding:3px;background: transparent;color:#00ADEF;font-family:tahoma;font-size:10px;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none;" href="http://giftube.com/" target="_blank">Gifs at Giftube.com </a>
jones4stangs is offline  
post #26 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: East of Dallas
Posts: 11
I do agree with the point that there are more quake detection sites worldwide, but 2007 is the only year in recorded history that there have been 4 quakes over 8.0 in magnitude...EVER! The average count for quakes that big is 1. I do think something is happening and like many am not 100% sure what it is. One thing that seems to fit is Matthew 24:4-8. ....earthquakes in various places. The kicker for me is verse 8 that says these are the beginnings of the birth pains. Think about a womans labor pains.....they start off slow and less intense and increase as the time draws near. 4 magnitude 8.0 or higher quakes last year????
coupe93 is offline  
post #27 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Lifer
 
89gt-stanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Keller
Posts: 2,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Just how many major earthquakes we've been having lately?
Why in the religious forum?

NO NO NO, it should be DFWLS1's, CUMMINS, C6 VETTES.net
89gt-stanger is offline  
post #28 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 04:27 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89gt-stanger
Why in the religious forum?
It's what we call a not-so-subtle inference.
exlude is offline  
post #29 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bandera County
Posts: 918
I am sure when the end is near, the Jesuits will let us know.

http://jescience.paignion.info/wp-co...seismology.htm

03 Mach1
[email protected] N/A
Brain_Mach1 is offline  
post #30 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89gt-stanger
Why in the religious forum?
Cause it's Jesus, rocking yo face!!!
Denny is offline  
post #31 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 03:04 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!
 
DarkWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe93
I do agree with the point that there are more quake detection sites worldwide, but 2007 is the only year in recorded history that there have been 4 quakes over 8.0 in magnitude...EVER! The average count for quakes that big is 1. I do think something is happening and like many am not 100% sure what it is. One thing that seems to fit is Matthew 24:4-8. ....earthquakes in various places. The kicker for me is verse 8 that says these are the beginnings of the birth pains. Think about a womans labor pains.....they start off slow and less intense and increase as the time draws near. 4 magnitude 8.0 or higher quakes last year????
That's just since 1990, not recorded history. In 1995 there were 3 8.0 or higher. There were also 3 in 1946. The yearly average may be 1, but 4 is only one more than has ever been recorded before. You make it sound like there was a sudden 400% increase in 8.0+ earthquake activity.

Actually if you look at the 8.0+ seismic activity since 1900, the vast majority of them occur in the pacific along the various pacific trenches. Considering that there's been a massive increase in monitoring stations in the past 20 years, naturally more quakes will be detected.

And there was that whole Indoesia quake/tsunami in 2004, and the additional monitoring stations and early warning systems set up since then. The 4 8.0+ quakes that occured in 2007 were all along the pacific trenches... where there's been an increase in monitoring stations since 2004. Starting to see a pattern yet?

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
DarkWolf is offline  
post #32 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 07:27 AM
v2004 rebooted.
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 30,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf
That's just since 1990, not recorded history. In 1995 there were 3 8.0 or higher. There were also 3 in 1946. The yearly average may be 1, but 4 is only one more than has ever been recorded before. You make it sound like there was a sudden 400% increase in 8.0+ earthquake activity.

Actually if you look at the 8.0+ seismic activity since 1900, the vast majority of them occur in the pacific along the various pacific trenches. Considering that there's been a massive increase in monitoring stations in the past 20 years, naturally more quakes will be detected.

And there was that whole Indoesia quake/tsunami in 2004, and the additional monitoring stations and early warning systems set up since then. The 4 8.0+ quakes that occured in 2007 were all along the pacific trenches... where there's been an increase in monitoring stations since 2004. Starting to see a pattern yet?

Get the hell outta here with all that logic and common sense!!
talisman is offline  
post #33 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
God is most certainly not limited to, or by, man's "logic" and "common" sense LOL
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #34 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 12:37 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Sure, but if trying to use physical occurrences (earthquakes) as revelation of certain prophecies...you probably should apply logic and common sense to make sure you really understand what is going on in the physical world.
exlude is offline  
post #35 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 03:28 AM
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
This is all very common and quite normal.

http://neic.usgs.gov/neis/eqlists/eqstats.html

The USGS estimates that several million earthquakes occur in the world each year. Many go undetected because they hit remote areas or have very small magnitudes. The NEIC now locates about 50 earthquakes each day, or about 20,000 a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
post #36 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Custom User Title
 
silvercobra03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,985
Denny it's just earthquakes you will be ok they come and go just a roll of the dice Jesus doesn't want you yet at least not untill after you have taken care of Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I'd fuck her and confess my love while using my wife as the mattress.
silvercobra03 is offline  
post #37 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 07:20 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bandera County
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
That must suck living life with a constant threat hanging over your head.
Please excuse me if I missunderstand your comment. It could be viewed 2 ways.

Unless you are are an Idi Amin type dictator, you are living under laws. What prevents you from breaking the law? Is it a constant thread of being punished?

When you see a car you like at a car show, what prevents you from killing the owner and driving off in their car?

What prevents most people from killing and stealing is maturity and respect and not fear of punishment. If God is real, how much more respect does He diserve than some stranger on the street?

I think your comment is about the fear of the end times. Some people look to earthquakes in hopes of the second coming. They want to meet God now. Well, the Jesuits studied seismology in hopes of helping people that live in the regions prone to earthquakes.

I guess it is a matter of selfish expectation versus helping your neighbor.

I think it was a man named Jesus that said, "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

03 Mach1
[email protected] N/A
Brain_Mach1 is offline  
post #38 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 01:48 AM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
I think maturity is learning the subtleties of risk and applying them to your behavior. Nothing more.

I've always worn my seat belt, because it was the law on military bases at least back into the mid 60s, unless your car didn't have them of course. The safety awareness aspect only grew from the threat of being caught.

On the other hand, I don't write fake prescriptions to avoid doctor fees simply because of the threat of prosecution. I tell my doctor what I want and pay him to write me a prescription. I fail to see any moral or ethical sense in doing so, since I am able to as long as I play the money game. I doubt I ever will.

There are of course those moral and ethical pressures which prevent us from doing certain things simply because we can't stand people who do so and cannot stomach the thought of becoming one of those people. The threat of self-ostracism is still a threat though.
Casper is offline  
post #39 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 08:28 AM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?
 
flashstang04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I think maturity is learning the subtleties of risk and applying them to your behavior. Nothing more.

I've always worn my seat belt, because it was the law on military bases at least back into the mid 60s, unless your car didn't have them of course. The safety awareness aspect only grew from the threat of being caught.

On the other hand, I don't write fake prescriptions to avoid doctor fees simply because of the threat of prosecution. I tell my doctor what I want and pay him to write me a prescription. I fail to see any moral or ethical sense in doing so, since I am able to as long as I play the money game. I doubt I ever will.

There are of course those moral and ethical pressures which prevent us from doing certain things simply because we can't stand people who do so and cannot stomach the thought of becoming one of those people. The threat of self-ostracism is still a threat though.



You were driving in the 60s????






Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
flashstang04 is offline  
post #40 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89gt-stanger
Why in the religious forum?
Do you think our brain waves, being out of wack, collectively can cause earthquakes? If so, blame it on the Mu-slums, them's wack.
FSON is offline  
post #41 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 11:49 AM
Lifer
 
89gt-stanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Keller
Posts: 2,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSON
Do you think our brain waves, being out of wack, collectively can cause earthquakes? If so, blame it on the Mu-slums, them's wack.
Yep, God is killing people again.

NO NO NO, it should be DFWLS1's, CUMMINS, C6 VETTES.net
89gt-stanger is offline  
post #42 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 01:21 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Earthquakes, God, Fires, God, wind blows too hard, God. Ugh.

This thread reminds of those stories about people who find images of Jesus/Mary in a loaf of bread, a waterfall, a waterstain on a wall etc.



Comedy, pure comedy.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #43 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,249
So G#d is brain waves?
FSON is offline  
post #44 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 02:10 PM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashstang04
You were driving in the 60s????





Technically I was referring to being in a vehicle as a passenger as well

But I first drove a car in 1969, so I guess yeah, go ahead, I'm old...
Casper is offline  
post #45 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I've always worn my seat belt, because it was the law on military bases at least back into the mid 60s, unless your car didn't have them of course. The safety awareness aspect only grew from the threat of being caught.
You went from one military structure to another.
Boy howdy, I loved that base housing, and B52s shaking windows at 4am to boot. But G#d was on our side.
FSON is offline  
post #46 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 02:56 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
fail owned pwned pictures
see more pwn and owned pictures

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #47 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,249
Main Entry: seˇmanˇtics
Pronunciation: \si-ˈman-tiks\
Function: noun plural but singular or plural in construction
Date: 1893
1: the study of meanings: a: the historical and psychological study and the classification of changes in the signification of words or forms viewed as factors in linguistic development b (1): semiotic (2): a branch of semiotic dealing with the relations between signs and what they refer to and including theories of denotation, extension, naming, and truth
2: general semantics
3 a: the meaning or relationship of meanings of a sign or set of signs; especially : connotative meaning b: the language used (as in advertising or political propaganda) to achieve a desired effect on an audience especially through the use of words with novel or dual meanings
FSON is offline  
post #48 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 74
something never comes from nothing, therefore someone or in some peoples case something created it . I prefer to have faith!
THARRISON is offline  
post #49 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Lifer
 
46Tbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 33,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
Oh noes!!


Wtf ever. I was born and raised in California and earthquakes happen all the time. You just don't hear about them unless they are larger ones. Silly bible thumpers. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
I was really beginning to respect you too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
I'm all for whatever makes someone a better person no matter what it might be. It's progression of life, first it's the Tooth Fairy, then you stop believing in Santa Claus, then you grow up a lil more and realize that there is no proof of heaven or hell or this arrogant "God" person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
That's just a weak exuse to get around the fact you have no proof of anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
That must suck living life with a constant threat hanging over your head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
Earthquakes, God, Fires, God, wind blows too hard, God. Ugh.

This thread reminds of those stories about people who find images of Jesus/Mary in a loaf of bread, a waterfall, a waterstain on a wall etc.



Comedy, pure comedy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD

Do you realize you posted seven times in this thread? All of the posts sent out with the deliberate mission of belittling other people.

What is your problem? I think you should be banned from this forum for your complete lack of respect for other people's viewpoints. A healthy conversation and debate is fine. You must feel like shit since your only purpose here and in life is to ridicule other people. You do it constantly.

Maybe you need to come to terms with whatever is obviously bothering you inside.
46Tbird is offline  
post #50 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
Do you realize you posted seven times in this thread? All of the posts sent out with the deliberate mission of belittling other people.

What is your problem? I think you should be banned from this forum for your complete lack of respect for other people's viewpoints. A healthy conversation and debate is fine. You must feel like shit since your only purpose here and in life is to ridicule other people. You do it constantly.

Maybe you need to come to terms with whatever is obviously bothering you inside.
After the events today, we'll see his posture.
Denny is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome