Sodom & Gomorrah Found - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Sodom & Gomorrah Found

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwTVFk1HK3Y

They show city ruins that are completely ashen now, and they show the lab results of the sulfur and the ash, and the sulfur's effects on the ash, and the expected compounds this would produce. There are millions of sulfur balls everywhere, and the buildings and walls are all turned to ash, sort of compressed ash mostly, yet still standing and extremely weathered. They examine the sulfur and show that it's unlike sulfur anywhere else in the world, apparently. The sulfur burns so hot it can reduce rock to ash, and that's exactly what the Bible says happened. Fire and brimstone, another name for sulfur, is said to have been rained down on Sodom & Gomorrah reducing it to ash. In another video I saw, the sulfur melts through a spoon without even being lit of fire. Interesting stuff.

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwTVFk1HK3Y

They show city ruins that are completely ashen now, and they show the lab results of the sulfur and the ash, and the sulfur's effects on the ash, and the expected compounds this would produce. There are millions of sulfur balls everywhere, and the buildings and walls are all turned to ash, sort of compressed ash mostly, yet still standing and extremely weathered. They examine the sulfur and show that it's unlike sulfur anywhere else in the world, apparently. The sulfur burns so hot it can reduce rock to ash, and that's exactly what the Bible says happened. Fire and brimstone, another name for sulfur, is said to have been rained down on Sodom & Gomorrah reducing it to ash. In another video I saw, the sulfur melts through a spoon without even being lit of fire. Interesting stuff.
It is unfortunate that Ron Wyatt's hucksterism still gets passed off as archeology. There are still people who insist he found chariot wheels in the dead sea.
Casper is offline  
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
In fact, if anyone really is interested in scholarly research of biblical archeology, and you just have to have a Christian perspective, I recommend the ABR newsletter. Here's their take on this particular mees from Wyatt (they are not fond of his bogus claims):

Quote:
ABR ELECTRONIC NEWSLETTER
Vol. 2, Issue 2 Circulation: 2675
February 15, 2002
http://www.christiananswers.net/abr
1-800-430-0008
[email protected]

Staff Commentary

Ron Wyatt's Sodom
Rev. Gary Byers

Geologist Steve Austin of the Institute for Creation Research recently examined evidence from a site on the west side of the Dead Sea (at the foot of Masada), suggested by Ron Wyatt as the location of the destroyed Biblical city of Sodom. Austin is one of the few geologists to have critically examined evidence from this region in light of Wyatt's claims. The site was recently visited, and the geological features were photographed by Robert Brecka of Baltimore, MD. Austin examined Brecka’s photos and also tested and evaluated samples from the area.

Having studied the geology of the local Lisan Marl in both Israel and Jordan, Austin noted the samples were typical of lake environments. Although not having specifically studied Wyatt's site, Austin has observed similar landforms and erosion features in the marl strata northeast of Masada. Referring to the Dead Sea basin as one of the world's best pull-apart basins, he pointed out its similarity to the Imperial Valley and Salton Sea of California in both tectonic structure and desert landforms.

After examining Brecka's photographs of the Lisan Marl on the west side of the Dead Sea, Austin noted the region's world-class examples of desert landforms. He described the Lisan Marl as ancient lake sediment from a former Dead Sea, which occupied the basin at a higher level just thousands of years ago at the time of the "Ice Age." The marl is very poorly consolidated and is composed of microscopic crystals of calcite (calcium carbonate) and gypsum (calcium sulfate with water). Austin identified piping tubes created by vertical fracturing, which then created sinkholes and cave-like structures. Although some have the appearance of human excavations, they are entirely of natural origin. Bridging, arches, rills, sapping structures and gully erosion were prominent in the region. Natural marl joints broke off in linear rectangular features that created narrow mesas (buttes) and pediments (gravel-covered mesas). Circular marl structures ("pinnacles" and "hodos") were also identified. Numerous erosional forms containing resistant strata (known as "elephant knees") were also observed in the marl formation.

Sulfur nodules, common throughout the site, were also examined and Austin suggested their presence was from the chemical alteration of gypsum within the strata. Earthquake-produced fluidization structures of beautiful swirls along with lamination forms and the phenomenon of desert varnish were also observed in the Lisan formations.

With all these features being common natural phenomenon and typical of dried up lake environments, Austin believed many were relic desert forms. He suggested they were created a couple of thousand years ago. Based on Brecka's photographs, Austin saw no reason to believe there was anything that was not a natural geological feature. While not totally ruling it out, he did not observe anything suggesting modification by human activity.

The Israel Antiquities Authority (IAA) also does not believe there is any evidence for ancient artifacts or structures at the site. Yet, they were favorable to Brecka's interest and encouraged him to apply for an excavation permit. (Photographs and a fuller report of the geological features at this site, believed by Ron Wyatt to be the destroyed city of Sodom, will appear in a coming issue of ABR's quarterly magazine Bible and Spade.)

Featured Link

Tentmaker.org

Since the magazine "Dew from Mount Hermon" published the article "A Great Christian Scam", Joel Davenport, the manager of WAR's Internet site, has published an article located at their website accusing Gary Amirault of not telling the truth. In the article, Amirault did not disclose the names of his sources since the article only went to a few hundred subscribers who trusted his reporting. On his website at Tentmaker.org, Amirault presents more complete information with the view of debunking the claims of Ron Wyatt.

Casper is offline  
 
post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 01:50 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!
 
DarkWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,316
*sniff, sniff* Smells like 2006 up in here!

Back when you first tried to present this nonsense, and were summarily shot down.

Do you know what the definition of insanity is?

BTW, nice find Casper!

An aside: Man I kinda miss Zorro. The old kook at least made you have to think about your responses.

[edit] Guess you didn't have much luck finding those thermal satellite photo's, eh Brian? Or the video of the sulfur ball melting through a spoon. Or the Merck manuals showing fear as the sole cause of Asthma. Or the medical research on MPD cases of patients with hundreds or thousands of MP's.

Must be nice not having corroborating evidence to back your insane claims, because then all we can do is call you on your bullshit, rather than outright disprove everything you claim (otherwise we'd have to be you).

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design

Last edited by DarkWolf; 03-06-2008 at 02:00 PM.
DarkWolf is offline  
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
I missed this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
Not true at all. Elemental Sulfur isn't pure. Go look at the percentages of elemental sulfur. It's somewhere in the 90 percentile range actually. not 100% pure unless it's man-made to take out all the impurities.
Casper is offline  
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
So, this picture is not real then, I suppose?

http://www.anchorstone.com/content/view/155/53/

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf
*sniff, sniff* Smells like 2006 up in here!

Back when you first tried to present this nonsense, and were summarily shot down.
I don't recall ever showing this video on here.

And in the video, you can clearly see the sulfur, the ash, and the building that's still standing and is obviously not a natural structure because it has a perfect retangular shape and matching designs on each side. It's clearly a building, but ashen.

Quote:
Do you know what the definition of insanity is?

BTW, nice find Casper!

An aside: Man I kinda miss Zorro. The old kook at least made you have to think about your responses.

[edit] Guess you didn't have much luck finding those thermal satellite photo's, eh Brian? Or the video of the sulfur ball melting through a spoon. Or the Merck manuals showing fear as the sole cause of Asthma. Or the medical research on MPD cases of patients with hundreds or thousands of MP's.

Must be nice not having corroborating evidence to back your insane claims, because then all we can do is call you on your bullshit, rather than outright disprove everything you claim (otherwise we'd have to be you).
Actually, I haven't looked for the one with the sulfur melting throught the spoon. I used to have it on video, but I'll see if I can find it on YouTube. What does it matter, though, really? Just curious...

Still haven't seen anyone disprove the prophecies, actually. Good luck with that one.

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
So, this picture is not real then, I suppose?

http://www.anchorstone.com/content/view/155/53/
You mean this pic?



Its a real image, sure. Of a valve wheel. Here's another:



They come in all shapes and sizes. This is just an example.
Casper is offline  
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
And in the video, you can clearly see the sulfur, the ash, and the building that's still standing and is obviously not a natural structure because it has a perfect retangular shape and matching designs on each side. It's clearly a building, but ashen.
I guess answersingenesis.com is not good enough for you when debunking Wyatt?

That's cool, then don't hold anything up from them as evidence lest ye be considered a raving hypocrit.

Check mate.
Casper is offline  
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
After examining Brecka's photographs of the Lisan Marl on the west side of the Dead Sea, Austin noted the region's world-class examples of desert landforms. He described the Lisan Marl as ancient lake sediment from a former Dead Sea, which occupied the basin at a higher level just thousands of years ago at the time of the "Ice Age."
What an idiot! He claims that this landscape was once a larger salten sea, yet there was hardly any salt anywhere in the area except in the areas right around the sea. Yeah, this guy's real credible. Please show me pictures of similar geological structures that compare to the one that has a perfect rectangular shape, two equal lenght sides, and two more equal lengths sides. I'd love to see that. Oh, what's that? You can't because there aren't any? Oh, gee, imagine that!

Sorry, but I'm not a dupe that takes someone's word for something. The guy clearly doesn't want this to be true, and is giving his opinion as such. And he gives absolutely NO explanation for there being millions of sulfur balls all over the place. Oh, and please excuse my 100% sulfur comment. It's actually 90% and some magnesium I think... I forget. It's some of the most pure sulfur in the world. And I'd love to see these pictures and videos of the other places "similar to this" where everything is ashen. Actually, please provide video, because pictures don't show people reaching into the walls of dirt and it crumbling like ash.

At least with this video, I have some pretty good visual evidence to go on instead of some guy's opinion with nothing to back him up. I'm not a dupe like some of you. I actually like to see things with my own eyes and get evidence to back it up. I'll openly admit when something cannot be proven. And I'll openly admit that I'm not sure you can prove that this is or isn't Sodom & Gomorrah. But the sulfur balls, ashen area, and exact geographic location would tend to show that it is exactly where the Bible says it was and it really did have sulfur rained down on it like it was said to have occured, and everything really is ashen as stated. Therefore, I think it's a reasonable conclusion to say that this is Sodom & Gomorrah. I'd love to see another area of the world with millions of sulfur balls everywhere.

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
Actually, I haven't looked for the one with the sulfur melting throught the spoon. I used to have it on video, but I'll see if I can find it on YouTube. What does it matter, though, really? Just curious...
Then get you some sulpher and a spoon and make your own. Imagine, you'd be backing up your claims and providing evidence for others at the same time. After all, your intent isn't just to troll an insignificant racer board, right?
Casper is offline  
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
What an idiot! He claims that this landscape was once a larger salten sea, yet there was hardly any salt anywhere in the area except in the areas right around the sea. Yeah, this guy's real credible. Please show me pictures of similar geological structures that compare to the one that has a perfect rectangular shape, two equal lenght sides, and two more equal lengths sides. I'd love to see that. Oh, what's that? You can't because there aren't any? Oh, gee, imagine that!

Sorry, but I'm not a dupe that takes someone's word for something. The guy clearly doesn't want this to be true, and is giving his opinion as such. And he gives absolutely NO explanation for there being millions of sulfur balls all over the place. Oh, and please excuse my 100% sulfur comment. It's actually 90% and some magnesium I think... I forget. It's some of the most pure sulfur in the world. And I'd love to see these pictures and videos of the other places "similar to this" where everything is ashen. Actually, please provide video, because pictures don't show people reaching into the walls of dirt and it crumbling like ash.

At least with this video, I have some pretty good visual evidence to go on instead of some guy's opinion with nothing to back him up. I'm not a dupe like some of you. I actually like to see things with my own eyes and get evidence to back it up. I'll openly admit when something cannot be proven. And I'll openly admit that I'm not sure you can prove that this is or isn't Sodom & Gomorrah. But the sulfur balls, ashen area, and exact geographic location would tend to show that it is exactly where the Bible says it was and it really did have sulfur rained down on it like it was said to have occured, and everything really is ashen as stated. Therefore, I think it's a reasonable conclusion to say that this is Sodom & Gomorrah. I'd love to see another area of the world with millions of sulfur balls everywhere.
I think you should take Geomorphology 101 before you go any further. Seriously. Its an easy major.

And a valium. Can't hurt.
Casper is offline  
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Please explain how they found charred wood inside of the ashen remains. They clearly pull out pieces of the ashen remains and show how they have pieces of charred wood inside the pieces of ash.

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Clearly this is a man-made wall. Look at the perfection in the buttress and the perfection with which it mates to the fusilade.

Casper is offline  
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Then get you some sulpher and a spoon and make your own. Imagine, you'd be backing up your claims and providing evidence for others at the same time. After all, your intent isn't just to troll an insignificant racer board, right?
I've been on www.fordbastards.org for a long time. I'm no troll, smartguy. I've been on the forums for a long time and this is the first car forum I've posted anything religious in, except for one thread someone else started once. That's it.

And as for sulfur melting through a spoon, as I said, I'll see if I can find it on YouTube so I don't have to buy the video again.

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Clearly this is a man-made wall. Look at the perfection in the buttress and the perfection with which it mates to the fusilade.

Clearly, this image does not have a perfect rectangular shape with extruding perfect squares/cubes at each corner. Clearly this is what an idiot calls a ridiculous argument too. Thanks for pointing that out to us.

Aren't you a cute little atheist. I just want to squeeze those cheeks for yours like a cute little granny would. lol

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
In fact, that wall is so perfect, it must be part of a stunning work of ancient human construction. Here's a pic of the whole thing:

Casper is offline  
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
And as for sulfur melting through a spoon, as I said, I'll see if I can find it on YouTube so I don't have to buy the video again.
You bought a video of sulpher melting through a spoon?

Please continue. This just gets better and better.
Casper is offline  
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
In fact, that wall is so perfect, it must be part of a stunning work of ancient human construction. Here's a pic of the whole thing:

There's nothing perfect about that. Looks like what would happen if the crust fell down onto the mantle and the underside of the crust had a huge jagged part underneith exactly the same shape as that, which was forced up as the crust fell down. But then again, you wouldn't know anything about that, because that's just a ridiculous theory.

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
You bought a video of sulpher melting through a spoon?

Please continue. This just gets better and better.
No, I bought the video of Sodom & Gomorrah, and in that video they took the sulfure and put it in a spoon and eventually it started eating through the spoon. If you didn't pick up on that, then you really do need a lesson in deductive reasoning and logic. Please continue... it just keeps getting better.

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Oh, whoops, I was wrong. The sulfur was lit on fire before it melted through the spoon. LOL My mistake; I haven't seen this video since 1999. I found it pretty easily on YouTube this time, though. The guy will put you to sleep and so will the woman with the bad southern accent. But if you let it load and then skip to the 2 minute mark, you'll see the 95% sulfur plus other elements they found in it which all contributed to a very hot burn. The scientists supposedly said they would not light it light the sulfur to test it because it would damage their stainless steel equiptment. Maybe the spoon was stainless steel too, because it melts through the spoon. Here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dkoS...eature=related

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
There's nothing perfect about that. Looks like what would happen if the crust fell down onto the mantle and the underside of the crust had a huge jagged part underneith exactly the same shape as that, which was forced up as the crust fell down. But then again, you wouldn't know anything about that, because that's just a ridiculous theory.
I wouldn't know anything about that because I have studied geomorphology and geology enough to know how it actually was created. Uplift had nothing to do with it. Gravity and climate did.

Seriously, a good geomorphology course would open your eyes.

You could breathe in the wonder of creation and then truly ponder how insignificant mankind really is.
Casper is offline  
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
Oh, whoops, I was wrong.
Mark your calenders!

The apocolypse is nigh!

Lions sleeping with dogs!
Casper is offline  
post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
You mean this pic?



Its a real image, sure. Of a valve wheel. Here's another:



They come in all shapes and sizes. This is just an example.
What kind of moron shows that picture of the wheel when there are THESE pictures there:





Oh, I know what kind of moron would do that... One who doesn't want to show pictures of wheels that have obviously been down there for a very long time, and someone that doesn't want to show that ancient Egyptian wheels from that time period just happen to be made with exactly the same design as these wheels. Hmmmmm....

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I wouldn't know anything about that because I have studied geomorphology and geology enough to know how it actually was created. Uplift had nothing to do with it. Gravity and climate did.

Seriously, a good geomorphology course would open your eyes.

You could breathe in the wonder of creation and then truly ponder how insignificant mankind really is.
What a typical atheistic load of crap. We are hardly insignificant. This is all created for us. Do you also believe in global warming and that we are just a virus to the planet and need to be killed off? lol Those darn tree-huggers get on my nerves. Please say you're not a tree-hugger too...

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Mark your calenders!

The apocolypse is nigh!

Lions sleeping with dogs!
It's actually lions sleeping with lambs actually. You know, you should really take a course on the Bible sometime. It would really open your eyes up to mankind being not so insignificant.

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
What kind of moron shows that picture of the wheel when there are THESE pictures there:





Oh, I know what kind of moron would do that... One who doesn't want to show pictures of wheels that have obviously been down there for a very long time, and someone that doesn't want to show that ancient Egyptian wheels from that time period just happen to be made with exactly the same design as these wheels. Hmmmmm....
I posted the first infamous picture there. Not the doctored pictures. And even the doctored pictures have a problem. You see, we have chariot wheels from egypt. Here's one:



Note if you will the early development of an axle affixed to the wheel, not the chariot. This was from Tutankhamen, who would be of a later dynasty than any matching the biblical chronology.

Fun fact: do you know why ancient cultures used chariots? Because horses had not evolved which were strong enough to carry a rider. Oops! There's that e-word, and it doesn't have any relevance on the bible. In fact they are in harmony. How can that be?
Casper is offline  
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
It's actually lions sleeping with lambs actually. You know, you should really take a course on the Bible sometime. It would really open your eyes up to mankind being not so insignificant.
You should really learn some of the memes in /4chan if you can't recognize them right off.
Casper is offline  
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
What a typical atheistic load of crap. We are hardly insignificant. This is all created for us. Do you also believe in global warming and that we are just a virus to the planet and need to be killed off? lol Those darn tree-huggers get on my nerves. Please say you're not a tree-hugger too...
True that
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,249
Sulpher does not exist.
Repeat, sulpher does not exist.
Now, carry on with the conversation with that in mind.
FSON is offline  
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 07:19 AM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
True that
By taking that position you are placing yourself pretty far up in a heirarchy that includes its own omnipotent creator. That doesn't leave much room for the creator to have much real significance, but hey, its your call.
Casper is offline  
post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 07:40 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Man was created in God's own image, and was granted dominion over all other life on earth. How you got from that to stating there is not much room for the Creator to have much real significance is something that you, yourself fabricated. That's strictly your statement, and is of no significance to me.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 08:12 AM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
Man was created in God's own image, and was granted dominion over all other life on earth. How you got from that to stating there is not much room for the Creator to have much real significance is something that you, yourself fabricated. That's strictly your statement, and is of no significance to me.
The ordinal position (ie: the linear position in the grand scheme of things) of man to God is not important. Certainly a human is more significant than a rock. How significant is a human compared to God? I would say that the difference between a lowly rock and a human being, vast as it is, is nothing compared to the difference between a human and God. After all, they all exist in this "universe", for lack of a better definition. I'm not ruling out the possibility of a God that span multiple "universes" either, because I can't place any limitations on the concept and don't need to.
Casper is offline  
post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 08:26 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Man is very significant to God. In Christianity that significance is demonstrated by His blessing us with His Son Jesus Christ, who both lived among humankind as one with them and died for them.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
Man is very significant to God. In Christianity that significance is demonstrated by His blessing us with His Son Jesus Christ, who both lived among humankind as one with them and died for them.
Almost as great as god but not quite, huh?

Kind of reduces God.
Casper is offline  
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 08:58 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Uhh, no, saying man is of great significance to God is in no way saying man is "almost as great as God but not quite" or "kind of reduces God"....LOL. Again, those are only statements you're making all by yourself. What I posted about man's significance doesn't mean anything other than what it says.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 09:01 AM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
Uhh, no, saying man is of great significance to God is in no way saying man is "almost as great as God but not quite" or "kind of reduces God"....LOL. Again, those are only statements you're making all by yourself. What I posted about man's significance doesn't mean anything other than what it says.
Whatever. You seem to know all about God and what God has done in this world and any others.
Casper is offline  
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 09:04 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
I know what God has done for humankind, based on my relationship with Jesus Christ and the Bible. I have never said anything about other worlds or speculated about such in this forum. That, again, is one of your very own statements, not mine..
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
Man was created in God's own image, and was granted dominion over all other life on earth. How you got from that to stating there is not much room for the Creator to have much real significance is something that you, yourself fabricated. That's strictly your statement, and is of no significance to me.
That's EXACTLY the problem.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 09:41 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Not a problem for me.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #41 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
I'm not talking about mankinds significance in the eyes of God, I'm talking about the scale of significance of mankind in the whole scheme of things. If you believe in God that grand scheme has to include God.

You are simply arguing Mankind's significance in God's plan for mankind. Of course mankind is a significant part of that plan. You can't begin to speculate on what other plans God may have and their significance among one another. To do so requires you to read God's mind. You can't do that, can you? Maybe you can, I don't know.
Casper is offline  
post #42 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
What other plans God may have for His Creation outside of mankind and the world created for him are thus far known to God alone. Also, how mankind may rank in a hierarchy of importance, if any, alongside the rest of Creation would be blind speculation. Genesis 1 states that God looked upon all of His Creation and saw that it was good, and that Creation obviously includes mankind but does not single out man as being "more good". Man could be presumed though to be of special significance to God, having been created in His image, having been given dominion over the world created for mankind, and having been saved through Jesus Christ to ultimately share a place with God for eternity in His Kingdom. That is my understanding of it.

Last edited by Mr Majestyk; 03-07-2008 at 10:55 AM.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #43 of 43 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 01:26 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!
 
DarkWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
And he gives absolutely NO explanation for there being millions of sulfur balls all over the place.
Volcano eruption. Just like I showed you 2 years ago when you first brought this up.

I linked to the thread already. Shall I resurrect it too?

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
DarkWolf is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome