The Bruised Reed - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Painting Your House

The Bruised Reed

This is the name of a book that a very close long time friend of mine wrote and published in 2006. I was at his house about a year ago, and he asked me if I had read his book yet. Long story short, he gave me a copy and told me to read it.

I'm really not much of a reader, but I have been getting so many spiritual crossings and nudges, that I have made a few changes in my life and decided to read his book.

Tony and I met at a church about twenty years ago and we have been close friends ever since. Our kids grew up playing together, some from infants on. Tony and I worked together for 12+ years that kept us both spiritually strong in sharing God's word to each other through the years.

Anyway...I just wanted to pass along some very good reading to both Christians as well as nonbelievers.

The book is "The Bruised Reed" by Tony Larussa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 06:43 AM Thread Starter
Painting Your House

www.kingdomcrier.com

Link to author and book.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 06:47 AM
Out

You know Tony Larussa?

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Painting Your House

For 20 years now. Not the baseball guy though.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Out

I thought "The Bruised Reed" was written by Richard Sibbes, though.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Painting Your House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Not unless its another book. Check out the link I posted and you'll see more of the book as well as Tony and his family.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Painting Your House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Sure enough. I found it written in 1998. But I assure you that its a completely different book.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Out

OK. I read something different then. LOL
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 07:23 PM
v2004 rebooted.

LOL @ anyone giving the time of day to a self published vanity book.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Painting Your House

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman
LOL @ anyone giving the time of day to a self published vanity book.
Its good to see you regular like in the theology forum.

Self vanity book? I can see clearly that you haven't read it yet.

Tell you what...I'll buy you a copy if you'll read it.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Painting Your House

The introduction...

The body of Christ is foundationally perishing because it lacks the vision of Gods perspective. It is being destroyed for lack of revelation knowledge concerning His kingdom, His ways and heart. Likewise, the foundations of the United States of America are being destroyed. It seems as if the church, (the body of Christ) and the country are on a parallel course. Spiritually and nationally we are losing our liberties. We are a bruised people who are ignorantly and apathetically causing our own calamity. The heart and soul of our people is one of insatiable want of soul and spirit. We have become a soul sick people due to sin, apathy, ignorance and deception. By consuming dead religion from professional preachers and by believing and supporting politicians that feed us hype rather than real hope and truth, we have become jaded in all our ways and can no longer see our way clearly. The Word declares in Proverbs 13:12

Hope deferred makes the heart sick,

but when the desire is fulfilled, it is a tree of life.

As in biblical days gone by, and in this day, we need a generation of Joshua’s and Caleb’s. We need them politically and spiritually in this nation and the world. Joshua and Caleb wandered in the wilderness for forty years of hardship while their unbelieving stiff necked generation died, failing to enter God’s rest and promise. Eventually, the time came for them to lead the offspring of that dead generation through the trials of a wilderness experience and eventually unto the promise of God. Joshua and Caleb understood that for a people to remain free, they must never forget where they came from nor forget the sacrifices in blood made to obtain that freedom. If this happened, the mindset and hard heart condition that apposes the righteousness of God would creep back into the nation’s soul. A rebellious and unbelieving heart would eventually rise up. Freedom from oppression is always paid for in blood

As described in the Bible, they were men who possessed “a more excellent spirit”. A spirit that believes and says; “Yes to God” at any cost! Praise God for his mercy! Today, He is raising up a new generation of them, born for these days to empower a scattered people. If you are reading this book, you my friend could be one of them! They are a generation of voices who know their covenant rights and privileges in the Kingdom of God, crying out in the marketplace, proclaiming righteousness and grace. Their role within it, is to preach and teach the message of The Kingdom as Jesus did, confronting anything contrary to its establishment and authority, to remind us once again who God really is and what He has promised, reminding us that nothing is too great for Him in us, to overcome. We need to be reminded.

As Americans and Christians, we have forgotten if we were ever really told. Because we lack the knowledge and vision of who we are as a people nationally and spiritually according to the wisdom and righteousness of God, we consequently have lost sight of who He really is. We have forgotten His faithfulness in the divine establishment of our nation. As the author and finisher of our faith, our ancestors sought a land to worship Him free from oppression. Secular humanism has been embraced in our western culture and has weakened our resolve to rely on God as the final authority concerning our condition and position as a people born of His purpose.

Rather than conform to Him, we’ve molded Him into our image. Our perspective of Him has become marred in our minds, affecting our hearts.

Spiritually, we permitted dead religious doctrines to birth novices or hirelings in the pulpit, preaching traditions mixed with legalism. Socially and politically, we empower revisionists of history and teachers of evolution who blatantly conceal the truth of our real origin. Rather than a spiritual people who know who they are FIRST as kings and priests unto God, we have become a nation of powerless patriots because we won’t honor God above all else, including country. Our founding fathers understood that God was pre-eminent in our direction and formation as a collective people of faith. Well, He was supposed to remain there! Whether we choose to agree or not, He was and always has been the foundation to the life and character of our country. Do we really trust God?

We have become sheep following men instead of God, so the moral compass of our life is malfunctioning........
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 08:15 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSnake1996
Its good to see you regular like in the theology forum.

Self vanity book? I can see clearly that you haven't read it yet.

Tell you what...I'll buy you a copy if you'll read it.

Not that I expect you to know jack about the publishing world, but a book that is self published: ie, a person pays a publisher to publish it instead of vice versa, is called a vanity book. I don't have to read it to know that. Self published books are the bottom of the barrel, right down there with the writers that write the movie version of a big summertime action movies. Dreck.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Painting Your House

Quote:
Not that I expect you to know jack about the publishing world, but a book that is self published: ie, a person pays a publisher to publish it instead of vice versa, is called a vanity book. I don't have to read it to know that. Self published books are the bottom of the barrel, right down there with the writers that write the movie version of a big summertime action movies. Dreck.
Oh...My bad.

My offer still stands if you'd like to read the book.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 08:30 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
Oh...My bad.

My offer still stands if you'd like to read the book.
Busy getting enlightenment from this right now, thanks.

http://www.amazon.com/Snuff-Chuck-Pa...3151185&sr=8-1

and plan to follow up with some good old Satan Burger:

http://www.amazon.com/Satan-Burger-C...3151696&sr=8-1

Last edited by talisman; 06-10-2008 at 08:36 PM.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Painting Your House

Quote:
Busy getting enlightenment from this right now, thanks.

http://www.amazon.com/Snuff-Chuck-Pa...3151185&sr=8-1

and plan to follow up with some good old Satan Burger:

http://www.amazon.com/Satan-Burger-C...3151696&sr=8-1
Eric...I really think you are a better man than you pretend to be.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 08:52 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
Eric...I really think you are a better man than you pretend to be.

Am I pretending to be a bad man? I'm serious, I'm half way through Snuff and Satan Burger is sitting on my desk 3 inches from my clacking fingertips with the rest of the books I've got to read.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Painting Your House

Quote:
Am I pretending to be a bad man? I'm serious, I'm half way through Snuff and Satan Burger is sitting on my desk 3 inches from my clacking fingertips with the rest of the books I've got to read.
Bad never entered my mind. "Ass" did though.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 09:01 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
Bad never entered my mind. "Ass" did though.

I am pretty badass.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Painting Your House

Quote:
I am pretty badass.
LOL.

This old man is plum tired. I'll catch ya tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement