Does your church preach the Gospel? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Pilgrim
 
Phillystang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,086
Does your church preach the Gospel?

Phillystang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Rockin' da fumanchu
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Posts: 7,224
What's the speakers name?





Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
Tx Redneck is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 01:41 AM Thread Starter
Pilgrim
 
Phillystang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Redneck
What's the speakers name?
Paul Washer
Phillystang is offline  
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 01:42 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
I can't view it though this firwall. What's it about?
Denny is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 03:57 AM
Rockin' da fumanchu
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Posts: 7,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillystang
Paul Washer
OK While his theology seems correct, he sounds like a hyper calvanist.





Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
Tx Redneck is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Pilgrim
 
Phillystang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Redneck
OK While his theology seems correct, he sounds like a hyper calvanist.
You may be unfamiliar with the term. Hyper-Calvinists are not concerned with preaching the Gospel or calling people to faith. Yet, Paul has risked his life in the jungles of Peru and with the Gypsy population in Romania for the sake of missions and the Gospel.
Phillystang is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Rockin' da fumanchu
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Posts: 7,224
I say that based mostly on a vid of him you posted a while back and this is not to unlike it. Believe you me,I am all for getting the message out. THis world going to hell in a hand basket and people don't seem to want to get out.





Listen to my buddy, Jeff Bolton, from 6-9 AM Mon-Fri.

Obamanomics = Trickle Up Poverty

Think you need to format/reinstall your OS(XP), read this first.
Tx Redneck is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 02:03 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
I can't view it though this firwall. What's it about?
Nothing exciting or provoting. He's bacially says, don't just talk about being "saved", but live it.

05 GT Torch Red C&L CAI, Diablo 93 tune, BMR LCR's & UCR, Pro 5.0, S UDP, Mac
<a href="http://giftube.com/"><img src="http://giftube.com/gifs/1016.gif" alt=""></a><br/><a style="padding:3px;background: transparent;color:#00ADEF;font-family:tahoma;font-size:10px;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none;" href="http://giftube.com/" target="_blank">Gifs at Giftube.com </a>
jones4stangs is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 11:32 PM
blank
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In the Air
Posts: 2,380
The dark scary music set the right tone............Scare tactics
5.0LiterRiceEater is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Pilgrim
 
Phillystang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,086
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom
Phillystang is offline  
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Pilgrim
 
Phillystang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by jones4stangs
Nothing exciting or provoting. He's bacially says, don't just talk about being "saved", but live it.
hmmm, let me take a try.

Paul Washer helps shine light on the modern gospel message and gospel invitation that is so prevalent in modern christianity. A gospel-lite christianity that is built more upon cliches and pragmatics rather than the Word of God. Doctrine and expository preaching is toned down in favor of cinematics and self help talks. Jesus is a buddy rather than a Savior and Lord.

I'm sure you've heard it, perhaps your pastor uses it, the whole idea of "Ask Jesus into your heart" in order to be saved. This is a modern invention that is found nowhere in Scripture. The biblical call is to repent and believe the Gospel (Mark 1:15).

Both of which (repentance and faith) are a gift of God's grace wrought in the life of the believer as the Holy Spirit convicts a person of sin. Acts 11:18 and 2 Timothy 2:25, 1 Corinthians 12:8-10 Ephesians 2:8.

Many folks who have no concern for God, His Word, other brothers and Sisters in Christ (the Church) think themselves saved because one time long ago they said a prayer. They are trusting in a decision and not the person of Christ.

This much needed wake up call is the message that Paul Washer preaches to the evangelical community.
Phillystang is offline  
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 10:29 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Agree....get back to the Bible, and let it show us the unadulterated Truth.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 11:50 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillystang
hmmm, let me take a try.

Paul Washer helps shine light on the modern gospel message and gospel invitation that is so prevalent in modern christianity. A gospel-lite christianity that is built more upon cliches and pragmatics rather than the Word of God. Doctrine and expository preaching is toned down in favor of cinematics and self help talks. Jesus is a buddy rather than a Savior and Lord.

I'm sure you've heard it, perhaps your pastor uses it, the whole idea of "Ask Jesus into your heart" in order to be saved. This is a modern invention that is found nowhere in Scripture. The biblical call is to repent and believe the Gospel (Mark 1:15).

Both of which (repentance and faith) are a gift of God's grace wrought in the life of the believer as the Holy Spirit convicts a person of sin. Acts 11:18 and 2 Timothy 2:25, 1 Corinthians 12:8-10 Ephesians 2:8.

Many folks who have no concern for God, His Word, other brothers and Sisters in Christ (the Church) think themselves saved because one time long ago they said a prayer. They are trusting in a decision and not the person of Christ.

This much needed wake up call is the message that Paul Washer preaches to the evangelical community.
Your summary was much better.

05 GT Torch Red C&L CAI, Diablo 93 tune, BMR LCR's & UCR, Pro 5.0, S UDP, Mac
<a href="http://giftube.com/"><img src="http://giftube.com/gifs/1016.gif" alt=""></a><br/><a style="padding:3px;background: transparent;color:#00ADEF;font-family:tahoma;font-size:10px;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none;" href="http://giftube.com/" target="_blank">Gifs at Giftube.com </a>
jones4stangs is offline  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: McKinney
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillystang
hmmm, let me take a try.

Paul Washer helps shine light on the modern gospel message and gospel invitation that is so prevalent in modern christianity. A gospel-lite christianity that is built more upon cliches and pragmatics rather than the Word of God. Doctrine and expository preaching is toned down in favor of cinematics and self help talks. Jesus is a buddy rather than a Savior and Lord.

I'm sure you've heard it, perhaps your pastor uses it, the whole idea of "Ask Jesus into your heart" in order to be saved. This is a modern invention that is found nowhere in Scripture. The biblical call is to repent and believe the Gospel (Mark 1:15).

Both of which (repentance and faith) are a gift of God's grace wrought in the life of the believer as the Holy Spirit convicts a person of sin. Acts 11:18 and 2 Timothy 2:25, 1 Corinthians 12:8-10 Ephesians 2:8.

Many folks who have no concern for God, His Word, other brothers and Sisters in Christ (the Church) think themselves saved because one time long ago they said a prayer. They are trusting in a decision and not the person of Christ.

This much needed wake up call is the message that Paul Washer preaches to the evangelical community.
Agreed. These words come to mind - Perseverance of the saints.

America is inundated with this free-grace ideology. "Come on down and give your heart to Jesus." After that, no mention of perseverance or "taking up the cross" and following Him. Churches don't preach that way though. Why? The message isn't marketable. No one wants to hear what truly following Christ is.

But, like the Word says. "Wide is the gate that leads to eternal damnation, and narrow is the road that leads to eternal life." Funny how the majority of church-goers "think" they're going to heaven.

Good thread brother.
RiceStang is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 09:33 AM
Philippians 4:13
 
She-Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Little Elm
Posts: 7,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceStang
America is inundated with this free-grace ideology. "Come on down and give your heart to Jesus." After that, no mention of perseverance or "taking up the cross" and following Him. Churches don't preach that way though. Why? The message isn't marketable. No one wants to hear what truly following Christ is.
Our Church preaches that. Matthew 16:24 I'm all about not being a mediocre Christian.


She-Ra is offline  
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 07:27 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: McKinney
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by She-Ra
Our Church preaches that. Matthew 16:24
Very good. Because Perseverance is the key to finally entering glory one day. Without it, your "salvation" was just an empty prayer you said one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by She-Ra
I'm all about not being a mediocre Christian.
So, you're Sold-Out She-Ra huh?
RiceStang is offline  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 07:58 AM
Lifer
 
YoBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Little Elm
Posts: 4,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceStang


So, you're Sold-Out She-Ra huh?
Sold-Out? How so?
I have commited my life to Christ, if that's sold-out...than Yes.

<--She-ra
YoBro is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome