Science and Progress - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 04:39 AM Thread Starter
Metric Wrench
 
Nestromo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Watauga, Texas
Posts: 1,714
Science and Progress

Is this a human?

This one looks more like the missing link to me.

And the truth shall set you free.
Nestromo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 10:39 AM
ebay pimp
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Carrollton, TX
Posts: 4,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestromo
Trouble maker, you KNOW we were made of clay & God breathed life into us! Nothing has ever evolved, everything is just as God made!

Ohh.....and all those early humanoid bones they keep digging up.....all fakes, thier planted the night before the "big discovery".

Scott
White trash wagon is offline  
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 01:07 PM
Pilgrim
 
Phillystang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,086
Yep, that skull proves that humans evolved from the organic mud. There is no way that the skull could be that of an extinct prehistoric ape, it is clearly that of our great, great, great, great, etc grandfather.
Phillystang is offline  
 
post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,249
Aliens came down from their exploding galaxy and mated with monkeys. Then they raised Atlantis out of the Indian Ocean to form a utopia. Some of the "Breeds" (think Kung Fu TV series "Hey BREED, watchu doin in these here parts?") escaped to become the precursers of the Hobits. They were developing microwave ovens three thousand years ago. The aliens found this development and destroyed most of the Breed society. Those that escaped were genetically mutated by the aliens pissing in their drinking water. More to follow.
FSON is offline  
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?
 
flashstang04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,224

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
flashstang04 is offline  
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 03:52 PM
ebay pimp
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Carrollton, TX
Posts: 4,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillystang
Yep, that skull proves that humans evolved from the organic mud. There is no way that the skull could be that of an extinct prehistoric ape, it is clearly that of our great, great, great, great, etc grandfather.
Actually to a creationist, we did come directly from mud.
White trash wagon is offline  
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Metric Wrench
 
Nestromo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Watauga, Texas
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashstang04
Nestromo is offline  
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 06:43 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillystang
Yep, that skull proves that humans evolved from the organic mud. There is no way that the skull could be that of an extinct prehistoric ape, it is clearly that of our great, great, great, great, etc grandfather.
Fun fact: Once upon a time the Creationists believed that species could not go extinct.
exlude is offline  
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 07:30 PM
Pilgrim
 
Phillystang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
Fun fact: Once upon a time the Creationists believed that species could not go extinct.
On the same train of thought, let's say if creationists were to once believe that man couldn't travel to the moon, would that mean I couldn't be a creationist anymore because one of their fringe beliefs happened to be not true?
Phillystang is offline  
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 09:37 AM
ebay pimp
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Carrollton, TX
Posts: 4,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillystang
Yep, that skull proves that humans evolved from the organic mud. There is no way that the skull could be that of an extinct prehistoric ape, it is clearly that of our great, great, great, great, etc grandfather.
Creationist used to say dinosaurs never existed & that no species had ever gone extinct.

But explain Neanderthal skeletons, even a glance tells you they were NOT apes, but they are clearly not modern humans either. We've recovered Neanderthal tools, objects of art & even found burial sites with flowers, food & gifts buried with thier dead....they were clearly NOT apes. Explain that.........

Scott
White trash wagon is offline  
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Metric Wrench
 
Nestromo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Watauga, Texas
Posts: 1,714
We evolved, PERIOD. If not then god created apes in his image also. Take from that what you will.

Christians need to start considering the possibility of creation through evolution. I started to say they can't stay blind forever, but it has worked for a long long time so I guess time will tell.

Jonathan
Nestromo is offline  
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 10:21 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bandera County
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestromo
We evolved, PERIOD. If not then god created apes in his image also. Take from that what you will.

Christians need to start considering the possibility of creation through evolution. I started to say they can't stay blind forever, but it has worked for a long long time so I guess time will tell.

Jonathan
Most do.

Creationists (a minority) do not.

Hence the use of the word "Creationists" above.

Plenty of early Church Fathers acknowledged that the Earth was not only 5,000 years old or that the Earth was created in 6 24 hour periods.

03 Mach1
[email protected] N/A
Brain_Mach1 is offline  
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Pilgrim
 
Phillystang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by White trash wagon
Creationist used to say dinosaurs never existed & that no species had ever gone extinct.

But explain Neanderthal skeletons, even a glance tells you they were NOT apes, but they are clearly not modern humans either. We've recovered Neanderthal tools, objects of art & even found burial sites with flowers, food & gifts buried with thier dead....they were clearly NOT apes. Explain that.........

Scott
Here is a handful of articles from creation scientists

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home...thropology.asp
Phillystang is offline  
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Pilgrim
 
Phillystang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain_Mach1
Most do.

Creationists (a minority) do not.

Hence the use of the word "Creationists" above.

Plenty of early Church Fathers acknowledged that the Earth was not only 5,000 years old or that the Earth was created in 6 24 hour periods.
Most do? Your evidence of this? Do Catholics consider themselves Christian?
Phillystang is offline  
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bandera County
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillystang
Most do? Your evidence of this? Do Catholics consider themselves Christian?
The Catholic Church is ~ 50% of Christians. This does not count the Orthodox who have VERY similar beliefs to Catholics. Add to that any Protestants who are not creationist (I assume some) and you have serpassed 50%.

Catholics are Christians, don't be silly. Catholics and Orthodox were the only Christians for 1500 years.

03 Mach1
[email protected] N/A
Brain_Mach1 is offline  
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 01:21 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: irving
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain_Mach1
Most do.

Creationists (a minority) do not.

Hence the use of the word "Creationists" above.

Plenty of early Church Fathers acknowledged that the Earth was not only 5,000 years old or that the Earth was created in 6 24 hour periods.
as a creationist, i believe that all animals have evolved over time, and humans perhaps evolved a small degree.. but ALL evolved "within their kinds"
svtaaron is offline  
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 01:37 PM
ebay pimp
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Carrollton, TX
Posts: 4,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtaaron
as a creationist, i believe that all animals have evolved over time, and humans perhaps evolved a small degree.. but ALL evolved "within their kinds"
How much evolution can happen in 6000 years?
White trash wagon is offline  
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?
 
flashstang04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain_Mach1

Catholics are Christians, don't be silly. Catholics and Orthodox were the only Christians for 1500 years.


All Catholics are not Christians..they just go through the movements. The same can be said for Baptists, Lutherans, etc, and on and on.

You can get dunked as much as you want, and follow any rituals you want inside a given denomination or sect, but without receiving Christ, it's all for nothing.


Also, I think that you would find that most Christians overwhelmingly believe in literal creation as described in Genesis. I guess it all depends on what your definition of a Christian is.

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
flashstang04 is offline  
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bandera County
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashstang04
All Catholics are not Christians..they just go through the movements. The same can be said for Baptists, Lutherans, etc, and on and on.

You can get dunked as much as you want, and follow any rituals you want inside a given denomination or sect, but without receiving Christ, it's all for nothing.
Fair statement.

But there are those who believe Catholics are not Christian. Phillystang posted some John something guy who holds that belief. This leads me to believe that Phillystang is in that catagory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashstang04
Also, I think that you would find that most Christians overwhelmingly believe in literal creation as described in Genesis. I guess it all depends on what your definition of a Christian is.
The Church Fathers disagree on this point, so the quesiton falls to what does it matter to a persons salvation? Church Councils have not addressed this since it does not appear to be relevent to salvation.

The Pope has made some comments which ruffled a lot of creationists feathers. Benedict is a Christian and head of the worlds largest Christian church.

03 Mach1
[email protected] N/A
Brain_Mach1 is offline  
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bandera County
Posts: 918
Double post

03 Mach1
[email protected] N/A
Brain_Mach1 is offline  
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?
 
flashstang04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,224
I would agree that semantics ..while maybe getting in the way of learning, are definitely not something that salvation can be based on. Either you have Christ , or you don't. (Read that..either you have the one and ONLY thing..or not)


As for the pope.. I hope he is a Christian. He certainly acts like one. No one can know. It doesn't matter anyway, because "Peter the Roman " is next and will be the harbinger of doom. (according to some prophecies)

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
flashstang04 is offline  
post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: irving
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by White trash wagon
How much evolution can happen in 6000 years?
i dont believe in the whole of evolution...
i believe everything was created and through time, different species evolved from different animal kinds. for instance,not every genre of dog was created, but through a minimal amount, we have all the breeds of today.
svtaaron is offline  
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Pilgrim
 
Phillystang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain_Mach1
The Catholic Church is ~ 50% of Christians. This does not count the Orthodox who have VERY similar beliefs to Catholics. Add to that any Protestants who are not creationist (I assume some) and you have serpassed 50%.

Catholics are Christians, don't be silly. Catholics and Orthodox were the only Christians for 1500 years.
So you are saying that all Catholics and all Eastern Orthodox are not creationists, that God did not create Adam and Eve as humans, but that they evolved from non humans?
Phillystang is offline  
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 08:26 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 97
Christian

I KNOW .YOU WILL SAY WHERE DID GOD COME FROM ....BUT .. IF U THINK CREATION IS HARD TO SWALLOW...WHERE DID ..(.DIRT.) .COME FROM ?
lefty1300 is offline  
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Metric Wrench
 
Nestromo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Watauga, Texas
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillystang
Here is a handful of articles from creation scientists

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home...thropology.asp

A scientist does not start with a conclusion and then attempt to use the data at hand to support his conclusion. A scientist searches for a conclusion based on the data that he has collected. Therefore Creation Science is a fallacy.

Scientific method:
1)Make Observations
2)Make a Hypothesis
3)Design an Experiment
4)Conduct an Experiment
5)Gather Data from Observations
6)Analyze Data
7)Reach a Conclusion
Nestromo is offline  
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 01:34 PM
Pilgrim
 
Phillystang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestromo
A scientist does not start with a conclusion and then attempt to use the data at hand to support his conclusion. A scientist searches for a conclusion based on the data that he has collected. Therefore Creation Science is a fallacy.

Scientific method:
1)Make Observations
2)Make a Hypothesis
3)Design an Experiment
4)Conduct an Experiment
5)Gather Data from Observations
6)Analyze Data
7)Reach a Conclusion
I disagree, macro evolution cannot be demonstrated using the scientific method.
Phillystang is offline  
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Metric Wrench
 
Nestromo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Watauga, Texas
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillystang
I disagree, macro evolution cannot be demonstrated using the scientific method.
And creation can?

Please demonstrate creation using the scientific method.
Nestromo is offline  
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Pilgrim
 
Phillystang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestromo
And creation can?

Please demonstrate creation using the scientific method.
Much like science cannot explain and test miracles, I also wouldn't argue that the scientific method can prove creation.
Phillystang is offline  
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Metric Wrench
 
Nestromo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Watauga, Texas
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillystang
Much like science cannot explain and test miracles, I also wouldn't argue that the scientific method can prove creation.
Well there you go then.

Science will continue to progress.
Nestromo is offline  
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 03:48 PM
Pilgrim
 
Phillystang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestromo
Well there you go then.

Science will continue to progress.
The ironic thing about progression in science is that 50 years from now, many of the things you hold as scientifically true will be discovered to be wrong.
Phillystang is offline  
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Metric Wrench
 
Nestromo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Watauga, Texas
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillystang
The ironic thing about progression in science is that 50 years from now, many of the things you hold as scientifically true will be discovered to be wrong.
Many things that BOTH of us hold as true will be disproven.

Nothing however can be found that will help your case and mine just keeps getting better.

So do you think that god just made us so similar to apes because it was easy?
Nestromo is offline  
post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 05:20 PM
Pilgrim
 
Phillystang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestromo
Many things that BOTH of us hold as true will be disproven.

Nothing however can be found that will help your case and mine just keeps getting better.
I disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestromo
So do you think that god just made us so similar to apes because it was easy?
Everything in creation is easy for God. I don't know all of His purposes.
Phillystang is offline  
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Metric Wrench
 
Nestromo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Watauga, Texas
Posts: 1,714
I love you guys.

But not in a "gay" sort of way.
Nestromo is offline  
post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 05:47 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillystang
On the same train of thought, let's say if creationists were to once believe that man couldn't travel to the moon, would that mean I couldn't be a creationist anymore because one of their fringe beliefs happened to be not true?
I wasn't saying that, was just a fun fact

However, it's a lot more than "fringe beliefs" that argue against creationism.
exlude is offline  
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 01:48 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!
 
DarkWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty1300
I KNOW .YOU WILL SAY WHERE DID GOD COME FROM ....BUT .. IF U THINK CREATION IS HARD TO SWALLOW...WHERE DID ..(.DIRT.) .COME FROM ?
This message brought to you by methamphetamines.

I mean seriously, who the hell types that out, looks at it, and goes "Yeah! Hell yeah! That gets my point across succinctly."?

My cat could type a more coherent statement. I've witnessed it.

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
DarkWolf is offline  
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
Metric Wrench
 
Nestromo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Watauga, Texas
Posts: 1,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
I wasn't saying that, was just a fun fact

However, it's a lot more than "fringe beliefs" that argue against creationism.
Isn't it funny how things are facts until they are proven wrong and then they are "fringe beliefs"?
Nestromo is offline  
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf
This message brought to you by methamphetamines.

I mean seriously, who the hell types that out, looks at it, and goes "Yeah! Hell yeah! That gets my point across succinctly."?

My cat could type a more coherent statement. I've witnessed it.
I missed this place, LOL!
Casper is offline  
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 05:52 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!
 
DarkWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I missed this place, LOL!
I've been wondering were you've been lately

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
DarkWolf is offline  
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Musician for the deaf
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 9,656
Working my butt off. The banking industry is booming and I haven't had a day off in over six months.
Casper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome